• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Merry Queenmas friends! I was going to give away some copies of Metal Gear Rising too but Amazon wont cough up the keys already so that will be a post New Year thing.

Great giveaway, started the game today and I've been enjoying it a lot, if anyone is put off by the asthetics of the game, just try to give it a chance.

Oops. Bought Van Helsing, but since I was on mobile and only half paying attention, got the standard rather than the complete set. Sent a support message to see if they'll refund it, but chances be slim. That'll teach me to not pay attention to what I'm doing.

Arthea

Great giveaway, started the game today and I've been enjoying it a lot, if anyone is put off by the asthetics of the game, just try to give it a chance.

Same, a great little game, I'm about to face civil war which my ignorance brought on a poor queenie. (><)

Arthea

Hm, anyone else having problems signing in to GFWL right now? Tried Dark Souls and SSFIV: AE and neither will connect.

GFWL is just other way to spell a word problems!
sorry I had to (><), but yes, people earlier in this thread were having problems with it.

inky

DmC was a Ninja Theory game though.

Yup, and it was UE3, although Capcom's own engine is pretty damn good as well.

Steam sales have kinda sucked since they got rid of the meta games a few years ago.

That's because people abuse them with alternate accounts, especially when they can get items or free games out of it. I remember back then, people with inventories full of extra games and TF2 crap were always adding me trying to unload their shit.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Y'all, it happened...

930930fd529d7ce7ec465bf0a1bf19b8cecdd78f.png

Level
200-299

967bea767086938bb4fdddc3123b9ca313fa91b7.png

Level
400-499
(I wonder if Steam Card Exchange got the wrong numbers there, actually—it's happened before)

...After the brutal suffocation of Sir Roderick Bodkin (RIP) it switches to
c76162a830c3f42dc39b0ad3973ee7e683d01ea7.png

Level
500-?

KarmaCow

Y'all, it happened...

Level
200-299

Level
400-499
(I wonder if Steam Card Exchange got the wrong numbers there, actually—it's happened before)

Level
500-?

So being extremely generous assuming the current price of 20c per card, it would cost $1k to get to level 500 if you bought cards off the market right now.

Damn.

Grief.exe

They said pre-load would be available on the 3rd when the announced it didn't they?

Very nice. Can you put preloads in different install locations yet.

IE I have Steam installed on my ssd, but want Rising on my Storage drive.

just signed in using bulletstorm fine.

I hope Epic patches out GFWL from Bulletstorm and Gears.

I'll play both at that point.

Y'all, it happened...

Level
200-299

Level
400-499

Level
500-?

Definition of insanity.

That's because people abuse them with alternate accounts, especially when they can get items or free games out of it. I remember back then, people with inventories full of extra games and TF2 crap were always adding me trying to unload their shit.

Yeah, that sucked. But I'd like to see them work around it or innovate, rather than abandon the concept. Integrated cards and badges is still welcome, but I loved the achievement/incentive to play a game I hadn't.

Prelithe

Far Cry 3 should run better in DX9 compared to DX11, right?
I swear, can't get a decent framerate out of this game.

I believe so, but I found that in DX9 mode I would get frequent crashes while fast travelling or entering/exiting areas. So if you CTD, you know what caused it.

dani_dc

Same, a great little game, I'm about to face civil war which my ignorance brought on a poor queenie. (><)

I haven't experienced war yet, I got murdered just before I had a chance to!
Stupid Princess
you don't shove an arrow that hit you through your body to try and make it pass through to the other side!

Nothing better than to be having singing lessons followed by decapitating someone and then going back to learn about flattery and dancing.

Caerith

Anyone trading snow globes (or anything, really), there's an easy way to do it now that doesn't even require having the client open:
  1. Make a link directly to your trading window:
    1. Go to your inventory
    2. Click the blue "Trade Offers" button.
    3. Click the "Who can send me Trade Offers?" link.
    4. Check your inventory privacy settings-- if people can't see your inventory, they can't make you an offer.
    5. Copy the Trade URL from near the bottom. That's your link. (Clicking "Create New URL" makes the old one invalid, useful for if you can't edit or delete wherever you posted it.)
  2. Paste that link either on the Steam Community or the NeoGAF card trading thread.
  3. Someone else clicks that link and makes an offer.
  4. You get a notification of the offer, and can accept or decline it.
All of this is web-based and non-invasive, and you don't have to be friends to trade either.

Just figured this would help those of you trying to finish up your sets.

eyeless

uh i don't remember cook serve delicious going on flash sale, must have missed it, what else was on flash sale at the same time?

Derrick01

Banned

Yup people are horrible and as usual ruin my day any chance they get. Now we're doomed to mediocre sales and no fun side games forever.

Wookieomg

Hope this works. Happy Holidays everyone. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-3A6E9349EE0B12BE - Taken by Majukun
Data Jammers: FastForward -- MB-D962E0B3423EAC3C - Taken by Hop
Ion Assault -- MB-417AA1669B4D73A1 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Project Freedom -- MB-F6A5E23B7DE86EF6 - Taken by Kastrioti
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-D8C8981309857AB5 - Taken by Mikurden

Kanokare

Anyone trading snow globes (or anything, really), there's an easy way to do it now that doesn't even require having the client open:
  1. Make a link directly to your trading window:
    1. Go to your inventory
    2. Click the blue "Trade Offers" button.
    3. Click the "Who can send me Trade Offers?" link.
    4. Check your inventory privacy settings-- if people can't see your inventory, they can't make you an offer.
    5. Copy the Trade URL from near the bottom. That's your link. (Clicking "Create New URL" makes the old one invalid, useful for if you can't edit or delete wherever you posted it.)
  2. Paste that link either on the Steam Community or the NeoGAF card trading thread.
  3. Someone else clicks that link and makes an offer.
  4. You get a notification of the offer, and can accept or decline it.
All of this is web-based and non-invasive, and you don't have to be friends to trade either.

Just figured this would help those of you trying to finish up your sets.

I have a problem with doing this on a browser to browser. I keep getting an error, but when I do it directly from Steam it's fine.

UmYgiqG.png

NoPiece

Steam sales have kinda sucked since they got rid of the meta games a few years ago.

Even if you factor in what you bought elsewhere? I've only bought a few things on Steam so far, but I've also bought a few on Amazon, and a few on GMG - all redeeming on Steam. If you add it all together, still a lot of games bought, and they will all end up being
not
played on Steam.

I miss the fun of the meta game though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom