• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it's pretty awful the way the voting has been handled. The steam crowd is not proving they're smarter on average than the console crowd here.

At least the decision between the two was within ~%1.

Happy for those that wanted Shelter though. I enjoyed it for what it was.

Wanted Sherlock... So sick of the 'cheapest' game winning almost every single damn time. Barely save anything? IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE ITS THE CHEAPEST OF OPTIONS DUUUUR

Sorry for caps :(

Bu... bu... but it wasn't the cheapest? It wasn't even the highest discount. And this particular vote was split nearly evenly between the three options.

Regardless, sorry dude :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I got a few comments yesterday about my giveaway, aparently people prefer lightning raffle type things?

dani_dc

Waking up with a dream about your ex-gf, nice way to start christmas day!

Well at least I got plenty of great stuff on Steam from friends:

-Dishonored
-They Bleed Pixels
-Guacamelee
-Dust Elysian Tail
-Long Live The Queen

Lots to start playing after today's dinner with the rest of the family.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
whats the chances of Fallout 3 game of the year edition dropping further ? or have I missed it :(
Not through Steam, but FYI; Its 2,50 on the UPlay website and comes with a Steam-key.
*click*

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
so I got a few comments yesterday about my giveaway, aparently people prefer lightning raffle type things?

Before I answer, I need to say that anybody who complains about what you did yesterday needs to be slapped in the mouth. (edit: In the most seasonally appropriate way possible, of course)

That said, I prefer doing the raffle myself because it gives people a little more chance to get in on it if they didn't luck out and enter/refresh the page at just the right time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I think lightning raffles encourage more participation, and allow people time to evaluate how interested in the title they are; as opposed to quickly trying to send out a message to modbot.

akira28

I like the giveaways myself. At least then I feel like I can gauge my chances.

So has anyone actually crafted free game loot from the snow globe cards? Loot that didn't suck and could be sold for $$? I've just been selling them off at $.23+ a pop.

Copons

dude i have a hacker left over from my giveway the other day, just take it? let me dig it up

Considering that I always find expired giveaways when I wake up and first check the thread every morning, I'll suggest you all to only post 24 hours raffles.

Or, even better, just PM me your games, it's easier for everybody, thanks!

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

I have no problems at all with the way you did it yesterday even though I never won anything because of the last day rule :p which is ok with me(not trying to be greedy lol).

It's your giveaways, do em the way you want to and however you want to.

I just hope after garnish wages for the next month I can be doing giveaways on the scale of yours next sale.

Random not quite steam related question.

For those games that require a program to do gamepad to keyboard mappings (binding of Isaac for example) what does everyone prefer?

JoyToKey
Xpadder 5.3 (free)
Xpadder (licensed)
PGP (licensed)

So far, I've had the least trouble with PGP, but as my trial winds down, I'm looking for input before I drop the money on a license. Any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom