• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have 7/10 snow globes. I shouldn't expect more than that right? I mean, I will have to lure the rest of them from the marketplace, cause I will get repeated ones, right?
You'll get repeat cards (I ended up getting about four #7s myself) but that doesn't mean you can't trade the duplicates for the ones you need instead of having to spend actual money.

Go here and browse through the topics to see if you can't make a trade.

Arthea

Has anyone played Dust an Elysian tale? I've got like $10 in steam wallet and I'm considering picking it up. Any impressions? How long is it? I'm expecting a super metroidy hack slash that I can actually get all the way through before holiday break is up.
It's really a nice game, has adorable combat, gameplay is complex enough, and has place in my top 5 GOTY this year. I yet have to finish it, but what I played was surprisingly good.

Hah gratz. I murdered her like half a dozen times until she became queen for the first time. Long Live the Queen!

This is actually my favorite pick-up of the sale so far. Completely in love with the game.

My second time she won the war and died of poisoning immediately after... Damn chocolate, damn it!
Can't stop playing it (><)

I know there's way more games with cards now, but does anyone else miss how it seemed like there were tons of games having cards added to them during the summer sale?

Dambrosi

Banned
I finally purchased Dark Souls having watched a hell of a lot of Jeff Green's stream. I'm having major problems getting it to recognise my password for whatever reason though (it is correct, I can login to my hotmail account). Grabbing another GFWL game to see if its just Dark Souls playing up.
You need the latest GFWL client. If you have an older version, uninstall it and install the new one. Login should work after that.

Don't forget to mod the game with DSFix, btw. The way Dark Souls was meant to be ported.

Ketch

Thanks for the Dust recommends. And if it was made by a GAF'er then I won't even wait for it to be discounted further in a daily or flash deal... picking it up now.

Asparagus

Do you have your Microsoft accounts (hotmail, outlook, XBL, etc) set to have a two-step verification? Cause they made me do all this shit where I have to use uniquely generated passwords to login to both my 360 and GFWL. I literally just did this again yesterday when I installed Fallout 3 GOTY.

What a pain in the fucking arse, they could have at least said something in the bloody error message! Got an email sent to my Gmail account saying I've tried to connect to my account using my windows phone and need to set up an app password...

Anyway I've sorted it out now, thanks for the help mate, I really appreciate it!

Caerith

My second time she won the war and died of poisoning immediately after... Damn chocolate, damn it!
When the chocolates arrived on my winning playthrough, I watched check after check fail and thought "oh no." But then she made some kind of
court manners
check,
thought "It's really uppity of some merchant company I've never dealt with to be sending me gifts directly," and was put in a bad mood
and didn't feel like eating them.

The_Monk

I'm back fellow GAFfers, went for dinner and saw 47 Ronin in the Cinema. After paying, the couple before me left his card on the balcony. I rushed them with the card and manage to give back to them. They were happy so was I. Karma. Yay! :)

---

On topic, I see a lot of people playing Dark Souls for the first time, this is amazing. If there's anyone who lack hope in beating the game, then let me tell you all that I'm not a good player in most demanding games but I managed to finish Dark Souls. The feel of reward is amazing and I can safely say that, seeing those final credits rolling gave me the best satisfaction in a game for a long, long time. Also, amazing soundtrack.

daveo42

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-C42FB0702228410C
Deus Ex: Human Evolution Director's Cut -- MB-95214494AD6A45AC
Gone Home -- MB-6C6DE7D8E05FA525
The Cave -- MB-86BB0A4E28DD1769
Bastion -- MB-6A56521102D017E5

t1388111250z1.png

Posting again if anyone's missed it.

mannerbot

I finally purchased Dark Souls having watched a hell of a lot of Jeff Green's stream. I'm having major problems getting it to recognise my password for whatever reason though (it is correct, I can login to my hotmail account). Grabbing another GFWL game to see if its just Dark Souls playing up.

I was having a wonky time with GFWL earlier (had issues with multiple games), solution for me was to log in to the GFWL marketplace client and then the games went back to working ok. It sounds like your issue is different though as it's just a problem with authentication? For me, GFWL showed that it wasn't recognizing an Internet connection.

Annubis

When the chocolates arrived on my winning playthrough, I watched check after check fail and thought "oh no." But then she made some kind of
court manners
check,
thought "It's really uppity of some merchant company I've never dealt with to be sending me gifts directly," and was put in a bad mood

I survive the chocolate by raising my dog skill.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I know there's way more games with cards now, but does anyone else miss how it seemed like there were tons of games having cards added to them during the summer sale?
It was kind of nice when cards were important enough to merit actual announcements and those announcements were reliable, yeah.
Now you get stuff like AVGN Adventures where the game was supposed to get cards in November, but said cards seem to have gone MIA. The same thing happened to Sequence, though after Feep pestered Valve they got on it.

I'd be happy with a weekly or even biweekly list of which games have gotten cards added post-release if they didn't launch with 'em, but...whatever. Steam Card Exchange works.

made the mistake of counting my backlog...51 games. I'm sure that's nothing compared to some of you guys but damn, thats like 1/3 of my games lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
made the mistake of counting my backlog...51 games. I'm sure that's nothing compared to some of you guys but damn, thats like 1/3 of my games lol

Only 51? You're doing pretty good.

Even by percentage (66% not in backlog) you're doing great.

Arthea

court manners
check,

gotta work on court manners, I worked on them, but obviously not enough

I like how even small differences in skills and choices make so many differences in events.

How is Endless space?

good, if you want Gal Civ, better play Gal Civ, but if you don't mind something little different and simpler, it's your game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
7u8BRNf.png

Aaand done. The fully upgraded Galleon Mortar ended up being my favorite weapon, that thing is a beast in the 10 idols Who Knows Where challenges.

What a damn fine game this is, really hits all the right notes for me. I played the iOS port on the iPad some time ago and while it's a great port/adaptation it doesn't compare to the heights the original version of the game achieves.

feel

I try to avoid buying directly from Steam Store as much as possible because of their dreadful Customer Service. If something goes wrong you're simply fucked, or at the very least in for a huuuge hassle with the 17 hours later passive-aggresive non-resolving email replies going for an entire week until shit gets resolved against their will. Amazon and Humble bend over backwards for you and get things resolved satisfactory in minutes (in my experience) so I try to get most keys from them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm back fellow GAFfers, went for dinner and saw 47 Ronin in the Cinema. After paying, the couple before me left his card on the balcony. I rushed them with the card and manage to give back to them. They were happy so was I. Karma. Yay! :)

---

On topic, I see a lot of people playing Dark Souls for the first time, this is amazing. If there's anyone who lack hope in beating the game, then let me tell you all that I'm not a good player in most demanding games but I managed to finish Dark Souls. The feel of reward is amazing and I can safely say that, seeing those final credits rolling gave me the best satisfaction in a game for a long, long time. Also, amazing soundtrack.
You're amazing, and it's also amazing that you managed to beat that game. I gave up twice, and the last time was probably for good.

I just suck at it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You're amazing, and it's also amazing that you managed to beat that game. I gave up twice, and the last time was probably for good.

I just suck at it.

You only currently suck. It's a game you get better the more you play.

You've gotta adapt to the situations the enemies put you in.

Arthea

Just noticed that none of achievements of my second playthrough of Queen registered, I wonder is it steam trying to die, or achievements are glitched?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would kill for a backlog of 50.

I've got to be over 1000 at this point.

I'm actually really glad that my backlog is as large as it is. It means if I'm feeling bored, I can fire up a game I've never played before and play it for a while. And I could do that at least once a day, every day, for the next few years.

-MD-

I try to avoid buying directly from Steam Store as much as possible because of their dreadful Customer Service. If something goes wrong you're simply fucked, or at the very least in for a huuuge hassle with the 17 hours later passive-aggresive non-resolving email replies going for an entire week until shit gets resolved against their will. Amazon and Humble bend over backwards for you and get things resolved satisfactory in minutes (in my experience) so I try to get most keys from them.

Amazon's customer service is unbelievable. It's so damn good.

Arthea

I'm actually really glad that my backlog is as large as it is. It means if I'm feeling bored, I can fire up a game I've never played before and play it for a while. And I could do that at least every day for the next few years.

That's what I do, but that doesn't go well with finishing games. I had bad times before but with steam, it gotten even worse, I have 200 unfinished games most likely at this moment (><)

Wookieomg

Here we go... Let me know if it works! Bigger giveaway coming later. This was a test run. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-A79FB63D9C4F01BA - Taken by Shadowplay1979
Gemini Rue -- MB-5B454C1B63F105C2 - Taken by Cyberquake
Jack Lumber -- MB-394EB77AFD7DD1A4 - Taken by nexen
Little Inferno -- MB-13484FA81F8E658B - Taken by UnObtainium17

Shurayuki

My second time she won the war and died of poisoning immediately after...
Damn chocolate, damn it!

Psh spoilers, others might not know not to
eat the chocolate
(if they get the choice, I didn't the first time)^^
Was my first death, it goes well with this being the christmas time I guess. And queendom seemed so close after winning the war..

Leading princesses into their death has never felt this good. Buy Long Live the Queen for 5$y'all. (Make it a flash at least Lord Gabe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom