• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already sold on Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Is the combo package of that and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon worth the extra $3.40?

Better yet, let me rephrase it: is FC3: Blood Dragon better than Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I'm too sick to think of any witty analogies, do I'll just say yes. Exponentially so.

Coldsun

Banned
Deadly Premonition looks like crap. Looks like a pc game from the 90s. How the hell is the regular price $25? Game should retail for $10 on steam. Sale should be $2.50. No way I would spend $10 on a game that looks like that

is the aesthetic appearance the only qualifier you use when deciding on if you should purchase a game?

Turfster

Man, I'm glad I didn't bite on DmC PC before trying my PS+ copy.
This... is not for me. The "music" is crap, the style bullshit is annoying and the voice acting sets my teeth on edge. As for the actual gameplay... meh.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Welp time to add more money to the wallet. There is still another week of this and I only have $16 left, that's not gonna cut it.

Came into this sale expecting to get dead space 2 as I have the others but keep getting sidetracked by other shit! Gaben works in mysterious ways

Gazoinks

Aw, Gal Civ 2 and Gunslinger on flash? I'm interested in both of those, but I'm saving the rest of my money for the eShop's eventual resurrection.

#firstworldproblems

Grief.exe

I'm already sold on Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Is the combo package of that and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon worth the extra $3.40?

Better yet, let me rephrase it: is FC3: Blood Dragon better than Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I've heard some pretty solid opinions on Blood Dragon.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Hacker Evolution Untold failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1388111520z1.png

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
Error: The key you tried to add for Hacker Evolution Untold failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1388111520z1.png

hmmm...

rrs

Giveaway of the century, folks

On the subject of giveaways, reposting my KoF XIII giveaway, one is the game and one is Bad Rats.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

It's your old pal, Bad Rats -- MB-6E3960879FE54A4D
A Bad Rat for a good child -- MB-1B457048C07D2DF9

t1388125962z1.png

is the aesthetic appearance the only qualifier you use when deciding on if you should purchase a game?

No, but when a game has shit art and the assets look like they're out of a game from the 90s it's hard to pull the trigger, especially at $10!!!! What were the developers thinking?!

Actually the grahpics remind me of the Silent Hill game on the Wii. No excuse for a game to look that bad that has been developed in the past few years. I gave the Silent Hill game a pass since it was on the Wii, but come on! I don't have a gaming pc to play crap that looks like a Wii game!

yoshizzle

t1388111520z1.png

13 minutes before self-destruction!

derExperte

Deadly Premonition looks like crap. Looks like a pc game from the 90s. How the hell is the regular price $25? Game should retail for $10 on steam. Sale should be $2.50. No way I would spend $10 on a game that looks like that

If graphics are that important to you I doubt you would play it more than 10 minutes even if bought for 1$. The fans know where its strenghts are and it is worth the 'full' price I paid at release.

Santini

Michael Biehn said that making Far Cry was fun and making Aliens was a soulless experience. That was enough to convince me. That, and the fact that they aren't related other than through him.

I'm too sick to think of any witty analogies, do I'll just say yes. Exponentially so.

I've heard some pretty solid opinions on Blood Dragon.

Thanks, all! I also just heard a couple of tracks from the FC3: Blood Dragon soundtrack and that helped seal the deal. That, and I can appreciate 80's-inspired wackiness. Added to the cart!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Are you talking before or after it got Durante'd?

Because the game got Durante'd.

Left mirror is what the game originally looked like.

screenshot_2013-11-078gu06.jpg

Jonm1010

Banned
So GAF, what should I vote for?

Dream looks interesting but early release and all. Neither of the other two seem to be well liked from critics but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm considering it but I feel like Blood Dragon's constant over-the-top barrage of winking 80s references would get tiring pretty quickly.

If your into the corny humor then you'll enjoy it, the game actually had me going most of the way through but I like that sort of stuff

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Hmm, I was going to buy Spelunky, but I already have it. I wonder when that happened. lol

rrs

No, but when a game has shit art and the assets look like they're out of a game from the 90s it's hard to pull the trigger, especially at $10!!!! What were the developers thinking?!

Actually the grahpics remind me of the Silent Hill game on the Wii. No excuse for a game to look that bad that has been developed in the past few years. I gave the Silent Hill game a pass since it was on the Wii, but come on! I don't have a gaming pc to play crap that looks like a Wii game!

It is a straight port of a Wii game, after all.
Looks like a good PS2 game, and that's fine to me

Guys, guys seriously Blood Dragon and Gunslinger for 8 bucks is a steal, such awesome and short experiences, both feel really fun and refreshing if you're tired of the current trends of FPS gaming.

Now I'm sold on both, buying now.

denx

It did. I LOVED it for the first 20 minutes. Then it got old. And I never finished it.

You loved the first 10 or so minutes of forced tutorials? Really?

Granted, they did a rather funny spin on the whole tutorial thing, but still.

Anyway, the 80's jokes never got tiring for me. The game really isn't so much about references but rather getting across a joking 80's b-movie feel.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
OK, I absolutely cannot stop playing "Cook, Serve, Delicious!"

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
What are the differences between the free version of Spelunky and the Steam version?

The Steam version is sort of like an HD update.

It adds more features, new graphical styling etc etc.

Think of it like an upgraded version of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom