• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My credit card company just put a hold on my card today due to "too many suspicious small payments..."

...I told them it was just the Steam Sale.

It's fixed now!

Are you serious?

Yeah. I bought about 7-8 games of the smaller games on sale (all about €1.99 to €4.99), and it must have set of an alarm for them.

I am not annoyed, I am actually happy they were that alert to notice possible weird activity - especially around Christmas!

Coreda

Trying to post a review of a game I completed in Offline mode, and the site's telling me I have 0 minutes on record when trying to post.

When will the game sync to Steam's servers after I've gone back to Online mode?

Ketch

Has anyone played Dust an Elysian tale? I've got like $10 in steam wallet and I'm considering picking it up. Any impressions? How long is it? I'm expecting a super metroidy hack slash that I can actually get all the way through before holiday break is up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone played the DC Scrubblenauts game? I noticed it's hidden away on GMG 66% off plus the voucher (plus my credit) I can get it for like 5 euros. I absolutely loved unlimited (maybe because it was my first) so the idea if more of that just with DC heroes sounds awesome, any reason not to get it (like different story structure or something?)

crozier

I love cheap games as much as the next guy, but Valve's HORRIBLE customer-service is seriously making me question whether I want to continue supporting the Wal-Mart of videogames.

For over three weeks now I've been trying to get a refund for X-Rebirth, and customer service either flat out lies to me or ignores me altogether. For over a week I've asked to speak with a manager and the ticket simply gets closed. Over and over and over. Checked the 'BBB' and they've got an 'F' ranking. Not...surprising. This is easily the worst (no exaggeration) customer service experience I've ever had.

dani_dc

Yeah. I bought about 7-8 games of the smaller games on sale (all about €1.99 to €4.99), and it must have set of an alarm for them.

I am not annoyed, I am actually happy they were that alert to notice possible weird activity - especially around Christmas!

That's why I usually put 10-20 euros on my steam wallet, just enough to cover the small purchases.

I love cheap games as much as the next guy, but Valve's HORRIBLE customer-service is seriously making me question whether I want to continue supporting the Wal-Mart of videogames.

For over three weeks now I've been trying to get a refund for X-Rebirth, and customer service either flat out lies to me or ignores me altogether. For over a week I've asked to speak with a manager and the ticket simply gets closed. Over and over and over. Checked the 'BBB' and they've got an 'F' ranking. Not...surprising. This is easily the worst (no exaggeration) customer service experience I've ever had.

Thats been my biggest complaint with Valve. They have Zero customer service.

Wookieomg

Hey guys, is there a way to send gifts from Humble these days? I noticed earlier that the Gift icon to the right of Steam redemption is no longer there. But I do see that you can opt to be sent a gift code before purchasing... Checked the Modbot giveaway instructions page to no avail.

I'm glad I've never had to deal with their CS.

Shurayuki

I lost war, but at least Elodie didn't die, not bad for the first time!

Hah gratz. I murdered her like half a dozen times until she became queen for the first time. Long Live the Queen!

This is actually my favorite pick-up of the sale so far. Completely in love with the game.

Has anyone played Dust an Elysian tale? I've got like $10 in steam wallet and I'm considering picking it up. Any impressions? How long is it? I'm expecting a super metroidy hack slash that I can actually get all the way through before holiday break is up.

According to Steam I played it for 22 hours, some of the time idling for cards because they were add after I finished the game. The combat is very fluid as is the characters animation, some people don't like the artstyle but it doesn't bother me, also play on hard because normal can be a little to easy.

oipic

An unashamedly public thank you to gentleman GAFfer Toki767 for randomly, out-of-the-blue, gifting me a game from my wishlist - it's the first time I've had this happen, and it was a very pleasant and much-appreciated surprise. Thanks mate!

SteamGAF <3

Grief.exe

Valve is behind the curve in terms of refunds, hopefully GOG, Origin, etc cause them to catch up.

styl3s

Been buying lots of random stuff. I think I bought the first Fable game and Cook Serve Delicious. I forget the others right now.
First Fable game is the only Fable game worth playing and it's awesome.

I'm glad nothing super interesting to me has went on sale yet because it gave me time to get all the christmas gift cards and cash in on a bunch of steam gift cards. Y'all mother truckers better of voted for Spelunky.

Caerith

Yeah, it was made by Noogy (of NeoGAF fame). Took me about 21 hours to 100% it (missing only two achievements that I'll pick up when I play it on Hardcore someday). It's pretty Metroidy in that there are various areas you can't reach until you have certain keys or abilities. It's a 2D action platformer with a pretty solid combat system (you can combo like a mofo) and beautiful art and animations and great music and a good story that deals with surprisingly dark subjects.

I bought it at launch and have no regrets. It's in my Top 3 Steam Games for 2013.

The other two of the Top 3 (Rogue Legacy and Long Live the Queen) were also bought at launch with no regrets.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
None. They quite literally just ignore you. Is that even legal?
I think the reason they have such bad Q&A is because of how selective they are at Valve with who they hire, and the free work range system they have set-up. People work what they want to work, and hired usually partially for ambition, and as such there probably aren't many people enthusiastic to handle customer service.

That said, why did you want a refund? Unless the game is a literal scam, you probably won't by their terms of service.

TheBear

Quick question about Modbot. Does it ever send a PM acknowledging your submission? How do you know if it has been submitted properly?

Also, anyone up for trading some cards? I have doubles of #5 & #9 and I need #2, #3, #4, #6 & #7

Add me: Bigjimmystyle85

hohoXD123

Hey guys, is there a way to send gifts from Humble these days? I noticed earlier that the Gift icon to the right of Steam redemption is no longer there. But I do see that you can opt to be sent a gift code before purchasing... Checked the Modbot giveaway instructions page to no avail.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91136719&postcount=5

Quick question about Modbot. Does it ever send a PM acknowledging your submission? How do you know if it has been submitted properly?

Also, anyone up for trading some cards? I have doubles of #5 & #9 and I need #2, #3, #4, #6 & #7

Add me: Bigjimmystyle85

You mean when you're creating it or when you're entering for someone else's giveaway? For the former you get a PM back from modbot which you're meant to post in the thread, for the latter you don't know unless if you win, though it's pretty straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom