• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Really hoping for a big Deadpool and Resident Evil daily tomorrow.

NBFp2Rc.png

I need help in La-Mulana:
Got the feather, and I don't know where to go now. Just going through circles because I need something else. Beaten the bosses in Gate of Guidance, Temple of the Sun, Spring in the Sky.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Merry Belated Christmas, GAF. Enter to win this instead of wasting your money on DmC.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Devil May Cry 4 #2 -- MB-E7A620E667408C5A
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-E03508E7C88ABEA6

t1388095049z1.png

ib2d0p4VDinfuX.gif

feel

Meh, I wouldn't really recommend buying Dark Souls

until you know you didn't win it in this giveaway.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

dkscte5e.jpg

Dark Souls -- MB-89B366E24570B4D9 - Taken by Uga. 24 entrants total.

t1388085239z1.png

phaonaut

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
header_292x136.jpg

Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-F745867F771D95A3 - Taken by fozzy. 7 entrants total.

t1388085194z1.png

Nabs

I have Dark Souls for PS3 (never finished it) but how is it for PC? Any mods that allow you to find friends online? Fixed fps? Will it take advantage of newer hardware?

Yes to all of this. DSFix will fix your framerate and add a million graphical options. DSCFix will make it so you and your friends can connect to one another in seconds.

Man every time I see 'early access' when I click to learn more about a flash sale/community choice it's like kryptonite, I back away immediately without learning anything else. Am I the only one?

I'm guessing you guys haven't ever pre-ordered games before?. This is like the same thing, except you have something to play before the full build.

Turfster

Humble Penny Arcade bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • On the Rain Slick Precipice Episode 1
  • On the Rain Slick Precipice Episode 2
  • Penny Arcade Volume 1
TIER 2: 6$
  • On the Rain Slick Precipice Episode 3
  • On the Rain Slick Precipice Episode 4
  • Penny Arcade Volume 2

Sullichin

That's the joke

I would suggest checking them out, there are some very compelling games on Early Access.

If you don't feel comfortable buying them in an alpha state then add the ones that pique your interest to your wishlist. Remind yourself to check them out later when they are more complete.

I got Blade Symphony on Early Access because it was really cheap a couple of days ago. Not sure if I'll get into this game but I think Early Access is a great model for a fighting/multiplayer action game like this. It's cool to see very specific balance changes in their changelog.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tbqh I felt rogue legacy was harder than dark souls

anyway still asking, what's the consensus between the two Wargame games?

Arthea

Let me tell you that that Long Live the Queen, you haven't voted for is awesome. It has unexpected depth to it's seemingly simple demeanour. In 2 hours I've played, my queenie got bitten by the snake, refused 2 marriages, sentenced to death innocent man, sent a kid right into hands of an assassin and now faces civil war.
I repeat - in 2 hours
I did great, didn't I? (><)

Turfster

HumbleStore Daily deals
  • Kentucky Route Zero 12.49$
  • Ironclad Tactics 6.99$
  • Mirrormoon EP 5.99$
  • 140 1.99$
  • Dustforce 5.99$
  • Ravensword:Shadowlands 9.99$
  • Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams Owlverlord 2.99$
  • DLC Quest 0.75$
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 6.99$

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bro you talk smack about my Dungeon Keeper knockoff (WITH THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTOR) - I will lay you down...

It's the closest thing I'll have to a Dungeon Keeper 3, ever since EA bought Bullfrog and ruined them. :(

Don't get me wrong, it's probably a better game. But early access and a small discount doesn't lend itself to a community choice victory.

The_Monk

YES. Dark Souls is great!

Hard as FUCK, but really rewarding.

Thanks The_Monk!

LOOK EVERYONE!

He was once a lost soul, heading in the wrong way, facing enemies he was not ready for, but THEN he faced some light and orientation and he's now back in full glory.

So proud of such BRAVE KNIGHT. So proud. ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
modbot sucks at choosing what games to highlight with pictures. Anyway, as usual, enjoy:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Men of War Red Tide -- MB-7EC6D8F966AE0500
The Cave -- MB-321156AE30B756B6
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-D63B3DD76BBEE1BC
Legacy of Kain Defiance -- MB-4F80A41AE9F74D84
Wargame: European Escalation -- MB-E20A81650D5AA40B
Rage -- MB-12C49C8E5BCD96C5
X-Com Enemy Unknown -- MB-C05D748BA44A3E5E
Terraria -- MB-1E07C6C0786F86BE
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-35E98C0652BFA012
Alien Shooter 2 -- MB-B6CCA4D743A44D62
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-4183BF8AE57F8E11
Hotline Miami -- MB-969AB00E14839F38
Hacker Evolution Duality #1 -- MB-87AF3B980CE6CA40
The Darkness 2 -- MB-999193693A2827E7
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 -- MB-30D0A5AF776973B2
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-9FD6F187048C67FA
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver -- MB-C7E318424798528A
Papers, Please -- MB-0FA1794D592D4643
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-5D817C5D769C7370

t1388085333z1.png

I snuck in a few keys that werent claimed from that first giveaway, someone take them already lol. Also, a note on the XCOM key, it was in a weird format so if it doesnt work, you probably need to remove the XCOM: part

MrDaravon

How's Tower Wars?

Also I would love to get Dark Souls, but Systemrequirementslab says my shitty laptop won't run it :(. Wish there was a demo or something. I don't play many PC games so I kinda have to use that site since I don't know jack about hardware. I do find it slightly odd that it says my laptop will run Skyrim fine, but CAN'T run D&D Mystaria though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom