• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealMeat

Banned
Anyone familiar with Anno 2070's multiplayer? Co-op? How many people?

You can't co-op through the story, but you can co-op on a skirmish map versus bots. The bots aren't much of a challenge, but I did have fun building a giant economic empire with a friend of mine. I don't think it would be much fun competitive, since it's so focused on economy and you have very few military options. There are no land units, just boats and planes.

Andrefpvs

I'd have to agree with the people who said the story in "Gone Home" is rather overrated - if you isolate the content of the story. In text form, the story wouldn't be anything that hasn't been done before. The way the story is told, however, is brilliant. The atmosphere, the voice acting, the flavor texts, and the design contribute a whole lot. This is how the video game medium can tell a story, and how the point-and-click adventure game can still be relevant. I'd say it's well worth experiencing for $5-7, though a lot of people feel the original $20 is too much for any 2 hour game.

I agree. I bought it at a discounted price and enjoyed it. I can't help but feel that if I had bought it at the original price I would have been somewhat disappointed. I think this game is much better suited as an "impulse buy" game.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm also recommending Dark Souls because we need more games where you can uppercut clams (in slow motion!)

dragon_punch_clam_by_alo81-d6o92yl.gif

Arthea

Is there a way to get a Steam code from an item in your inventory? I have a few games for gifting, but I don't know how to get codes out of them. I tried sending them to my e-mail address, but that didn't seem to work.

You can send gift to your other e-mail and gift a gift link via modbot.
As far as I know you can't extract a key from gift.
Instructions on steam gift giveaways are in Modbot thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Laieon

Warland seems pretty cool, AirLand battle made the other one obsolete, right? How long would it take me to jump in and get the hang of the gameplay? I'm pretty hungry for a decent RTS...

Man every time I see 'early access' when I click to learn more about a flash sale/community choice it's like kryptonite, I back away immediately without learning anything else. Am I the only one?

Derrick01

Banned
Oh shit xcom enemy within for $12 on GMG. So bought at that price.

Gentleman Jack said:
Man every time I see 'early access' when I click to learn more about a flash sale/community choice it's like kryptonite, I back away immediately without learning anything else. Am I the only one?

No I don't buy betas either, I wait for them to be finished officially. Currently waiting for Starbound to be complete.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Er-Are you using Xinput? I'm using a Dual-Shock 3 just fine in KoF '13 with no issues remapping. It's wanting Xinput/360 controllers since that's the "standard" for PC ports now a days.

Steam community is back up, looks like it's just a problem with the game. If you have more than one controller hooked up it just ignores the Windows priority for default controllers and chooses whatever it wants for player 1.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Must...resist...buying Dark Souls....

Some great deals today! Haven't seen Anno any cheaper before. :)

No, I'm like that too. I just don't like buying a game that isn't finished yet, even though it could turn out to be good.

Grief.exe

it was given away for free yesterday

That's the joke

I would suggest checking them out, there are some very compelling games on Early Access.

If you don't feel comfortable buying them in an alpha state then add the ones that pique your interest to your wishlist. Remind yourself to check them out later when they are more complete.

Smash88

Banned
Don't blame the Steam community for not voting for a game that is a thesaurus away from being called "Space Marines." No matter how interesting you think the concept is. And nobody voted against Dungeon Keeper, they voted against War for the Overworld, a game that looks like a dungeon keeper knockoff.

Bro you talk smack about my Dungeon Keeper knockoff (WITH THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTOR) - I will lay you down...

It's the closest thing I'll have to a Dungeon Keeper 3, ever since EA bought Bullfrog and ruined them. :(

_hekk05

Banned

I consider them still. Like I am now with starbound and Dayz, but the only time I jumped was for NS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom