• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

I tried to email myself 8 Deus Ex GOTY keys to feed to modbot, but only 2 made it through for some arcane reason I don't understand.

For some reason when I tried to email 2 copies of The Ship to myself for a giveaway only one went through, and I had to use a second email address.

FloatOn

*Buys Spelunky*

*continues to play Cook, Serve, Delicious*

I'm kicking myself for not picking up CSD when it was 2.50

what the hell kind of gaffer am I anyway if I can't support one of us via game sales? seems like a great game to play between games too :(

edit: but you should make time for spelunky. it's just as good as everyone says it is.

Turfster

What Grief didn't note, though it's not relevant in this case, is that you can't send the same game to an e-mail address more than once.

True, which is why I said "one of". I admit it sounded rather vague ;)

Do you still have the list handy of holiday DLC-count adding stuff you wanted?
I got something for realm of the mad god I'm never going to use anyway, but I don't know if it's one of the ones that would add something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That'll come in handy!
Are you running out of things you can add yet? ;)

Hardly! At any given point in time I typically have 25-30 things that need to be done.

Hmm it's getting late and I'm not sleepy, I think tea steals my sleep while coffee don't. Strange. Guess I should go play something!

Time to switch the type of tea you're drinking.
What kind are you drinking currently?

I have to buy Hotline miami in order to get the soundtrack.... but I already have that game in other consoles!

Support the dev!

At least you didn't buy the soundtrack after playing it for hours on Vita only to have the game (and the soundtrack) to go on sale @ 75% off for the weekend deal. :p

Hardly! At any given point in time I typically have 25-30 things that need to be done.

This is a bit offtopic -- but what do you guys code in?
I have computer science experience and might be willing to try to help out, if it's something I know or can pick up quickly.
I added you on Steam, btw.

How does the PC version of Spelunky compare to the Vita version? Not exactly expecting visual parity, but so long as they're close I'm tempted to go for the Vita version just for the portability.

Parity is close between them, but the Vita version suffers from slowdown in some cases -- like when you have snow falling in the ice caves or when the dead are restless in the jungle. Most recent patch was supposed to fix it, but you can still run into it.
The correct answer here is BUY BOTH.
Spelunky was on sale on both NA and EU PSN recently for <$4.
It's on sale now on Steam for <$4.
So even if you bought both, you'd be spending < 50% of the actual price of the game and getting a quality portable port and the pc copy the way it's meant to be played. :p

How does the PC version of Spelunky compare to the Vita version? Not exactly expecting visual parity, but so long as they're close I'm tempted to go for the Vita version just for the portability.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For some reason when I tried to email 2 copies of The Ship to myself for a giveaway only one went through, and I had to use a second email address.

Sorry for being such a newb but if I email to myself, it will actually give me the Steam key? I'm worried it will just give me a link to add the game to a Steam account (because that's what happened when my mate gifted me Borderlands 2 GOTY).

Nabs

All the star wars games are getting worse discounts than in the past it seems like. Result of disney buying star wars?

Buy now before it's gone forever!

Disney_Vault.jpg

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

have both.

vita version is good, but i prefer it on PC because it's easier to suss out your surroundings on the big screen. honestly tho you can't go wrong either way.

Turfster

Okay, so it's one of those, but...
I only have a sell button, even though it's marked as tradeable.
Volvo, pls.

Sorry for being such a newb but if I email to myself, it will actually give me the Steam key? I'm worried it will just give me a link to add the game to a Steam account (because that's what happened when my mate gifted me Borderlands 2 GOTY).
It will have a link in the email that needs to be clicked to redeem it to the account.
(If you copy this link (without the ?redeemer bit and gift it with modbot, the person that got it will click it, be added to your friends list and then Steam will gift it to them)

Parity is close between them, but the Vita version suffers from slowdown in some cases -- like when you have snow falling in the ice caves or when the dead are restless in the jungle. Most recent patch was supposed to fix it, but you can still run into it.
The correct answer here is BUY BOTH.
Spelunky was on sale on both NA and EU PSN recently for <$4.
It's on sale now on Steam for <$4.
So even if you bought both, you'd be spending < 50% of the actual price of the game and getting a quality portable port and the pc copy the way it's meant to be played. :p

have both.

vita version is good, but i prefer it on PC because it's easier to suss out your surroundings on the big screen. honestly tho you can't go wrong either way.

Thanks, I'll just go for it and pick up both!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Bought Spelunky even though I know it'll be too hard to beat. I aim to get an achievement, maybe. Picked up Cook, Serve, Delicious in the flash sale too. And Super Hexagon for 19p. All through card sales so far. I love Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is a bit offtopic -- but what do you guys code in?
I have computer science experience and might be willing to try to help out, if it's something I know or can pick up quickly.
I added you on Steam, btw.

Enhanced Steam's code is primarily javascript / jQuery. The code is available here, if you have anything you'd like to add feel free to submit a pull request. :)

If you need an idea of something to do, let me know.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Quote for keys

Solar 2
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time

Caerith

Revenue.
Edit: B-10.

Fine, I'll whinge about how quite a lot of the giveaways are won by people that never contribute to the thread and barely have the 5 posts for the lurker cap!
Seriously, I've been not-contributing this whole sale and never win a thing.

Not that I care really, I have been gifted a lot of stuff from some really great people.

Jeez...the balance in Orcs Must Die 2...

I was doing fine all up until Crunch, then it's like hitting a brick wall where it becomes painfully obvious that the developers balanced the game purely for co-op, and with total disregard for SP.

I 100%ed the achievements in OMD1 and five-skulled all Nightmare levels in that game, but I kind of doubt that's happening in OMD2. I think I'd be lucky just to five-skull all War Mage difficulty levels.
I had to look up Crunch on youtube to see if that was the level I thought it was, and the first thing the guy in the video says is "I actually had to come back to this one." Yeah, it's pretty brutal in single player.

Been away for a couple of days and missed 110 pages.

Righteo then.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One -- MB-56D066C3F4BA345D - Taken by jwtsonga
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two -- MB-464BB43807878963 - Taken by Im a Manatee

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I barely even spent any money this winter... like 10 bucks

BcdbkTZIYAAYFfv.jpg

And we still have like a full week of sales left....

Assuming all those games are from this sale and you say you spent 10 bucks, are you just winning the lottery in every raffle here? o_O

KarmaCow

I bought Payday 2 yesterday and having blast. Just one question is it normal for Payday 2 multiplayer to crash random?

I've been having issues crashing to desktop (with no error message) in the Nightclub mission, specifically when in casing mode while another person hosts the game. I've done everything short of deleting and redownloading the game but I have yet to find a solution.

Otherwise I haven't had any repeatable crashes, though it has (seemingly) randomly crashed maybe 5 times in the 70 hours I've played.

Garcia

Are those flash sales usually a once in a year event for certain games or do they repeat those crazy -80% discounts twice in a season?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are those flash sales usually a once in a year event for certain games or do they repeat those crazy -80% discounts twice in a season?

Twice? More like 6 times these days

Caerith

Community Choice and Flash sales are pretty, uh, random. Sometimes a game will lose a vote and never go on sale, sometimes you see the same thing over and over again. The people in charge of the sales are too busy working on Alien Swarm 2 to care.

Anustart

Just downed the Kayran in The Witcher 2. Was kind of annoying in some attempts because the camera would position itself randomly after cutting off a tentacle which would result in me getting smashed and losing up to 90% of my life :/

But I finally felled the nasty creature and it's time to collect my rewards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom