• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would just like to finally say thanks to this thread for heads up and all the info I've been lurking for. (I haven't logged into my account in probably 4 months because I couldn't remember the password I changed it to and remembering it has been my best gift so far!)

Pakkidis

I' m not sure what the custom is here but after the sale is over, we should post what we got and what we spent on it. I'm close to 100$ right now :(.

KarmaCow

I have it but never use the steam webpage, always the client.

Fail.

Why, even without Enhanced Steam, the in-client browser is poor.

I' m not sure what the custom is here but after the sale is over, we should post what we got and what we spent on it. I'm close to 100$ right now :(.

There is usually a separate thread for people to post their list of games they bought and that no one else will ever read.

But are they region locked?

I can't confirm or deny it.

But I was checking the store and I can get the trilogy for $15 here in South America.

JBCXIv6.jpg

Triple pack is actually cheaper than Bioshock Infinite here.

steadfast

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spelunky -- MB-B745C8827969657A - Taken by skullmuffins. 37 entrants total.

t1388116741z1.png

Good luck!

Thanks for Doom II, afternoon delight.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jamestown -- MB-06AAD8BE560CCF39 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-DF2D7876648C98F9

t1388116786z1.png

Colin.

Just put some time into Brothers. I'm enjoying it, and the controls used is definitely something new for me. It takes some getting used to, but you get the hang of it. Considering the 1.4gb file size, it looks quite nice as well.

For the vote, I went for Dream. Had it on my wishlist for a while, and it seems pretty interesting. And the potential discount is higher, compared to Deadly Premonition.

I wonder how much chance there is of the Scribblenauts pack appearing during Amazons January sale. $10+ is a bit high, considering I have Unlimited already. Plus, I will have a bundle of those $5 off promo codes to use already.

grimmiq

First time trying this..

ModBot said:
Instructions for grimmiq:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thief Gold -- MB-C4B682BFD24CA431 - Taken by Madrugador. 15 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-728672901F828EB5 - Taken by _hekk05. 6 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-CEAAF722EF634D0F - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 33 entrants total.

t1388116831z1.png

Good luck.

Cth

Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-DB4C87155A39606B - Taken by Fornaximus. 24 entrants total.

t1388126776z1.png

NotSelf

I'm at $23 feel good about it.

And thanks again Pakkidis for your generosity! I won Yet It Moves awesome game:)

Cth

Is there still an active community for Star Wars Battlefront 2? Haven't played it in a few years.

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this as well. I loved the series back in the day and that's a good price.

Holy crap, Cook, Serve, Delicious is fucking addicting.

Yes it is. Already bought it on the iPad, but tempted to double dip for the Steam version.

Only trouble is I may have to use the wireless keyboard as most of the letters have faded on my laptop's regular keyboard.

It's a great game, everyone should buy it. I loved how the controls for the iPad were.

denx

Is there still an active community for Star Wars Battlefront 2? Haven't played it in a few years.

I played it a couple of months ago and there were still people playing it. Not many people, but enough to get a couple of rounds going.

Like I said though, not many people are still playing it, so finding a server can be difficult.

tino

Banned
So guys. I really don't like the look of the new Anno future game.

How come Steam doesn't carry the older Anno games?

Evo X

OMG, I am so addicted to Rogue Legacy!

Thanks to all the people that recommended it here. Also want to thank all the generous people doing giveaways.

Due to this thread, I am playing and experiencing games I would never have given a second thought to otherwise.

So I just completed the first session of Superbrothers and I really have no idea how I feel about it. Does it ever start moving a little quicker or is it essentially just an interactive story?

Also, kind of thinking of jumping on the Spelunky flash deal but I've never played a platformer on PC and I'm not sure if I want to start...

denx

Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 isn't on steam? I swear I saw it as a flash sale before?

No you didn't.

Apart from Crysis 2, EA hasn't released anything on Steam from early 2011 onward.

edit: yeah, you most likely saw Hot Pursuit on sale.

Ceebs

So I just completed the first session of Superbrothers and I really have no idea how I feel about it. Does it ever start moving a little quicker or is it essentially just an interactive story?

Also, kind of thinking of jumping on the Spelunky flash deal but I've never played a platformer on PC and I'm not sure if I want to start...

If you have a controller it will play just like a console game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yes it is. Already bought it on the iPad, but tempted to double dip for the Steam version.

Only trouble is I may have to use the wireless keyboard as most of the letters have faded on my laptop's regular keyboard.

It's a great game, everyone should buy it. I loved how the controls for the iPad were.

Now I'm curious as to how it controls on the ipad. The game seems more suited for a keyboard than touch I would think.

Having the garbage service is a godsend. Buying the dishwasher next because those are also a pain in the ass.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So this is semi off-topic, but has there been any news about removing GFWL from Dark Souls? Because I purchased it with the intent to play it a year or two from now. I don't have a computer that can run it, to my knowledge (I just use my laptop to play games right now).

Cook, Serve, Delicious has taken my life.

Edit: Hey, thanks for Spelunky man! I get paid tomorrow, so it seems i need to bring the joy tomorrow, for sure

Sianos

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, I'm going to pick them both up!

I'm not that worried about the next week, usually at the midpoint of the sales you start seeing repeats, which I don't mind: I missed out on Rogue Legacy the first time around but it should be back again as a flash deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom