• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm in Australia, maybe that's why I've only heard of hime recently. Does he work in games still or just sit on the net and play games?

He's currently unemployed but he's already basically picked up. Just waiting to announce where he's going.

Castle of Illusion is really good.
Shame the Genesis version was a PS3-only preorder dealie. I sold my cart several years ago.
It's a bigger shame the developer was shut down. Seeing Quackshot and World of Illusion re-imagined would have been pretty wonderful.

Also Kane & Lynch: Dog Days isn't for everyone, but I was extremely impressed by it(played through it twice now).

I have $100 prepaid VISA credit card/gift card. Can I add this money into my steam wallet without freezing my account for 7 days? I keep reading people adding new payment methods and this happening, since the gift card is technically a credit card I imagine I will probably have the same issues?

Do you have a paypal account that you use for Steam often? If so, link your card on Paypal and use paypal to make your purchases.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I just found two of my older Dark Souls GIFs and thought I should share them.

Dark Souls allows great things such as this!

four_knights_dance_by_alo81-d6euom2.gif

And awesome moments like this

dragoo_by_alo81-d67v4pz.gif

Eternia

Double checked, it does redeem as a gold key. I was a bit worried it might have be labelled incorrectly but that price is equal to the normal version on Steam. Amazon had a Quantum Conundrum complete bundle a few days ago that seemed to be a mispriced in a similar way.

Grab it while you can since I believe the DLC was not on sale.

I am having an amazing time with Risk of Rain, it starts off slow but about 10 minutes in you collect enough traits and all of a sudden most of the screen is a fireworks display as you scramble not to die, and it keeps getting more and more insane as time rolls on. Don't skip this game even for full price, favorite pick up so far for sure. The combat all feels pretty fair too, it's pretty much your fault when you die.

Karl2177

Have you guys tried using a uk address?

Edit: Oh shit I won Spelunky! Thanks a lot Eternia!

So I started to do it, but then I get to an Invoice address, and I have no idea how the UK address system works. Also, I'm guessing I'm going to get some warning from my bank on a purchase on amazon.co.uk.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
So I saw the Guacamelee on the front page as a community choice winner and was on sale for $3.xx. I hit refresh and it's gone? Did I miss it?

edit: It's gone. I must have seen it wrong or something

Santini

Just bought it from Amazon. Confirming that it's definitely Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold.

aLPquVS.jpg

The description even lists the extra characters:

"8 Characters from 5 different Sword of the Stars races to play as - Marine, Scout, Engineer, Psion, Ranger, Warrior, Seeker, and Striker - Plus 1 hidden character to unlock when things get tough!"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I saw the Guacamelee on the front page as a community choice winner and was on sale for $3.xx. I hit refresh and it's gone? Did I miss it?

edit: It's gone. I must have seen it wrong or something

That was 2 votes ago :p

dani_dc

Just bought it from Amazon. Confirming that it's definitely Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold.

aLPquVS.jpg

The description even lists the extra characters:

"8 Characters from 5 different Sword of the Stars races to play as - Marine, Scout, Engineer, Psion, Ranger, Warrior, Seeker, and Striker - Plus 1 hidden character to unlock when things get tough!"

Single key or two keys?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It is kinda sad I would buy that game, even though I have never heard of it, simply because it is a price mistake.

Has brothers a tale of two sons been a daily yet?
Not yet, but I hope/expect it will be one before the sale's over. How many community choice options never show up as a daily/flash?

In other news, I voted for Deadly Premonition as any good person should do, though I think the sale is kind of weak. The game did launch nearly 4 years ago for $20, so "director's cut" or not, imo it's pushing it to hike the retail price by 5 bucks for a years-later port, especially with the kinds of issues the port seems to have. In any case, the game is worth a look if you enjoy weird/quirky stuff and aren't that bothered with gameplay that isn't so polished. I bought it for the 360 years ago at full ($20!) price and definitely enjoyed it, and in the grand scheme of things 10 dollars is pretty darn cheap.

Ceebs

So general question is the PC version of Castle Crashers just shit in general?

The multiplayer lags so bad it is a slideshow on decent connections and the game just crashed my whole PC. Is this normal?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I was a bit occupied today, so I was wondering if anyone knows how hight Lost Planet 3 reached on the Steam Top Sellers list?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So general question is the PC version of Castle Crashers just shit in general?

The multiplayer lags so bad it is a slideshow on decent connections and the game just crashed my whole PC. Is this normal?

I only played local multiplayer but me and a friend played for about and hour or more and had zero issues. Ran perfectly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got Enhanced Steam's new "Early Access" overlays to work with the homepage stuff:

Top sellers:
frb5amD.png

community choice (hard to see because it's so small:
HpwFfX2.png

Feature is coming along nicely, I'm excited

I'm looking at what the essential mods for Skyrim are so I can download them before playing, and I found the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Is this still useful?

Yes, it's NECESSARY! You need it! The official patches don't fix everything by far. The USKP fixes a ridiculous amount of problems which the developers wouldn't even have dreamt of.

If you're playing Skyrim on PC without the unofficial patches you're plain stupid.

Also don't forget the unofficial patches for each DLC you've installed and sort your mod load order with BOSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom