• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh, Portal 2 freezes now every time I start my save, even after a computer restart :(
hmm. reverify the game cache?

And thanks for Spelunky, steadfast. I literally had just spent the last 3.74 in my wallet buying it for a friend. Time to idle for some more cards and see how much cash I can scrounge up before the end of the sale...

Earned in Blood $1.24
Hells Highway $2.49
Road to Hill 30 $2.49

Add extra 20% off with regular voucher too.

If they're steam redeemable...that's a pretty good deal.
Not seeing ubisoft deals on that page though. Possible that it's an NA region thing.

qHhE9CJ.png

Vibranium

Banned
How cheap? Not seeing it on their site.

The first BiA was great. I never played the second. And the third didn't really catch my interest. It was decent.

Earned in Blood was excellent in addition to RtH30 and you got to play as Red, who is a great mirror of Baker's personality.

Hell's Highway has a heartbreaking story with great voice-acting and characters, despite janky-looking animations at times. The missions themselves can be annoying and the game is shorter but it is still fun to sweat bullets about protecting the squad with tactics. Gearbox felt a need to include outsourced multiplayer though, which ate into time for the single-player and was dead on arrival anyways. Still, I enjoyed my time with it.

Caerith

is galacic civilization 2 any good?what kind of game is?

It's an older space 4X. As for impressions? Last time I played, my custom race (Space Pandas) built up a mercantile empire, spreading culture to every corner of the galaxy and taking money from every corner of the galaxy. We were a peaceful race, believing in harmony and cold, hard cash.

Then one day, a nearby civ declared war on us. They had a large fleet, we had no military, only peace-loving scientists and lots and lots of cash. So those scientists, in the pursuit of peace, had incidentally researched powerful lasers, advanced miniaturization, and lots of other powerful military tech, so I entered the custom ship designer and designed some long-range fighters with fast engines, advanced force fields, and lots and lots and lots of lasers, and then I had my starports on every planet begin production of those fighters (using my fat stacks of cash to pay contractors to rush them out in one turn), and, by the time my enemy arrived, it was like twenty hot lightsabers through a fleet of obsolete butter. A few turns later, I have expanded my fighters into enemy territory and destroyed everything they hold dear, and soon they are begging for peace.

Later on, my enemies started to get uppity, so I upgraded my fighters to be even deadlier and reminded them why nobody fucks with the Space Pandas.

Dec

Is papers please locked to 60fps? Getting shitty mouse lag in game and stuck at 60fps, no options for vsync in game, don't have it forced outside of the game either.

denx

What about Endless Space that is also on sale? Is that a Civ type game as well. Looks similar but maybe more of an RTS?

Nah, Endless Space is a pure 4x Turn based game. You're probably thinking about Sins of a Solar Empire.

General opinion about Endless Space seems to be positive. I don't know how's the game though since I haven't played it. It's one of those games that I say "I'll buy it in the next sale" and I never buy it lol.

Altazor

Thanks to Dust Golem for Outlast, been wanting to play that for a while. Time to give away some stuff myself, enjoy:

Whoever wins Two Worlds 2, PM me and I'll give you the key for the expansion DLC. Blackwell Deception should work, but I can't guarantee it.

excellent giveaway, thank you for your generosity! :)

vg260

Picked up Juarez/Far Cry bundle. Glad I saw the sale. The length of these look just about right for me for shooters.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
yes it's good. it's a 4x strategy game though so it's going to seem very overwhelming at the start. It's not something you'll pick up within an hour or anything, but it's very rewarding if you do learn to play.

So if I love Civ V/IV, know what I'm doing in those games, I'll like Galactic Civilizations II? May have to bite for $5......

It's an older space 4X. As for impressions? Last time I played, my custom race (Space Pandas) built up a mercantile empire, spreading culture to every corner of the galaxy and taking money from every corner of the galaxy. We were a peaceful race, believing in harmony and cold, hard cash.

Then one day, a nearby civ declared war on us. They had a large fleet, we had no military, only peace-loving scientists and lots and lots of cash. So those scientists, in the pursuit of peace, had incidentally researched powerful lasers, advanced miniaturization, and lots of other powerful military tech, so I entered the custom ship designer and designed some long-range fighters with fast engines, advanced force fields, and lots and lots and lots of lasers, and then I had my starports on every planet begin production of those fighters (using my fat stacks of cash to pay contractors to rush them out in one turn), and, by the time my enemy arrived, it was like twenty hot lightsabers through a fleet of obsolete butter. A few turns later, I have expanded my fighters into enemy territory and destroyed everything they hold dear, and soon they are begging for peace.

Later on, my enemies started to get uppity, so I upgraded my fighters to be even deadlier and reminded them why nobody fucks with the Space Pandas.

Ok that sounds fucking awesome.

I'm not even playing my steam purchases, just here with my 3ds playing mario and luigi dream team... I was playing outlast but I feel sick, it is real horror.

~Kinggi~

Banned
for those curious about endless space its really good. Great visuals and music and there is a lot of depth presented in an easy to understand way. probably not as deep as gal civ but its still good.

I had Spelunky for a while, but I wish it had online co-op. But I guess precision is needed for this kind of game.

Really have no one to play it with.

So if I love Civ V/IV, know what I'm doing in those games, I'll like Galactic Civilizations II? May have to bite for $5......

Ok that sounds fucking awesome.

it's a lot more involved than civ

for $5 you really can't go wrong if you're a fan of strategy games in general. If you're just mildly interested/not interested you won't like it at all

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Earned in Blood was excellent in addition to RtH30 and you got to play as Red, who is a great mirror of Baker's personality.

Hell's Highway has a heartbreaking story with great voice-acting and characters, despite janky-looking animations at times. The missions themselves can be annoying and the game is shorter but it is still fun to sweat bullets about protecting the squad with tactics. Gearbox felt a need to include outsourced multiplayer though, which ate into time for the single-player and was dead on arrival anyways. Still, I enjoyed my time with it.

I would buy EiB since I always heard good things about it. HH felt like a chore most of the times, since like you said, the missions felt annoying. Your AI squad felt stupid at times as well. One thing I loved about the series in the story and the sound.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
it's a lot more involved than civ

for $5 you really can't go wrong if you're a fan of strategy games in general. If you're just mildly interested/not interested you won't like it at all

Yeah just by looking at screens I think I saw customization of ships and other stuff that made it seem a bit deeper than Civ V which is already deep as is. I'm gonna bite for $5 fuck it.

Midn1ght

I found its "keep ramming X or you'll run out of breath climbing" mechanic incredibly annoying, not to mention the combat was pretty meh.

Thanks, I just saw that there's no steam key for this game on GMG anyway so yeah...maybe on steam later when it's cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom