• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the Humble Store sales today, I was wondering what people thought about 140? It's 2 bucks on the Humble Store. Looks interesting enough, but wasn't sure if any Gaffers have played it yet.
I just bought it, and I may end up playing it tonight. The screenshots on the Steam store page remind me of Thomas Was Alone, and that's a GOOD thing in my book.

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
I want Stanley Parable but I'm not sure if has the potential to drop further in price before January 2nd. Any ideas on whether it's at its lowest now or is it worth holding out a few more days?

Arthea

I lost war, but at least Elodie didn't die, not bad for the first time!

irJY73gJeqVQg.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want Stanley Parable but I'm not sure if has the potential to drop further in price before January 2nd. Any ideas on whether it's at its lowest now or is it worth holding out a few more days?

it was a daily for 40% off, so at best it will be 40% in a flash sale again, no guarantees tho

C4rter

There was a daily before if I remember correctly, just wait I guess.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Thinking about picking up MirrorMoon EP from the Humble store... I think I recall it being up for a community vote on Steam and losing. Any chance it comes back on Steam at a greater discount during the remainder of the sale?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
So how long do these sales usually last? Holding off on a few buys just incase they show.

backdrifter

Neo Member
How is Unepic, GAF? I've heard good things, but the metacritic score is shaky.

It's decent. Difficult, quite frustrating at times, but easy to dip into for half an hour here and there. Sometimes tricky to understand where to go next though.

I've stuck a few hours into it and plan a few more very soon, so certainly extracting some enjoyment!

Haunted

should have followed the advice on gaf and avoided Trails. Bad port and uplay can be a complete arse to use. such a shame
On top of all the usual shit issues with uplay, it also uses the system locale to automatically select the language, no matter what options you have selected in Steam or Uplay.

Fucking atrocious.

Miker

Just did a thread search for Bionic Commando: Wifearmed, and apparently the multiplayer is pretty great, but the servers were shut down. Nabs posted that Evolve works well in setting up multiplayer, so maybe Steam GAF could get some games going. I don't have access to my PC until after the new year though.

Link Man

Banned

Well, I tried the demo on Desura just now. Game was unplayable with a 360 controller, as the directions were all messed up. Like up was down on the d-pad (and vice versa), while on the left stick up was left, down was right, right was down and left was up. Seems really bad, though I don't know if it's fixed in the full Steam version.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
All right this part in F.E.A.R. 2 Origins had me busting up in laughter taking me away from the freaky atmosphere:

"You're like free pizza at an anime convention....She can smell you.. And she wants to consume you."

Solid FPS so far, I'm liking it. I wanted to give System Shock 2 a shot last night but I really had to hold myself back. One game at a time....one game at a time....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I tried the demo on Desura just now. Game was unplayable with a 360 controller, as the directions were all messed up. Like up was down on the d-pad (and vice versa), while on the left stick up was left, down was right, right was down and left was up. Seems really bad, though I don't know if it's fixed in the full Steam version.

This can happen if you're using the wireless controller with a game that's only set up to support the wired one (or vice-versa) as they're technically two different devices.

Seems solid to me. Sorta metroidvania with heavy RPG elements... like having to equip weapons, limited ammo for ranged weapons, requiring a light source to see, etc. Kinda tough at spots, but mostly fair.

I only put an hour or so in before I let it idle to finish card collection.
I'll definitely play more.

Works fine for me with the Steam version.

Woot! Thanks! May you be covered in Metal God love.

Brutal_Victory_Tribute.png

DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOON!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Bit Trip Runner 2 is the best game I've ever played in my life.
Reading stuff like this warms my cold dead heart. The Bit.Trip franchise is one of the best things that happened in recent years gaming wise, in my humble and uninformed opinion.

Especially Flux. There's no such thing as that game, not even Beat. It even managed to surpass Runner, which until then was the one I loved the most. Whatever it is that Gaijin Games release next I'll buy day one, no questions asked. Even if it is a Rapelay clone or F.E.A.R. 4.

Link Man

Banned
This can happen if you're using the wireless controller with a game that's only set up to support the wired one (or vice-versa) as they're technically, as far as xinput is concerned, two different devices.

I was using a wired controller. And it works fine in other xinput games. In fact, I've never encountered this issue before.

Even messing with the control options in the menu did nothing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was using a wired controller. And it works fine in other xinput games. In fact, I've never encountered this issue before.

Even messing with the control options in the menu did nothing.

It's weird but it happens. The first two AssCreed games lack proper support for the wireless controller, for example, and you need to download a fix for it to function correctly. I want to say I'm surprised that Ubi didn't simply fix the issue with a patch, but I'm not.

Kanokare

Has Far Cry 3 been on sale yet? I see it's currently 7.50 on Amazon. Wanted to buy 2 of them for a friend and his GF. Also hoping for 30 dollar Ass Creed IV. Gaben pls!

Grief.exe

Seems solid to me. Sorta metroidvania with heavy RPG elements... like having to equip weapons, limited ammo for ranged weapons, requiring a light source to see, etc. Kinda tough at spots, but mostly fair.

I only put an hour or so in before I let it idle to finish card collection.
I'll definitely play more.

Makes unepic sound very interesting.

Curious_George

Neo Member

I tried the demo on the developer's site with my wired 360 pad and it just asked me to set my buttons upon first start and then worked fine since.

The game seems pretty good mechanically. The writing and humor, however, has been a bit of a turn off. I think I'm still on the fence with this one.

Also, does anyone know if if Dustforce works fine with a controller? I read conflicting reports about controller support in that game. Thinking of picking it up on humble since it seems like it may not get a steam sale, but the price isn't at my insta-buy level if it has issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom