• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry for being an asshole, but what's the purpose of this?

It's not being an asshole if it's a genuine question.

Some people don't want to pay real substantial money to beta test a game.

They'd rather wait for the finished product.

This helps those people differentiate Early Access games from more typical fully completed games.

Get Spelunky if you're even the slightest bit interested in it, great price for what is one of the best games released on Steam this year. I don't even think it qualifies as "just another 2D indie rogue-like", it's on a level of its own just in terms of pure mechanical brilliance. Very accessible, but completely devious in design and infinitely replayable.

Question about Dark Souls. Am I remembering right that people have hacked it so you can easily find and join friends games now? I've already beaten it, but my brother was thinking about buying it if we could play through it together.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
i feel underwhelmed by hd spelunky's difficulty, would've liked 3-4 more levels or so, and online multiplayer.

nice graphics and music though, -19 danny devitos out of prince's pancakes.

When you ask for 3-4 more levels, how many levels do you play through? The secret levels add a pretty decent amount of difficulty I'd say, and just getting to the final boss makes the earlier game a bit more difficult. It's not the hardest game ever made, but it's definitely not easy.

daveo42

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-C42FB0702228410C - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total. - Taken by ussjtrunks. 13 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Evolution Director's Cut -- MB-95214494AD6A45AC - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total. - Taken by GaussTek. 56 entrants total.
Gone Home -- MB-6C6DE7D8E05FA525 - Taken by KuroNeeko. 80 entrants total.
The Cave -- MB-86BB0A4E28DD1769 - Taken by Faabulous. 14 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-6A56521102D017E5 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 1 entrants total.

t1388111250z1.png

One last post for any that may have missed. Good luck all!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry for being an asshole, but what's the purpose of this?

Currently, there isn't a way to distinguish an "Early Access" game from a "Non-Early Access" game in Steam in an at-a-glance fashion. For example, during the sale, if something goes on sale that is early access, you have to mouse over the object, wait for the popup, and read the "Genre" tag. Or you can click on the game and read it's app page. In search results, Early Access games are mixed in with non-Early Access games, etc.

This way, there is a consistent way of seeing these, similar to what Valve already does for DLC (which has a purple banner).

Jshackles, friend me so I can gift the fuck out of you.
PM me your Steam name, or friend me (I'm not hard to find).

Coldsun

Banned
An hour until my Happy Horror Holiday giveaway is up. Really curious to see who wins and how many entrants we'll have, but very happy myself to spread some horrific joy~

Wow, so many titles that I actually want. Incredible. How do I sign up for your fanclub? :D

BraXzy

Annnd Spelunky won

It's a good job too because I just realised I don't own it yet. I swear I did too.

God these sales aren't helping my crippling backlog at all.

I've resorted to making a spreadsheet, that's when you know you have problems.

Question about Dark Souls. Am I remembering right that people have hacked it so you can easily find and join friends games now? I've already beaten it, but my brother was thinking about buying it if we could play through it together.

Yes. Though it goes against the very design of the game. :p

DSCfix.

Nito demands :3

In other news back from 47 Ronin getting ready to vote what gaf wants. Might finish Remember Me today and just chill overall.

you have good taste my friend im friendin ya
also fyi ive played the entire FATE series
its literally a poor mans Torchlight
^lol hell no just have enough money left to buy whatever didnt become a flash/daily/community choice that you wanted
edit: i have no idea what your id is

KuroNeeko

Spleunky is half-priced, but still feels too expensive. If it was $5 though... :/

Don't hate me, I am just a product of great Steam sales.

Long Live the Queen, hit up Dusk Golem's giveaway and/or get it from Hanako directly for 5$ since it lost the community vote.

Hmm, a good excuse to go and kill a princess a few more times. I think I played long before steams little hiccup so that shouldn't have been the problem.

I'm being monitored by the police now am I right?

If you buy directly from the developer, will you also receive a steam key?

Turfster

Flash
  • Star Wars Battlefront II 50% off
  • Galactic Civilizations II 50% off
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger 66% off
  • Test Drive Unlimited 2 75% off
Community votes
  • Dream 50% off
  • Master Reboot 33% off
  • Deadly Premonition 60% off

Volimar

So, I actually won 2 copies of Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, so I'm regifting (with permission) the copy I won from microtubule. Quote to reveal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Disney opting to have random Star Wars games as featured deals is hilarious. Never mind discounting the pack, let's just draw names from a hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom