• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the giveaways myself. At least then I feel like I can gauge my chances.

So has anyone actually crafted free game loot from the snow globe cards? Loot that didn't suck and could be sold for $$? I've just been selling them off at $.23+ a pop.

Yeah, I lucked out and got an uncommon Warframe drop on Day 1 of the sale (thanks to saved up snowglobes from prior badges that magically appeared on Day 1), and I was able to unload it for ~ $3

Yeah it's pretty awful the way the voting has been handled. The steam crowd is not proving they're smarter on average than the console crowd here.

Can't argue with you at all here... There have been some amazingly odd winners.

I'm guessing some people don't think to click through and check first, though it's still frustrating and implies an unwillingness to go search on what the game even is, how big the new discount really will be, etc. At least this is a significant discount rather than WOW A DIME (no wait we change the price so it's not as much bullshit when it wins but it still kind of is)!

Yep I'm with you as well. It's a shame to say the least.

Well, in this case, the cheapest game lost.

Hacker would have been 1.5e if it had won.

Huh? Hacker Evolution had both the biggest discount and was the cheapest game and it didn't win.

People voted for Shelter because it actually seems interesting.

Bu... bu... but it wasn't the cheapest? It wasn't even the highest discount. And this particular vote was split nearly evenly between the three options.

Regardless, sorry dude :(

Everyone above... I stand corrected. I double checked and sure enough you guys are right the cheapest game did not win and I'm not sure how I mixed that up. So, in this case, I was wrong....... But damnit I wanted sherlock and I'm a selfish grinch!

Exodu5.... It seems as interesting as the plague of similar games playing off the newest favorite survival genre imo. And I'm sorry, but even with it winning I would definitely argue against its victory being because people gave thought between the choices and decided it sounded interesting. But, I do hope everyone that wanted it for whatever reason does enjoy it!

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Aww man I just got out of the theater and I missed the thread transition...... Here's to hoping for some good steam sales today!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I like the giveaways myself. At least then I feel like I can gauge my chances.

So has anyone actually crafted free game loot from the snow globe cards? Loot that didn't suck and could be sold for $$? I've just been selling them off at $.23+ a pop.

I got a DOTA thingie and sold it for $0.44. It's something.

kudoboi

deus ex, skyrim, endless space, payday 2, roller coaster tycoon 3, terraria, trials evo, europa IV, FM14

guncraft, KOF, kindom rise, dungeon defenders

Fuck me.. Those deals
xxEXkBi.gif

so many games I want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so... I have a little giveaway coming guys. just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom