• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Got Enhanced Steam's new "Early Access" overlays to work with the homepage stuff:

Feature is coming along nicely, I'm excited

I'm amazed Valve never did this, awesome work
and tag.

Last call for my KoF XIII giveaway, one is the game and the other is bad rats:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

It's your old pal, Bad Rats -- MB-6E3960879FE54A4D
A Bad Rat for a good child -- MB-1B457048C07D2DF9

t1388125962z1.png

Chris R

How long is Skyrim Dragonborn? Played the shit out of the game on the 360 (well, like 50 hours or so, compared to the 400+ I dumped in Morrowind :( ) but didn't play any of the DLC. Have zero interest in the vampire stuff and kids so if I buy the legendary edition of the game it would only be for Dragonborn.

steadfast

Hows both gunslinger and blood dragon, thinking about picking up that bundle.

Each one as a $15 short-ish game packs more entertainment in than most $60 games while keeping the same excellent production values.

At ~$4 each when bought in the bundle, they're incredible deals.

Hakkuei

So I started to do it, but then I get to an Invoice address, and I have no idea how the UK address system works. Also, I'm guessing I'm going to get some warning from my bank on a purchase on amazon.co.uk.

Just put some random address that you can find on google (modify it a bit if you want), that's what I did on amazon.com and I never had any problem. I don't see why you'd get a warning either?

For those that missed out on this tasty little morsel yesterday, here's something to quell those Midnight Munchingtons.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-58FDAA34890269EC

t1388136135z1.png

mrgone

does it say how long it lasts(the price change)
and if i already have the pit will it simply upgrade it?

It'll last until they fix the error, which means it could end at any time. It should add the DLC to your account if you already own the standard edition. The DLC's still available at GamersGate for $2.00 if it happened to die immediately

Turfster

Oh man... Been playing a bit of it, and Gunslinger is worth the 5$ if only for the storytelling, which is masterful.
Is this the first truly unreliable narrator protagonist?

derFeef

Oh man... Been playing a bit of it, and Gunslinger is worth the 5$ if only for the storytelling, which is masterful.
Is this the first truly unreliable narrator protagonist?

Yeah, it's fantastic. Plus the shooting in this game is awesome as well.
One of my favourites this year.

Yes, it's NECESSARY! You need it! The official patches don't fix everything by far. The USKP fixes a ridiculous amount of problems which the developers wouldn't even have dreamt of.

If you're playing Skyrim on PC without the unofficial patches you're plain stupid.

Also don't forget the unofficial patches for each DLC you've installed and sort your mod load order with BOSS.
Thanks for the heads up!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I starting playing Contagion. I'm liking the atmosphere a lot. The controls could be tighter and less "janky" though. Those zombies bastards will chase you down no matter what lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sometimes I think I'm the only person that never uses the steam website, I only use the client so jshackles work is lost on me :(

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Glad I waited until today to buy Gone Home. I wonder how it'll run on my 2011 Macbook Air.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sometimes I think I'm the only person that never uses the steam website, I only use the client so jshackles work is lost on me :(

I use the Steam Client and the Website during sales because the carts are separate.
One of the carts will hold all the games I'm holding off on until the last day of the sale to make sure there isn't a better Flash or Daily Deal, the other just for buying those Flash or Daily Deals or surprise limited sales.

I like the separation and Enhanced Steam really does go a long way in making it easier to figure things out. For as long as Opera still supports the version 12 that I use, and hopefully someday in the future SeaMonkey gets a version/can use Chrome or Firefox's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom