• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Deadly Premonition looks like crap. Looks like a pc game from the 90s. How the hell is the regular price $25? Game should retail for $10 on steam. Sale should be $2.50. No way I would spend $10 on a game that looks like that

Please, don't buy it. You don't deserve it if you can't appreciate a masterpiece because of its visuals.

Karl2177

grimmiq

While your list is awesome and you have plenty of games to play, I see you are missing the other Ys games. No one will hold it against you if you buy them too.

Having not touched any Ys games before, I think 50% isn't enough for me to buy them yet.

Tizoc

Grabbed gunslinger+blood dragon bundle and made my vote for deadly prem.
Wnded up getting lp3 too anxious to see how it performs on pc~

I have $100 prepaid VISA credit card/gift card. Can I add this money into my steam wallet without freezing my account for 7 days? I keep reading people adding new payment methods and this happening, since the gift card is technically a credit card I imagine I will probably have the same issues?

rrs

I have $100 prepaid VISA credit card/gift card. Can I add this money into my steam wallet without freezing my account for 7 days? I keep reading people adding new payment methods and this happening, since the gift card is technically a credit card I imagine I will probably have the same issues?

Buy Steam wallet cards with it from a store. Trust me, I used one to fill up my wallet and bam locked out.

I grabbed Gunslinger before I noticed there was a Blood Dragon bundle. Is it at all possible for me to get Blood Dragon at the discount price?

You can still get the bundle, but you won't get an extra Gunslinger copy. Or you can just buy it as a gift and hope it separates in your inventory.

border

I grabbed Gunslinger before I noticed there was a Blood Dragon bundle. Is it at all possible for me to get Blood Dragon at the discount price?

dxhc99

So I decided to give Deadly Premonition the old college try. Does DPfix do anything to the combat and controls or is it strictly a graphics thing?

Caerith

Could you buy the wallet funds through Paypal? Or would Paypal have to verify it first?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

You could also do an alternative and give it to a friend to buy all those games as gifts if he doesnt mind getting his account freezed from the market. He should still be able to give you any cards earned if all done well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm just getting back into Dark Souls because of Jeff Green's livestreams. The combat is really satisfying.

His streams have been great!

This was my favorite part of every early stream.

gJ1CCK8.gif

The slow realization that he forgot to plug in his mic.

Vibranium

Banned
I grabbed Gunslinger out of principle, since it has no uPlay and Steam achievements. See that Ubi? Make more games in that fashion and I will buy them.

I hope South Park The Stick of Truth is like Call of Juarez, but I've got a bad feeling on that front. I'll have to play with uPlay I suppose, I just hope it has damn achievements...

donny2112

Man, hope it comes back up as an option and/or another chance at community vote. Games usually have been a community vote and then a later daily in the past, but Steam seems to maybe be trying to break the normal pattern of sales lately. There was that one where a game was cheaper after the sale than the daily during, majority DLC in a community vote, L4D2 free in the middle of a sale, thought someone said that the DLC for a game wasn't on sale at the same time as the game which is different from how what seemed to happen in past sales, etc.

This is my first give away. Sorry that it's only one game but I can't afford much at the moment.
Hopefully there is someone out there who doesn't have this game and can experience it for the first time. Good luck!

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Life 2 -- MB-50B2D55BDB99C5B2 - Taken by Cody_D165. 11 entrants total.

t1388131816z1.png

Some might have missed it due to Steam bugging out or marketplace not selling cards, or just woke up. For such people, or those who just didn't buy it for another reason, here is a chance at the wonderful Cook, Serve, Delicious.
I've quite enjoyed the copy a kind soul gave to me, it's made a long train trip far more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise. Hopefuly you get as much out of it as I have.

Alas I can't do the same for Van Helsing, Gone Home, Dark Souls, or Hotline Miami as I'm out of money, for myself or for anyone else, but if given the chance and you don't have one of those games yet, I do recommend going for them if their individual genres appeal to you.

Enjoy. make something tasty.

Thanks a lot for Serve, Cook, Delicious.

Will start making breakfasts in a few minutes for fellow gaffers.

getout.gif
Former editor in chief of Computer Gaming World among other things and all around awesome and entertaining dude.

Giant Bomb calls him "America's Gaming Dad" and I think that is fairly succinct.

I'm in Australia, maybe that's why I've only heard of him recently. Does he work in games still or just sit on the net and play games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom