• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAYZ has been pegged at #1 pretty much the whole sale. Is it really selling that well or is there some glitch in the algorithm, it seems kind of odd that none of the dailies have managed to dethrone it.

Wonder if Steam logs sale "rank" by units or revenue?

The_Monk

Hmm it's getting late and I'm not sleepy, I think tea steals my sleep while coffee don't. Strange. Guess I should go play something!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DAYZ has been pegged at #1 pretty much the whole sale. Is it really selling that well or is there some glitch in the algorithm, it seems kind of odd that none of the dailies have managed to dethrone it.

The latter.

denx

revenue

I have the flu and it's awful.

I now also have Spelunky, Guacamelee, and Cook, Serve, Delicious. I feel pretty okay with that part though.

Video games.

So I've had Half Life 2 sitting in my inventory for so long that I forgot about it. I'd love to give it to someone on here to enjoy but I don't think I can ModBot it as it only has a 'gift' option available.

What are my options, any suggestions?

lol, this get me everytime:

cv3Lhuc.png

Coldsun

Banned
Is Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag worth picking up at the current price point (if you were to spend some steam gift cards on it), or should I wait till a lower price point?

cicero

What are the differences between the free version of Spelunky and the Steam version?

Steam Spelunky has:
Deathmatch
New playable characters (cosmetic differences only)
HD graphical overhaul
New enemies
New Items
New music
New secret areas
New terrain
Tighter controls
Daily Challenge with leaderboard
Leaderboards for best times etc
Steam achievements

Just get it. It is my GOTY by far.

Turfster

So I've had Half Life 2 sitting in my inventory for so long that I forgot about it. I'd love to give it to someone on here to enjoy but I don't think I can ModBot it as it only has a 'gift' option available.

Gift it to one of your email addresses, then copypaste the link it gets (without the ?redeemer= bit at the end) and use it like you would use a key for Modbot.

oipic

I think I read somewhere that it is indeed based on revenue, not units sold. Skyrim took over the #1 mantle briefly during its sale a few days ago, but otherwise, DayZ has been untouchable.

Has racked up over half a million sales already, apparently, which multiplied by 30, has made both Dean/Bohemia and Valve many pretty pennies.

Edit: soundly beaten - I'm not much of a wordsmith or typist

I have the flu and it's awful.

I now also have Spelunky, Guacamelee, and Cook, Serve, Delicious. I feel pretty okay with that part though.

Video games.

I feel you. Been hunched over in bed the last two days, reading GAF and watching the sales.

Being sick during Christmas is the worst. Hope you're feeling better soon!

HoosTrax

Jeez...the balance in Orcs Must Die 2...

I was doing fine all up until Crunch, then it's like hitting a brick wall where it becomes painfully obvious that the developers balanced the game purely for co-op, and with total disregard for SP.

I 100%ed the achievements in OMD1 and five-skulled all Nightmare levels in that game, but I kind of doubt that's happening in OMD2. I think I'd be lucky just to five-skull all War Mage difficulty levels.

Coldsun

Banned

Gift it to your own email address, then include that link in the mod-bot give-away?

One of the dailies took it from the #1 spot for a bit. I forget which one though. Regardless, rocket must be swimming in money lol

Jintor

I tried to email myself 8 Deus Ex GOTY keys to feed to modbot, but only 2 made it through for some arcane reason I don't understand.

DarkFlow

Banned
This waiting period to use the market after adding funds is bullshit. I added 5 bucks so i could just buy the rest of the missing cards and now can't buy the last 3 I need till Jan 1st. Why do they do this, they just took $11 from me right before that to buy a game with no problems.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm can't decide on gone home, funds are draining fast this sale

FloatOn

I don't have it so you really need to keep those amazing screenshots coming. I might collect them all, make a gif and play the game, movie style! :D

ah bummer I thought you had picked it up when it was $10. it will probably be on sale again like this at some point. don't hesitate on picking it up because the sequel will be here before too long.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gift it to one of your email addresses, then copypaste the link it gets (without the ?redeemer= bit at the end) and use it like you would use a key for Modbot.

What Grief didn't note, though it's not relevant in this case, is that you can't send the same game to a particular e-mail address more than once, so if you're giving away, say, two gift copies of Portal 2, you'd need to send them to two different e-mail addresses.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is shackles working for Valve yet?

No? What the fuck are they waiting for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom