• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It took me several, several tries to get there. Best non-spoiler advice I can give you? Pick a theme and stick to it, and also make sure to work on your social/royal skills (composure, court manners, etc). My Elodie was Sansa Stark + Tywin Lannister-- skilled at dance and diplomacy, but also a military and economic genius.

I went military, faith and athletics way, athletics saved her life once already, but lack of social skills will kill her, I can see it clearly.
I don't mind trying several times, as I'm enjoying it.

Sarcasm

Having many issue with steam loading pages. I have a comment can't load. I can't load my inventory (I got a booster pack). =S

Miker

About to pull the trigger on this:

qUkCXMX.png

I know, I'm a bastard who should wait for the daily deals, but it's the lowest it's been for both games ($2.50 each), and Capcom has already pulled games off sale (Lost Planet 2, RE5). I don't see these dropping below 75% off, and hell, when has a Capcom game been more than 75% off anyway?

Am I good to go or should I wait?

Wok

Speaking of the Humble Store sales today, I was wondering what people thought about 140? It's 2 bucks on the Humble Store. Looks interesting enough, but wasn't sure if any Gaffers have played it yet.

You might have better luck in the indie thread.

It's the best Autechre music video ever made, super short
though apparently there's a set of "mirror world" stages
and the third boss is a huge dick. I love how everything is connected to the music and each obstacle providing a new layer for you to monitor. For $2 you're getting some pretty great music (if you're into the track that plays during the trailer) and some fun but not particularly difficult platforming.

Done.

mannerbot

I know, I'm a bastard who should wait for the daily deals, but it's the lowest it's been for both games ($2.50 each), and Capcom has already pulled games off sale (Lost Planet 2, RE5). I don't see these dropping below 75% off, and hell, when has a Capcom game been more than 75% off anyway?

You're good.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I think you're probably good. Doubtful it'll go lower.

Caerith

It had nice stealth discount at the developers site, may be still has, somewhere in this thread there are instructions, search might help

It's still up. I lost the post in this thread, but here's a thread on the community forum about it: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251990/discussions/0/648814842861479703/

How long does it take to beat DLC Quest?

If you're being thorough with DLC Quest and its DLC, an hour. There are hidden achievements for speedrunning both campaigns in like 12 minutes each, but you pretty much have to ignore everything to do those.

I went military, faith and athletics way, athletics saved her life once already, but lack of social skills will kill her, I can see it clearly.
I don't mind trying several times, as I'm enjoying it.
Having high enough social skills also lets you find out that... oh, I'll let you figure that one out on your own.
It leads to an interesting marriage.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

It's highly doubtful they will see a better deal with that, especially when it comes to Capcom.
However you should buy them individually rather than a bundle. Save a penny, those add up over time you know.

Quick reminder!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-EE196E8FDA86B156 - Taken by Curious_George. 8 entrants total.
Anomaly Korea -- MB-B335840ABB3D6DDA - Taken by SinineSiil. 15 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-52A731CCD76BE9BD - Taken by ichtyander. 5 entrants total.
Trine 2 -- MB-F89010B1594D84CB - Taken by UnObtainium17. 4 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-B5CF44EA63F309BC - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 11 entrants total.

t1388100899z1.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was thinking about buying Lost Planet 1, any significant single player content I would be missing out on by getting the normal release instead of Colonies?

I think I'm gonna call it quits this sale. Have pretty much everything I wanted, and then some, while only spending around €20. I still want stuff like the Stanley Parable, but I think I have enough games to last me until it goes on sale the next time.

Miker

You're good.

I think you're probably good. Doubtful it'll go lower.

It's highly doubtful they will see a better deal with that, especially when it comes to Capcom.
However you should buy them individually rather than a bundle. Save a penny, those add up over time you know.

Okay, gonna buy it now (separately!), but you guys owe me the difference if they go on sale for cheaper ;)

isny

napkin dispenser
All of the Command and Conquer games for $5 on Amazon. Optimized for Windows 7? Yes please! Wait...I have to use Origin...ack!

Chocobro

Should I open booster packs?
Might be a good idea to check the prices of the individual cards and the price of the booster pack. I personally don't have too much time to do that so I just sell the booster pack instead of opening them.

EDIT: Basically what Divius said.

Dipper145

I was at work and asked my friend what I missed on sale, mentioned that I was hoping van helsing was on sale (as it was the last game I REALLY wanted badly) and turns out it was! And then he bought it for me! So happy!

Time for more charity!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Bard's Tale -- MB-096ADD35A68C3CB5
Solar 2 -- MB-7D01FB2D6F2D83AA

t1388111160z1.png

daveo42

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hotline Miami -- MB-C42FB0702228410C
Deus Ex: Human Evolution Director's Cut -- MB-95214494AD6A45AC
Gone Home -- MB-6C6DE7D8E05FA525
The Cave -- MB-86BB0A4E28DD1769
Bastion -- MB-6A56521102D017E5

t1388111250z1.png

My first giveaway. Good luck guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom