• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone try to convince me that Dark Souls won't be an absolutely miserable experience. From what I've heard, the "appeal" of the game is that it's incredibly punishing and difficult, but very satisfying once you succeed. That sounds kinda like purposely giving yourself blue balls so it will feel really good once you get laid.

Alex

60FPS versus 30FPS.

So yes.

But both are mediocre. :/

I thought it was a blast on PC. Combat was perfectly fine and it was just such a fun and pretty game.

Can anyone tell me about Van Helsing? I'm particularly interested since it has pad support and online co-op

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it annoys me greatly that Gone Home isnt 5 :/

rezn0r

I think I will grab a copy of Dark Souls to give away later.

Really guys, is Van Helsing any good? I like Diablo and it looks like a fun Diablo clone.

Haven't touched Van Helsing yet so I can't comment on it, but if you haven't played Path of Excile, which is free, check it out!

MachoSuave

Neo Member
I have ascended passed the "you already own this game" point and have arrived in "you have already gifted this game to that friend" territory. Gotta remember to check these things beforehand.

Voted Spelunky but Moncao gon' win, majority voters just seem to be piling their votes on the biggest % discount. If Steam could stop incentivising voting by next sale that'd be nice.

Dascu

Good thing I held off on the Amazon sale for Dark Souls.
Preparing to die...again

I've read some conflicting opinion: how are the kb/m controls? I've read posts on Steam saying people feel comfortable and more precise with kb/m,

Those people are likely in a mental asylum. Really, use a controller.

I remove my holiday cards from market listings, not realizing its 10. My cards did not get put into my inventory..... Did I just loose my cards?

Nabs

Good thing I held off on the Amazon sale.
Preparing to die...again

I've read some conflicting opinion: how are the kb/m controls? I've head posts on Steam saying people feel comfortable and more precise with kb/m,

It's bad, but there's supposedly a mod that can fix it. You could just plug in your DS3 and set it up for PC.

So will the game still be playable after GFWL goes away?

You can crack the game for offline play, but you'll miss a lot of the cool online stuff. No clue how the GFWL stuff will be handled by From/Namco.

Good thing I held off on the Amazon sale.
Preparing to die...again

I've read some conflicting opinion: how are the kb/m controls? I've head posts on Steam saying people feel comfortable and more precise with kb/m,

They are awful. It's the best game ever but don't even try the kb/m, you will be eaten alive.

Another day when I own everything I want.

Still holding out on:
- maybe if Shadowrun Returns returns
- another copy of CS:GO

I want dark souls, but big backlog + gfwl is a no for me

13518043033592rsm1.jpg

Dark Souls isn't a game you put aside because of your backlog.

It's a game that makes your backlog look like shit.

feel

Oh so now we're cool with voting for the super popular game everyone here should already have.

Someone try to convince me that Dark Souls won't be an absolutely miserable experience. From what I've heard, the "appeal" of the game is that it's incredibly punishing and difficult, but very satisfying once you succeed. That sounds kinda like purposely giving yourself blue balls so it will feel really good once you get laid.
That's part of it but Dark Souls is special for countless other reasons too.

Glix

It's a lot like the original Zelda.

If you just run around swinging your sword you will die fast. But if you play properly, you will only die when you suck.

There is no hand holding. There is no special mark on breakable walls. You can miss stuff.

This all makes the game very rewarding.

mannerbot

Best day of the sale so far, Dark Souls and Spelunky (assuming the community doesn't completely drop the ball). Everyone should own both.

Jonm1010

Banned
Why does the vote have to be Monaco, anti chamber and spelunky?

Spelunky is great and I already own it so I want either Monaco or antechamber though I don't know which. Then on the other hand I feel spelunky deserves my support cause I know the other two will end up at the end of a huge backlog....oh steam, you always like to do this to me. You couldn't just put one of those games up against Bad Rats or something.

Kadin

Really guys, is Van Helsing any good? I like Diablo and it looks like a fun Diablo clone.
I'm trying to decide on this too. I loved D3 and wasn't a huge fan of PoE although I only played during early Beta so... but I need something new now.

Just realized there's a demo... there we go!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Lost Planet 3 for 75% is a good discount, but I'm nowhere near interested in playing that. I want to play Lost Planet 1 first. And then two, maybe... I'll pass.

DmC for 75% is, again, a good price. I'm nowhere near playing it anytime soon, so I'll pass as well.

Van Helsing for 66% pisses me off so much. I'll enforce my 75% rule on this game. Looks like a great game, but this is not a "put in my library for later" price.

Great deals today, specially Dark Souls. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY should buy this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom