• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Nice, Shelter came through.

Has Volgarr been a flash / community deal yet?

I believe it had a flash sale.

Sweet deal if you want a mouse, I am in Canada :(

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/deathad...8864523065&skuId=8157061&st=8157061&cp=1&lp=1

40$ steam giftcard with purchase!

Coincidentally, the death adder is the only razer product I can recommend with a straight face.
It is their only mouse with a decent sensor that isn't designed for failure. That Razer build quality and that price though.

derFeef

almost halfway through my sale budget now, happy with some of the games and always happy to gift them too :)

I hope the Transformer games are soon on the daily or flash sale, Stallion said they are good!

Kanokare

almost halfway through my sale budget now, happy with some of the games and always happy to gift them too :)

I hope the Transformer games are soon on the daily or flash sale, Stallion said they are good!

My friend has been asking for Transformers everyday. It's Activision though... what are the chances of a good cut?

Let me know if it is really THAT good. I've been thinking of purchasing it.
If you played and enjoyed Aria or Dawn of Sorrow and want a much lighter version of that with procedurally generated castle layouts and character classes, I'd say it's well worth your while.

Also new thread, woo!
musicnote

Wanted Sherlock... So sick of the 'cheapest' game winning almost every single damn time. Barely save anything? IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE ITS THE CHEAPEST OF OPTIONS DUUUUR

Sorry for caps :(

Colin.

I'm alright with Shelter winning. At least it isn't in a bundle right now, unlike Hacker Evolution. Seemed to be a real tight vote too.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

There's actually a demo available on roguelegacy.com , I'm not sure if it's been updated since the game launched but it convinced me to preorder the game after I played the demo for a few hours. Assuming it's the same, it's the first area of the game with an increased rate of progression but most skills and upgrades locked away. Gives a nice idea of what the game is about.

Personally I really enjoyed it. There are issues, and it certainly can get grindy, and you have to be okay with the idea that you'll die a lot and play a decent amount without making noticeable progress. I've had it since it came out and have beaten New Game ++ mode and played 21 hours. Certainly worth a look at the demo at least to see if it's your kind of thing.

Derrick01

Banned
Wanted Sherlock... So sick of the 'cheapest' game winning almost every single damn time. Barely save anything? IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE ITS THE CHEAPEST OF OPTIONS DUUUUR

Yeah it's pretty awful the way the voting has been handled. The steam crowd is not proving they're smarter on average than the console crowd here.

Eusis

I'm guessing some people don't think to click through and check first, though it's still frustrating and implies an unwillingness to go search on what the game even is, how big the new discount really will be, etc. At least this is a significant discount rather than WOW A DIME (no wait we change the price so it's not as much bullshit when it wins but it still kind of is)!

Mrbob

Hahah my votes never win. Another close defeat. Wanted Sherlock. Hopefully it comes up later as a flash deal or daily.

I put almost 30 hours into the game, it is that good!

Splatt

Well, in this case, the cheapest game lost.

Hacker would have been 1.5e if it had won.

Grief.exe

Yeah it's pretty awful the way the voting has been handled. The steam crowd is not proving they're smarter on average than the console crowd here.

Steam sales bring in the lowest common denominator like flies to the next-gen console flame.

Voting system needs to be reworked completely.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To be fair, this vote was essentially a 3 way tie, with 33%, 33%, and Shelter barely won at 34%.

_hekk05

Banned
Well unfortunately there's not much I'm interested in so far. Where are the discounts on dayz and starbound? I mean hey even COD was disxounted.

TheExodu5

Banned

Huh? Hacker Evolution had both the biggest discount and was the cheapest game and it didn't win.

People voted for Shelter because it actually seems interesting.

MiKeD

Banned
Damn, people getting pissed off because you get an extra game even cheaper than usual...Can't win them all, fellas.

fantomena

Hahaha. Im waiting for the new dailies and flashes and while waiting Im playing KZ: Shadow Fall. The game is so boring I actually slept 15 minutes and just woke up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not to be a buzzkill, but sherlock did have a flash deal already, just saying :(

Well unfortunately there's not much I'm interested in so far. Where are the discounts on dayz and starbound? I mean hey even COD was disxounted.

To be fair both of those are in early beta, both of those have sold insane amounts at full price and both of those came out this month :p

Grief.exe

They were just released within the last couple of weeks.
Both are alpha products.
They are selling like crazy even without discounts.

The important thing to remember here is both games are still very early. They don't want a flood of new owners making a quick purchase on something theybdont understand. You would be surprised how many people purchase these games without the knowledge of what early access actually means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom