• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Hello new thread.
Hello new people.
Good to see you those who've been around.
Welcome back those who been gone for some time.
A happy day to all, no matter the belief or practices or tolerance for cookies.

Remember to take the time and play one of those games you have on Steam and enjoy it. Just it, not because you got it on sale, not because there was a better deal, not because it's a Russian duplicate game that adds to your overall count list, but just to play and enjoy the spirit of fun or emotional immersion or learning or whatever the title goes for.

Great post :)

I almost forgot I could actually play these games once in a while! Maybe I'll give that a try today (or spend an hour going up and down my list deciding what to play first)

Love the Steam GAF community! Happy Holidays everyone.

FloatOn

How's the newest Mortal Kombat online on PC?

It's insanely cheap on GMG, I want to buy it but I'm afraid that online code is shit.

I'll also add that the movie cut scenes are really poorly compressed so when it switches to them from the in game engine it's kind of jarring.

but whatever. it's worth it for the story mode and local multiplayer.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't idle in games, why would you assume as such? Maybe I really did play over 400 hours in games in the last two weeks. Do the impossible, row row fight da power.

MiKeD

Banned
Well it's my very Steam sale and already got some games despite heavy limitations because of my old ass pc. I expect this to continue today.

hohoXD123

Shelter wins. Close vote

tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif

Uga

Hard to be poor (and a Jew that doesn't even celebrate Christmas so no gifts for me) during Christmas sales, man. *cue that South Park song*

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hard to be poor (and a Jew that doesn't even celebrate Christmas so no gifts for me) during Christmas sales, man. *cue that South Park song*

theres a million giveaways on this thread everyday at least

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm trying hard and I can't really think of a game I wouldn't buy at 99% off.

A complete Train Simulator 2014 package would probably still be around $30 at 99% off based on a quick estimate. Current DLC discount ranges 40-75% off and totals $1620.

The_Monk

I just got Rogue Legacy from the kind Gentleman Jack Thank you very much!

Any aware Steam-GAFfer will give a proper reply to this post, I just feel it. :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Come on 75% off Alpha Protocol, I know you can show up.
Pretty please?

FloatOn

even with all of these game acquisitions I'm still not going to forsake my plan of devoting January to Fallout 3 and February to New Vegas.

I've waited long enough to play these.

TheExodu5

Banned
Damage so far:

Rust (no sale)
Long Live The Queen (50% off on the developer site)

So technically, I guess I haven't bought a single game from this sale yet. Lets hope the next few days bring something more exciting to the table.

Kanokare

Oh Shelter won. Was hoping it wouldn't since it was in some bundle some month ago.

Edit - Actually all 3 were in a bundle. Glad Shelter won since that's the best of the 3.

Splatt

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm definitely getting SF:AE.

Also, big thanks to derFeef for gifting me FTL.

I already thanked him through PM, but thought it would be nice to give a bit of a shoutout here :)

Prophane33

mmm, got my Chinese food on. Just waiting to check out those daily deals and play hours of games while listening to the newest Giant Bomb GOTY podcast. Today shall be a very good day.

Addnan

Have been pretty broke this sale so didn't by my self any games, but steam sharing makes up for it. Have been playing Wolf Among Us, Batman and a few others. Love it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I played about 1 hour of Shelter and it was awesome. fuck that eagle tho :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom