• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayzz

Does anyone know the procedure to extract the Steam keys out of games in your inventory? I prefer to give away the keys instead of linking to the Gift email.

you can't extract keys but you can still do giveaway through modbot with email gifts

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
DmC is so optimized for PCs it's scary. Running it at 3600x2025 right now and absolutely no dips below 60 fps.
It's generally impressive how good Capcom's PC ports have been in recent years. Them and SEGA really seem to understand the PC market when it comes to port quality.

dream

If anyone's looking for Bethesda stuff, GameFly has everything for the usual sale prices (75% off), but you can also use GFDEC20 for an extra 20% off of the sale price. I just grabbed Dishonored GOTY for a little over 10 bucks with that code.

Hey, can you guys help me out a little?

I was looking into the Steam version of Crazy Taxi, since I love that game. But I saw a lot of negative comments on the steam forums. Is the port that bad? I know it doesn't has the Offspring OST but besides that is there anything that is a deal-breaker?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Far Cry 3 should run better in DX9 compared to DX11, right?
I swear, can't get a decent framerate out of this game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
DmC was a Ninja Theory game though.
Yes, but I the credits are anything to go by Capcom did help a lot with the port, and their other PC ports are all quite fantastic (Resident Evils, Remember Me, and Lost Planet coming to mind). Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5 were fantastic ports too, GFWL excluded, but they stopped using that in th last couple years thankfully.

Sini

So I bought Guacamelee! today.
First three times I launched it everything was in English like it should, but now it randomly changed to French. How do I change it back to English? Steam language selection tab shows it's in English, but it isn't. Verifying cache doesn't do anything either.

Zimbardo

any comments on Lost Planet 3 being worthy of $12?

i enjoyed part 1 and 2, and was waiting for a good discount on part 3 because i heard it bad mouthed so much. but now i'm seeing people on the steam forums saying its not even worth the $12.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
You can't. People will click on the link, and they'll be added to your friends list and Steam will gift the game to them.
you can't extract keys but you can still do giveaway through modbot with email gifts

TFUOw.gif

any comments on Lost Planet 3 being worthy of $12?

i enjoyed part 1 and 2, and was waiting for a good discount on part 3 because i heard it bad mouthed so much. but now i'm seeing people on the steam forums saying its not even worth the $12.

As somebody who enjoyed 1 and 2 I'd say it's not worth it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
People bought wisely. Great fun game!

So I'm assuming flash deals are random on the dev side? It seemed like you weren't prepared for it

Thanks! They asked what kind of a discount I'd offer if I was chosen for a flash sale (standard thing on everyone's form to fill out for the Steam Sale), so I said 75% off. They didn't contact me so I figured it wasn't going to be chosen. Totally surprised by it.

Which is fine. :)

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Ubisoft doesn't give a shit about optimization.

But Blood Dragon ran so well. ._.
All right, between 45 and 60 at higher settings than what I'm using in FC3, probably because of all the fog.

This one runs like shit, or maybe it's more noticeable, I don't know. :lol

Grief.exe

Sure, Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/ , and can give you a spare I have too. On my phone though so to be honest not 100% sure how trading works on this, but will have a short time with a PC shortly if can't work it out.

Don't think you can trade through the phone app.

Wonder why the DmC dlc isn't on sale, I guess Capcom just don't want my money.

They are happy enough you just purchased the base game.

This is my first Steam sale since i came back to PC, and man, its like a whole new world has opened to me. I've bought 6 games, and it's been under 20 bucks for me. Booting up TF2 to hopefully sell off my Mac Headphones for a few more bucks to funnel my new habit.

-MD-

I must have added State of Decay to my cart yesterday a dozen times but couldn't pull the trigger on it. Now I regret it.

Panda Rin

I know I should wait, but I really want Black Flag. it's $35 right now on Amazon. Would anyone recommend it? I really enjoyed AC2 and Brotherhood, but disliked AC3.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I got Wargame: European Escalation, Dark Souls (I now own it on three platforms) and The Cave to add to Euro Truck and Cook Serve Delicious from earlier. Definitely the best day so far in terms of things I wanted. I was tempted by Van Helsing too but I'll stick with this lot for now (until tomorrow...).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Merry Queenmas friends! I was going to give away some copies of Metal Gear Rising too but Amazon wont cough up the keys already so that will be a post New Year thing.
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live the Queen -- MB-E835512A9373BF35 - Taken by GuardianE. 38 entrants total.

t1388097704z1.png

Ricker

Skipping LP3. Will be cheaper elsewhere sometime. Not that Im in any hurry to buy it anyway...

I think I will wait also,even at 12.50...I whish Revelations was that price...

And you guys that want Spelunky,I am sure you know this by now,and to many it's not a minus but it was for me hehe...the game is very hard,you need patience,skills and all that,I stopped because I suck at it and it pisses me off but I can see it's a great game in it's genre.

Arthea

I noticed that I buy more games outside of steam, even at sales time. Steam really needs some rewards for buying policy or something and better community (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom