• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

These are the left-overs. By the way, FTL was nuked, so it is free again.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD #2 -- MB-6ACBC865A6ED6E2F
Capsized -- MB-DAFEFE7A9742D207
Serious Sam HD -- MB-14A2AFE7708A73EC
Bastion -- MB-FC81D29F4DF7AC73
Offspring Fling -- MB-992A59514C9BC34F
Nightsky -- MB-F5447C807017F9B6 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Serious Sam Double D -- MB-A1A7D9F95520228B
Dwarfs!? -- MB-517BB2C9F226BED7
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-0E5732F1175D3F32
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-63541847BFD5B141
Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 -- MB-B21CBB579C027EBB
Rocketbirds -- MB-386FD714E9D00AED
Avadon -- MB-5D3F10B34D814D00 - Taken by madjoki
Fractal -- MB-A77D988AA1A6765F
Nightsky #2 -- MB-EF5004CAAB3E65F8
Cogs -- MB-42BB9631816B42DA
Snapshot -- MB-6B016A12FA5E1845
Little Inferno #2 -- MB-61EC07C2534CF58C
FTL -- MB-4FC4B1450CF96DB5
Intrusion 2 -- MB-DD5A2973D2A847F8
Titan Quest -- MB-640C14EAD946CD51 - Taken by user237
English Country Tune -- MB-B5FD96101A68F40F
Red Faction -- MB-DB17F5E620F6911D
McPixel -- MB-383BED1097911A90
Eets Munchies -- MB-51F4914E1A38A436 - Taken by darkchewie

Please refer to the original post to see if a game has been already taken in the meantime.

Arthea

I haven't experienced war yet, I got murdered just before I had a chance to!
Stupid Princess
you don't shove an arrow that hit you through your body to try and make it pass through to the other side!

Nothing better than to be having singing lessons followed by decapitating someone and then going back to learn about flattery and dancing.

Can't agree more!
let's not forget about giving death sentence to innocent and freeing guilty in between horse riding and meditating (><)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Big thanks to InfiniteNine for Long Live the Queen! I've always been curious about this one, and have been meaning to pick it up.

Derrick01

Banned
Even if you factor in what you bought elsewhere? I've only bought a few things on Steam so far, but I've also bought a few on Amazon, and a few on GMG - all redeeming on Steam. If you add it all together, still a lot of games bought, and they will all end up being
not
played on Steam.

I miss the fun of the meta game though..

Yeah that's more along the lines of what I meant. Sales are sales, as long as I can redeem on Steam there's no issue there but I miss the excitement that the games would create among the community. That winter one with the random presents sticks out in my mind the most.

Glix

Yeah that's more along the lines of what I meant. Sales are sales, as long as I can redeem on Steam there's no issue there but I miss the excitement that the games would create among the community. That winter one with the random presents sticks out in my mind the most.

Well, we are getting in game items from crafting the sale badge. That is pretty cool, IMO.

tmarques

I bought it, but i've been finally playing Hotline Miami. Glad to hear its not a bad buy, i tend to like those type of sim games where this some interaction to be had.

To be fair, it's more of a rythm game, so yes, it's VERY hands-on. I wonder if by the time you own a 5-star restaurant you're still obliged to flush the toilet and set traps for the rats between clients.

TheYanger

Steam sale always the best time of the year. Just finally finished Human Revolution, fantastic game way better than I expected. No Deus Ex, but damn good nonetheless.

mannerbot

OK so I tried a whole bunch of shit (verify integrity of game cache, multiple restarts, reset tcp/ip, uninstall and reinstall GFWL), and it turns out that what actually fixed it in the end was logging in to the GFWL Marketplace client. Uh, ok. Can't wait for this POS to die off.

dani_dc

Can't agree more!
let's not forget about giving death sentence to innocent and freeing guilty in between horse riding and meditating (><)

It's a shame that the visuals are likely to be offputting to certain people (I know a friend who I suspect would love the mechanics but Ì doubt he'll touch the game just due to it's looks) but I think it actually improves the experience.
The polarization that the game creates with it's visual and it's scenarios makes it all oddly the more satisfying.

An-Det

Has the Steam Friend Activity been down the last while for anyone else? Kinda figured the problems would be sorted out once the L4D2 promotion ended.

Derrick01

Banned
Well, we are getting in game items from crafting the sale badge. That is pretty cool, IMO.

Are they even worth anything though? A few days ago I looked at a couple of the items and they were less than $1 on the market. At the time it would have been a better choice to sell all those cards individually.

The whole card thing in general has kind of lost its luster for me, again because of people collapsing the market. It was great in the beta and even after it went live when cards were 50-80 cents each and I remember getting my first foil on the first day of the summer sale (euro truck 2) and selling it for $20. Probably could have gotten more but I had no idea what to price it at since I had the only one. Ah good times.

Ensirius

Great choice. You won't regret it.

I've heard many good things about this game and only one bad thing from a very trusty Youtube user (named "2Dsux") comment which stated: "lol this game looks boring". So I'm inclined to believe I've made the right choice.

Caerith

I have a problem with doing this on a browser to browser. I keep getting an error, but when I do it directly from Steam it's fine.
Weird. I did all my trading through the browser. Then again, the Steam site is often wonky, so...

uh i don't remember cook serve delicious going on flash sale, must have missed it, what else was on flash sale at the same time?
It was from 2am to 10am today.

Can't agree more!
Now that people are actually playing LLTQ, allow me to brag:
202B0760AD78198350B22A766702F627F5CCE5CF

To be fair, it's more of a rythm game, so yes, it's VERY hands-on. I wonder if by the time you own a 5-star restaurant you're still obliged to flush the toilet and set traps for the rats between clients.

Oh, well, i'm a big guitar hero/rock band player, so i should still be pretty good with it. Seems like the kind of game i'd be really into.

Arthea

It's a shame that the visuals are likely to be offputting to certain people (I know a friend who I suspect would love the mechanics but Ì doubt he'll touch the game just due to it's looks) but I think it actually improves the experience.
The polarization that the game creates with it's visual and it's scenarios makes it all oddly the more satisfying.

Again can't agree more, I really like dissonance between cutesy and cruel reality, it's part of greatness of Recettear too.

Glix

Are they even worth anything though? A few days ago I looked at a couple of the items and they were less than $1 on the market. At the time it would have been a better choice to sell all those cards individually.

The whole card thing in general has kind of lost its luster for me, again because of people collapsing the market. It was great in the beta and even after it went live when cards were 50-80 cents each and I remember getting my first foil on the first day of the summer sale (euro truck 2) and selling it for $20. Probably could have gotten more but I had no idea what to price it at since I had the only one. Ah good times.

The second rarest dota item (scythe of ice) was going for, like, $140 when I checked last night.

chixdiggit

Happy Horror Holidays! The giveaway of mine ends in about four hours, but I thought I might take some time to leave some impressions of the horror titles available here. While a few more people enter into the raffle, here's some brief impressions I have for all of the games.

Nice write ups. I was actually looking for impressions on a couple of those.

Wookieomg

Ironclad tactics looks good. I am just afraid that the multiplayer would be dead.

It would be helpful if people posted the bundle deals in the OT as well as this thread. Otherwise, it is easy to miss one.

Speaking of the Humble Store sales today, I was wondering what people thought about 140? It's 2 bucks on the Humble Store. Looks interesting enough, but wasn't sure if any Gaffers have played it yet.

This talk of Long Live The Queen have me interested, the concept certainly sounds cool. I may wait to see if it drops more then 10%, but i may get it at the end of the sale if it hasn't

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I believe so, but I found that in DX9 mode I would get frequent crashes while fast travelling or entering/exiting areas. So if you CTD, you know what caused it.

Switched to DX9 and I have a smooth 60fps.
No crashes for now, but I have ha strange shadow bug, might be caused by me screwing with the cfg file.

And I won Fable, thanks inm8num2. :lol

Caerith

I'll be there one day! you just wait!
really really doubt that (><)
It took me several, several tries to get there. Best non-spoiler advice I can give you? Pick a theme and stick to it, and also make sure to work on your social/royal skills (composure, court manners, etc). My Elodie was Sansa Stark + Tywin Lannister-- skilled at dance and diplomacy, but also a military and economic genius.

Arthea

This talk of Long Live The Queen have me interested, the concept certainly sounds cool. I may wait to see if it drops more then 10%, but i may get it at the end of the sale if it hasn't

It had nice stealth discount at the developers site, may be still has, somewhere in this thread there are instructions, search might help

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just won Project Freedom from Wookieomg. Thanks a lot dude.

I just took a quick look at the screenshots and it looks like a sweet space shooter, can't wait to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom