• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

wtf we are reviewing saorice romulan movies in the steam thread now....?

Game over man.

Relevant:
I kind of wish I picked up cook serve delicious and KOF but alas budget responsibility won over these impulse buys.

oipic

You have to be kidding me. Steam actually doesn't count offline playtime? I just completed a game offline and now I can't review it. Gah.

Yep, this, and the fact that most games don't trigger achievements when offline, is a bit of a shame - some of my most-played games (CivV, CKII) look like they've barely been touched, but I've pumped countless hours into them offline on my laptop.

Coreda

Yep, this, and the fact that most games don't trigger achievements when offline, is a bit of a shame - some of my most-played games (CivV, CKII) look like they've barely been touched, but I've pumped countless hours into them offline on my laptop.

I think I read that it's possible for devs to override this per-game, but not sure if that's accurate. Would be beneficial for single-player only games.

Arthea

Yeah I refuse
to marry
, but since there's achievements/story I'll get to it eventually.

Speaking of them, the Hire a Spy and the ones for dying don't seem to register on steam for me.

Also too bad the dark sketch background which looks kinda neat is so expensive (3.60€). Lucky fella who grabbed it for 37cent yesterday (!!!), mistyped price?

(/^o^)/ Hope you enjoy it. It's the Dark Souls of Princess Maker games :lol: (it's not actually hard, but you do die a lot)
I'll have to do it in eventually too, but not soon.

I think it's not a game's fault, because my playtime has not changed too, as if I played offline. I was online of course.

Good advice. I played about 5 hours of Bleed today (during a sale even!), it's incredibly fun. Once I took a little time to get used to the default controls instead of changing them to something more familiar, it started clicking.

Bleed is the closest I know of.

I'm going solely of memory here, but I think intrusion 2 and shoot many robots.

Shame the xbl alien hominid never made it to steam.

I'm gonna be bummed when this sale is over. These threads are super fun even if I don't pick up many new games.

I'd never seen Blood of the Werewolf before, but it looks interesting to me. Anyone here play it?

Seemed like an OK platformer from what I played.

Would still be entered, would just update that post as opposed to the first one.

Now I get it.
:)

Stump your wishlist sucks >_<

Makes me want to go look.

nacimento

Yeah, it sucks. I almost finished back o the future while is was in the hospital for 2 days some months ago and supposedly I played practically nothing.

FauX

I've been playing KOF since the flash deals and I couldn't notice that the characters seems so small and no HD, in comparison with the backgrounds. I love KOF since '94 but I just felt annoyed by that.

Caerith

You mean by accepting marriage? NO WAY! she's 15, for Odin's sake (><)
That threat doesn't even have to come up. I'm going to work backwards from where I think you are and tell you why it happened:
You're at the war against one of the nobles who is rebelling against you.
She's mad at you because a) you made a poor choice with regards to Adair, whose father died and/or b) you didn't go to the birthday party.
You didn't go to the birthday party because last time you went you shoved an arrow into your guts.

Now, you can prevent #1 in a number of ways, but most directly is to address #2 better.
For a), the A Timely Word achievement gives you the background you need to keep everyone happy. For b) maybe if you wrote a nicer birthday card for when you didn't attend the party, nobody would be mad at you.
Or you can just address #3 better by
either thwarting the assassination attempt or flat out preventing it. This is hard, however, so better just to write a nice card.

Gazoinks

Man, Gone Home was really good. Short, but it probably wouldn't have benefited from being much longer. One of the more touching games I've played. Obviously not for everyone, though.

Shurayuki

What game is this?

Long Live the Queen, hit up Dusk Golem's giveaway and/or get it from Hanako directly for 5$ since it lost the community vote.

I'll have to do it in eventually too, but not soon.

I think it's not a game's fault, because my playtime has not changed too, as if I played offline. I was online of course.

Hmm, a good excuse to go and kill a princess a few more times. I think I played long before steams little hiccup so that shouldn't have been the problem.

I'm being monitored by the police now am I right?

Colin.

I voted for Spelunky and it actually won, that has been uncommon with my choices. Glad it did, as both Monaco and Anti-Chamber have had discounts already in this sale.

denx

Looking at Stumpokapow's wishlist...

HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THE MOVIES WAS ON STEAM

OMGOMGOMGOMG

edit: the store link sends me back to the main store page, noooooooooooooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom