• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got DMC for $10 on GMG yesterday, in case anyone was thinking about getting that. Not sure if it's still that price there.

No, their deals finally changed, I think it's gone.

meh

free is free

(1) Use your words, Cheddahz
(2) free is not free. Not if you're talking about DmC.

Come on Capcom, put the Dmc DLC on sale as well, christ.

It was on sale during the Halloween sale, I think? Or the Thanksgiving sale -- whichever sale I bought the game during... it's odd that it's not now.

Van Helsing DLC on sale? A Christmas miracle. But I don't know if I even want it.

I don't know if I do either, but I think I'm going to bite now before they take it away from me and I can't buy it at a discount later. Damn you, Steam.

Well, DMC was on my watch list, but seeing as PS+ is giving it away for free next month, well....

No.
The PS3 is the worst of the 3 versions.
If you're going to give the game a fair shot, playing it on PC @ 60fps is the most advisable answer.
If you're going to play it on consoles, x360 is the best option, though I wouldn't recommend that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dmc-face-off

They say it's serviceable, but I suppose it depends on how you feel about this: "The crisp controls become temporarily compromised in hectic scenes, delivering an experience which doesn't feel as consistent or enjoyable."

DmC vs. Dark Souls?

How is this even a competition?

I know, right?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Galaxy on Fire 2 is tempting, but the "mobile" origins is making me afraid. What's the deal there in this PC port?

oh nice. I bought that the other day and haven't had a chance to play it. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight

You should. It's pretty fun.

Also unlike some other game it has no memes (the closest it has is merely referencing BELIEVE IT!)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reposting since it was on the bottom of the page

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Men of War Red Tide -- MB-7EC6D8F966AE0500 - Taken by Nzyme32. 2 entrants total.
The Cave -- MB-321156AE30B756B6 - Taken by Benedict. 25 entrants total.
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-D63B3DD76BBEE1BC - Taken by yoshizzle. 33 entrants total.
Legacy of Kain Defiance -- MB-4F80A41AE9F74D84 - Taken by Unicorn. 10 entrants total.
Wargame: European Escalation -- MB-E20A81650D5AA40B - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.
Rage -- MB-12C49C8E5BCD96C5 - Taken by emiranda061288. 22 entrants total.
X-Com Enemy Unknown -- MB-C05D748BA44A3E5E - Taken by Ifrit. 27 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-1E07C6C0786F86BE - Taken by C4rter. 18 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-35E98C0652BFA012 - Taken by _hekk05. 2 entrants total.
Alien Shooter 2 -- MB-B6CCA4D743A44D62 - Taken by UnObtainium17. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-4183BF8AE57F8E11 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 45 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-969AB00E14839F38 - Taken by inm8num2. 6 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality #1 -- MB-87AF3B980CE6CA40 - Taken by Volotaire. 4 entrants total.
The Darkness 2 -- MB-999193693A2827E7 - Taken by Frank the Great. 26 entrants total.
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 -- MB-30D0A5AF776973B2 - Taken by flaxknuckles. 10 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-9FD6F187048C67FA - Taken by provo57. 37 entrants total.
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver -- MB-C7E318424798528A - Taken by MisterRoboto. 7 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-0FA1794D592D4643 - Taken by Declarius. 52 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-5D817C5D769C7370 - Taken by Kadin. 21 entrants total.

t1388085333z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Loved and hated what i've played from Dark Souls on PS3, up to the gargoyles. I liked the game itself, exploration was amazing, but spending a couple dozen hours in a world which feels so... dark, I don't know. Eugh. There wasn't any point of light you could work toward too, either. Game certainly is amazing, though.
Six bucks is a hard bargain.

tuseday

Neo Member
So whats happening with these Capcom games?
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition
  • Lost Planet 2
All have GFWL and no %off.

Darkroronoa

modbot sucks at choosing what games to highlight with pictures. Anyway, as usual, enjoy:

I snuck in a few keys that werent claimed from that first giveaway, someone take them already lol. Also, a note on the XCOM key, it was in a weird format so if it doesnt work, you probably need to remove the XCOM: part

:O This is fantastic.

Opiate

I'm looking for a gift for someone who really enjoy Mass Effect and Skyrim. I rarely play those sorts of games so I'm really not sure what's considered good.

Sullichin

Loved and hated what i've played from Dark Souls on PS3, up to the gargoyles. I liked the game itself, exploration was amazing, but spending a couple dozen hours in a world which feels so... dark, I don't know. Eugh. There wasn't any point of light you could work toward too, either. Game certainly is amazing, though.
Six bucks is a hard bargain.

If you stick with it long enough, you will see sunlight...

And also areas of complete pitch blackness.

Umi88

modbot sucks at choosing what games to highlight with pictures. Anyway, as usual, enjoy:

I snuck in a few keys that werent claimed from that first giveaway, someone take them already lol. Also, a note on the XCOM key, it was in a weird format so if it doesnt work, you probably need to remove the XCOM: part

nice giveaway right there

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Are those penny arcade games worth it for $6 or meh?
meh.

But then again, it's not my kind of humour, and their games are driven by that. Even though I like some of their comics.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-E05F21C7011A65EA

dark-souls-2-cover.jpg

t1388095724z1.png

now plz give me SC2 HD Online for PC sweet namco

Dascu

I'm looking for a gift for someone who really enjoy Mass Effect and Skyrim. I rarely play those sorts of games so I'm really not sure what's considered good.

Perhaps The Witcher 2? Similar setting to Skyrim, but third person and a bit more action-y. If it's mostly the dialogue the person enjoyed, then maybe Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Kadin

Once again Rhaknar, your giveaway is insanely gracious!

Quick query: the credit card that I use on my Steam account is about to expire in January, and I just got the new one in the mail. Will activating the replacement (same CC number, new expiration date) lock me out of the Steam marketplace for a week? If so, I guess I'll wait until the sale is over. Thanks!

Cyrano

Well, Mass Effect Trilogy is on sale for $10 at Amazon, but if you're talking about games that are like those games? Deus Ex HR, Two Worlds II, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are some choices (Deus Ex is more like Mass Effect, Two Worlds II/Amalur are more like Skyrim).

You are playing an alpha, it's obviously not the same thing.

So you're ok with pre-ordering games that aren't finished and you don't even know if they are good, but not buying games that aren't finished that let you play them before release? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Anteater

dragon age origins, your friend might've already played it though, but it has similar dialogue system as mass effect but has a fantasy rpg setting.

Oreoleo

Quick query: the credit card that I use on my Steam account is about to expire in January, and I just got the new one in the mail. Will activating the replacement (same CC number, new expiration date) lock me out of the Steam marketplace for a week? If so, I guess I'll wait until the sale is over. Thanks!

You bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom