• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, Dark Souls. The game look awesome, but I'm scared of playing it.

/coward

Eh don't be. If you can handle games during the 90's and 2000's then it shouldn't be a problem. Honestly some indie games are harder. Most of the time it only "seemed" hard because AAA games tend to be easy that it had the "effect" of making them be normal.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Perhaps The Witcher 2? Similar setting to Skyrim, but third person and a bit more action-y. If it's mostly the dialogue the person enjoyed, then maybe Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.
Dragon Age. Heck, those games made my mom love RPG's. The Fallout's are pretty good, too. And Risen. Even though they're a bit clunky, the exploration is fantastic.

I am back to 100% on Rogue Legacy and I can say that I sincerely hope it stays that way.

The new remix bosses are some of the worst designed "challenge" bosses this side of an Osaka Team Kingdom Hearts title.

masterkajo

I'm looking for a gift for someone who really enjoy Mass Effect and Skyrim. I rarely play those sorts of games so I'm really not sure what's considered good.

I enjoyed Mass Effect but was not very fond of Skyrim. I mainly enjoy games with deep story and/or lore.

For what it's worth, similar games I like:
- The Witcher 1/2
- Dragon Age: Origins + DLC
- Dark Souls

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Anno 2070 shall be mine. Thinking about Dark Souls, played it on PS3 and got my ass handed to me. Not sure if I'll do good enough XD!

Boss Doggie

I am back to 100% on Rogue Legacy and I can say that I sincerely hope it stays that way.

The new remix bosses are some of the worst designed "challenge" bosses this side of an Osaka Team Kingdom Hearts title.

I have only unlocked the eye remix boss and yeah, wtf is that

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is Tages really that bad of DRM? I've yet to install The Chronicles of Riddick I got from that Gamestop deal several months back and now I'm worried to when I get back home.

I'm also recommending Dark Souls because we need more games where you can uppercut clams (in slow motion!)

dragon_punch_clam_by_alo81-d6o92yl.gif

My brief time with the PS3 copy of Dark Souls clearly did not show me enough. Luckily it's bound to be on sale again and I can get it later. I guess I had forgotten Demon's Souls had weapons to punch with, because it simply didn't even occur to me Dark Souls would have any.

HumbleStore Daily deals
  • Dustforce 5.99$

Ah Dustforce, now there is a game I hope people take the time to at least look at the trailer for. Along the lines of Escape Goat, Full bore, for simply premise with a lot to do and discover over time, while sharing a bit of what Super Meat Boy and Demon's Souls/Dark Souls (get good at the mechanics, it's all there from the start) accomplish in feeling.
Plenty of additional level by fans to get as well. http://atlas.dustforce.com/

There is a demo floating out there somewhere on the internet to give you a taste.

Caerith

Congrats! I like the design of the remix bosses, just not how hard they are and how you can't grind past them.

Lautaro

So you're ok with pre-ordering games that aren't finished and you don't even know if they are good, but not buying games that aren't finished that let you play them before release? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I preorder if I have trust in the developer.

My time is scarce enough to not waste it playing a half finished game.

A broken game can ruin the experience, It doesn't matter how much "potential" can have.

If I'm going to be a tester in a game, I expect to be paid.

By the way, what's the consensus between Wargame Airland Battle vs European Escalation?

Airland Battle renders European Escalation completely obsolete. Also, EE is primarily multiplayer-orientated, with some superficial singleplayer skirmish options and a rather flimsy attempt at a campaign. AB has a full dynamic singleplayer campaign, as well as skirmish mode and multiplayer (including 10-player maps for added craziness).

If you just want to try out this type of game then by all means get the cheaper option, but you are probably better off at this stage just getting Airland Battle. It's a great price for a great game. NOTE: you can also currently get it even cheaper at Nuuvem.

BorntoPlay

modbot sucks at choosing what games to highlight with pictures. Anyway, as usual, enjoy:

I snuck in a few keys that werent claimed from that first giveaway, someone take them already lol. Also, a note on the XCOM key, it was in a weird format so if it doesnt work, you probably need to remove the XCOM: part

Why modbot is not updating some giveaway?? is confusing to know what game are already token....:/

All my market listings disappeared and most of my winter cards that were listed have disappeared. I wish I hadn't removed that one listing earlier today. Anybody else had listings go off and not give you anything in return?

Boss Doggie

Man I have so many cards, but can't sell due to the shitty "change of payment" rule.

Airland Battle renders European Escalation completely obsolete. Also, EE is primarily multiplayer-orientated, with some superficial singleplayer skirmish options. AB has a full dynamic singleplayer campaign, as well as skirmish mode and multiplayer (including 10-player maps for added craziness).

If you just want to try out this type of game then by all means get the cheaper option, but you are probably better off at this stage just getting Airland Battle. It's a great price for a great game. NOTE: you can also currently get it even cheaper at Nuuvem.

Thanks! Will get EE then.

topyy

modbot sucks at choosing what games to highlight with pictures. Anyway, as usual, enjoy:

I snuck in a few keys that werent claimed from that first giveaway, someone take them already lol. Also, a note on the XCOM key, it was in a weird format so if it doesnt work, you probably need to remove the XCOM: part

thanks for Wargame: European Escalation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo thats some straight bullshit, I just got that pop up window with todays deals on steam, and it shows Gone Home 75% off, motherfuckers >_<

The idea of Dark Souls not being playable after Microsoft shuts down their DRM in July is a huge turn off. I love replaying my games so the idea of only being able to play it for ~8 months doesn't sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom