• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockx4

Sort of want Dark Souls for the superior PC version, but it's hard to convince myself to double dip when I have the PS3 version which I haven't played... because it's the inferior version. I'll probably pick it up on the last day if I have leftover money in my steam wallet.

Voted Spelunky.

An-Det

Definitely voting for Spelunky. They're all fantastic options, but Monaco was already a daily so that's a no.

Also, lol at DMC still being $50, so much for that 75% off and no sale on the dlc.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
is Monaco any good?

Monaco is really good. All three of the community choice games are excellent. You don't have to vote Spelunky.

If you're okay spending the rest of your life knowing you were wrong, go ahead and vote for something other than Spelunky.

Haunted

Spelunky and Antichamber both made my 2013 GOTY list, so I can heartily recommend voting/buying either.

Dark Souls price is real tempting, after thinking hard about it, I won't buy as long as it still has GFWL.

I have a couple of questions about the Amazon’s $5 promotional credit from buying digital games. Do you get $5 credit for every unique digital game purchase? And if so, can it all be stacked towards a game purchase from the 2013 Editor's Choice Games?

BearPawB

Banned
Arghhhh
No idea whether to buy it or not.

gone home is awesome. Don't listen to the naysayers. It is an atmospheric game with an amazingly human tale to tell. Worth every second, and $10 is the perfect price.

Spelunky and Antichamber both made my 2013 GOTY list, so I can heartily recommend voting/buying either.

Dark Souls price is real tempting, after thinking hard about it, I won't buy as long as it still has GFWL.

Don't let that stop you from playing the game of last generation. The GFWL is annoying, but it is worth it.

Waku

Also, is Lunnye Devitsy any good? I like exploration games.

1080bkulj.gif

Hubb

Van Hellsing Complete for 6.79, Dark souls 5.99 and who knows maybe Anno once I look up some reviews. Today wasn't so bad.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I have a couple of questions about the Amazon’s $5 promotional credit from buying digital games. Do you get $5 credit for every unique digital game purchase? And if so, can it all be stacked towards a game purchase from the 2013 Editor's Choice Games?

You get multiple credits, but they can only be applied once per purchase. So you'll be able to get $5 off five different games for example, but not $25 off one.

how are there no public reviews for Splelunky yet on Steam? Hasn't that been out for a while now?

Everybody's too busy playing Spelunky to review it.

antitrop

Arghhhh
No idea whether to buy it or not.

I think that Gone Home is one of the most interesting gaming experiences I've had this year, and I found the writing and "plot" to be quite above average. Great atmosphere, a game with something to say, and a nice little Chris Remo soundtrack.

I went into it knowing very little about the story, so it was a wonderful experience piecing everything together as I played through, and constantly having the game subvert my expectations.

Nabs

I want dark souls, but big backlog + gfwl is a no for me

Your backlog doesn't really matter when it comes to DS. Just pick it up and start playing right away! Gotta play it before GFWL goes away for good and gets stuck in the Disney Vault. Wait... what?

Glix

Just a heads up about Spelunky...

It's one of my favorite games of the last few years. I love it so much...

But it makes me hate myself even more than Geo Wars.

Good thing I held off on the Amazon sale for Dark Souls.
Preparing to die...again

I've read some conflicting opinion: how are the kb/m controls? I've read posts on Steam saying people feel comfortable and more precise with kb/m,

Bii

Your backlog doesn't really matter when it comes to DS. Just pick it up and start playing right away! Gotta play it before GFWL goes away for good and gets stuck in the Disney Vault. Wait... what?

So will the game still be playable after GFWL goes away?

Eusis

Oh no! Don't play the ps3 version. It's liquid ass.
For their talk of "the feel of 60 FPS" that really wasn't one of the games to do it. But then I imagine the only way for that to work is to be a slower paced game with a very stable framerate and perhaps a simple art style, like Wind Waker, and even then once you contrast with, say, ALBW it's very clear the difference between 30 and 60. Still, at least I think it's worth considering in a future sale if you DO like DmC some on PS3 given the discount will be deeper in the future probably, whereas Brothers doesn't seem like the kind of game I desperately need to play at 60 FPS.

Kadin

Well this Community Choice definitely made up for that last one. Any of these 3 are loads better than ALL of the previous 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom