• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who needs Snowglobe #2? Speak up now for forever selling.

C4rter

Just finished a 5 hours coop session in Ironclad Tactics. Everybody who likes coop in strategy games should pick it up in the humble bundle store, it's pretty great and a real challenge from time to time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh I see, thanks.

I just find it weird for people to ignore Early Access entirely.

No worries. And it's more about properly categorizing Early Access games or being able to pick them out easily rather than ignoring them.

Although, enough people complained that Valve took Early Access games out of the "New Releases" section completely (since, arguably, these games hadn't been "released")

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
No I'm pretty sure in FC3 the DX11 renderer runs faster at the same settings vs DX9.

Set the post process quality to low for a big FPS boost with no loss in visual quality.
I know that DX10 is faster than DX9 in Far Cry 2, I don't think it's the same here, sadly.

I'll try that too.

Also, I noticed that if you disable DX11 with DX11-only setting still on, they'll be active in DX9 too.
I had had SSAO/HDAO on, I switched to DX9, relaunched the game, and it was still on. I had to disable it through the cfg. That saved up lots of performance.

Tesseract

Banned
When you ask for 3-4 more levels, how many levels do you play through? The secret levels add a pretty decent amount of difficulty I'd say, and just getting to the final boss makes the earlier game a bit more difficult. It's not the hardest game ever made, but it's definitely not easy.

it's probably because i played classic spelunky to death but i can rip through the game from start to finish without breaking a sweat. there's not a lot of meat there for long time players only for the somewhat patience wracking bonus levels and speed runs, which ain't really my thing.

maybe i'll see what classic's mod and source community is up to.

PBalfredo

Giving back to GAF, even if it is just from my 4-pack leftovers that need a good home.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PBalfredo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-264515B5D1671853 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 10 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-E37AD877A2079E59 - Taken by Cyberquake. 43 entrants total.

t1388120790z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
it's probably because i played classic spelunky to death but i can rip through the game from start to finish without breaking a sweat. there's not a lot of meat there for long time players only for the somewhat patience wracking bonus levels and speed runs, which ain't really my thing.

maybe i'll see what classic's mod and source community is up to.

Sure if you're just going to Olmec it's not going to be much different from the classic. But getting to Hell and doing the Worm/Mothership levels are pretty significant challenges and just as fair as the rest of the game.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You can still get it from Amazon. And it might also get into a flash sale, don't give up.

Also voted DP

I know but I was hoping to finish playing it before Giant Bomb's GOTY deliberations because it's one of the few games I have to finish that I don't want spoiled (including GTA V (waiting for PC version (the one that's hopefully coming (I guess we'll see!))) and the Last of Us).

Also, it feels irresponsible to buy it for $6 on Amazon when I KNOW it was listed at ~$4 on Steam and will likely get a Daily.

Just the wait is insufffffferable!

Arthea

Not sure why, but I thought gunslinger and blood dragon bundle will get better discount this time.
I would get TDU too, but that 4 machine activation limit stops me again.

Man, GalCiv2 at that price is so tempting. Shame that every single time I tried a space 4x, couldn't get into it.

And go go Deadly Premonition

It hardly takes longer than getting into Civ for example, seriously, I mean for those that are starting with a game like this.

Miker

No way Deadly Premonition takes it. I don't think anybody outside gaf has heard of it, and it's just too damn weird and expensive to win.

This is absurd, I just bought Anno 2070, Wargame, DMC and Tower Wars.

Flash sales just changed and now I want to buy Call of Juarez and TDU2.

Christmas sales are the freaking best and also sooooo annoying, so many games that I'm sure so many of us paid double or triple for have gone down to $5. Gal Civ 2 I paid $10 for recently, I simply am amazed that Deus Ex HR is $5, Skyrim is $9. I just wish the Skyrim Expansions were cheaper.

I've bought Endless Space, Bastion, Shadow Warrior, Dark Matter, Castlevania LoS so far.

My number of games is now 179 and I doubt that I will ever finish them all but I simply cannot pass up buying them for the price they are.

R. I. D. I. C. U. L. O. U. S.

I'm budgeting so hard right now. There's still one week one deals. One entire week!

This disturbs me! I don't know if there's anything left for me to buy though... how can there be. But I'm sure I'll probably crack the 200 mark before it's all over.

Khronico

Just came home and was excited to see BF2 on sale FINALLY. Then I realized none of the other games are discounted at all, and it's 50% off
open-fridge.gif

Santini

I'm already sold on Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Is the combo package of that and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon worth the extra $3.40?

Better yet, let me rephrase it: is FC3: Blood Dragon better than Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Deadly Premonition looks like crap. Looks like a pc game from the 90s. How the hell is the regular price $25? Game should retail for $10 on steam. Sale should be $2.50. No way I would spend $10 on a game that looks like that

I voted Dream.

Deadly Premonition looks like crap. Looks like a pc game from the 90s. How the hell is the regular price $25? Game should retail for $10 on steam. Sale should be $2.50. No way I would spend $10 on a game that looks like that

A little harsh? I think the artsyle is quite nice. It's no BF4 though. Doesn't interest me one iota though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm already sold on Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Is the combo package of that and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon worth the extra $3.40?

Better yet, let me rephrase it: is FC3: Blood Dragon better than Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Michael Biehn said that making Far Cry was fun and making Aliens was a soulless experience. That was enough to convince me. That, and the fact that they aren't related other than through him.

Is the Call of Juarez + Blood Dragon bundle two separate items if I buy it as a gift? I want to get Blood Dragon for myself and give Call of Juarez to my friend. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom