• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Wow, Spelunky won. Here I was getting read to for an "I told you so" when Monaco won. The first legitimately good vote by the community in awhile. It's a decent little game, but does have a bit of a learning curve to it.

Caerith

Thanks, I'm all for chasing the dragon

XS5LK.gif

I attended bday party and left alive last time, I may made poor choice before that, will try to change that next time.

Well, there are a lot of factors that determine people's attitudes toward you. It's likely that in preventing anyone being mad at what I did differently from you, I also had skills raised that improved their opinions of me at earlier points in the story.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
on a scale of- Sword of the Stars: the Pit, to Rogue legacy, where does Spelunky fall

I don't even know what this scale is measuring. How Rogue-like it is? There's no carryover at all from run to run. The only things you can unlock are shortcuts to start later in the game (which aren't as helpful as it sounds) and character skins. It's a platformer though and most of the challenge comes from the platforming and from learning what level dangers and enemies are capable of.

And the shopkeepers. But they have things I need and that just will not do.

As far as quality, Spelunky might be my favorite game ever made. It's certainly near the top.

XS5LK.gif

Well, there are a lot of factors that determine people's attitudes toward you. It's likely that in preventing anyone being mad at what I did differently from you, I also had skills raised that improved their opinions of me at earlier points in the story.

can you use fear to make her queen?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam will soon be doing this:

Turning this:
5M2wHM1.png

Into this:
ZYhoPXL.png

Should be able to add it to search results, the home page, community pages, and the app page itself.

Tagyhag

Enhanced Steam will soon be doing this:

Should be able to add it to search results, the home page, community pages, and the app page itself.

Will you please stop doing things Valve should have already done and just get hired by them already? Amazing stuff dude.

Tesseract

Banned
i feel underwhelmed by hd spelunky's difficulty, would've liked 3-4 more levels or so, and online multiplayer.

nice graphics and music though, -19 danny devitos out of prince's pancakes.

Oublieux

on a scale of- Sword of the Stars: the Pit, to Rogue legacy, where does Spelunky fall

No idea what Sword of the Stars is, but Spelunky falls more under the category of rogue-like than RL. RL requires some level of skill, but the skill tree acts as a sort of crutch to make the game easier to handle. This isn't a knock on it.

Spelunky, on the other hand, is just all about pure skill. The goal is to go deep down into dungeons as far as you can, but if you die, you die. You restart from the very beginning on the next playthrough. Getting deeper in is through skills and tricks learned--it's a rewarding feeling.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, Typing of the Dead's last boss fight is pretty shitty. :/

i feel underwhelmed by hd spelunky's difficulty, would've liked 3-4 more levels or so, and online multiplayer.

nice graphics and music though, -19 danny devitos out of prince's pancakes.

Are you a bit or something?

I've played the game for a significant amount of time and managed to finish it normally once. ONCE.

I've never made it to the city of gold or hell.

And I'm a decent gamer...

Oublieux

Sorry for being an asshole, but what's the purpose of this?

Enhanced Steam is an extension that changes the layout of Steam with additional functions. It'll show the lowest prices games have been and are across multiple sites, which games you own, which are DLC, etc. all through handy color coding. Extremely useful for catching deals and such--the early access tag must be something for us to more easily distinguish which games are not finalized yet because, as it stands, it's a bit annoying to wade into the details to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom