• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish enhanced steam for Firefox can be updated as often as Chrome.

Blame Mozilla. I sent an updated Firefox version to them almost a week ago (which you can download manually here) but it still hasn't been reviewed / certified.

I use the website and don't use his thingy.

You should! I promise, it's cool.

Erekiddo

I'm still using the vanilla skin. Didn't even know you could apply other ones.

Then again, I've only been on steam since August..

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Maybe a silly question, but does the Chrome extension update itself or do I have to manually update it?

If you install the Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store, it'll update automatically when there is a new version.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Safe from Bad Rats yet again. I have no idea why I keep entering such roulettes.

If I get enough money I shall gift it to you so you dont feel left out.
KuGsj.gif

Valkrai

I was considering getting CS:GO but I'm wondering:

Is it worth paying $7.50 or should I wait for a drop (if there was one)?
Is there any mods or bonus content?

I've only played the shitty console version.

Oublieux

Maybe a silly question, but does the Chrome extension update itself or do I have to manually update it?

I believe it updates itself as Chrome usually tries to remove any sort of user interaction when it comes to updating, whether its the browser itself or the extensions/add-ons.

Toki767

It was a daily deal for $3.75. Wait for that to pop up again.

bkw

Should I get Sword of the Stars: The Pit from Amazon? This is yet another game that I have missed from previous bundles because I didn't know anything about it. Now I keep seeing that name pop up. Looks kinda neat. It's a true roguelike yeah? The only roguelike-like game I've played in Spelunky.

Looks like Sword of the Stars 2 and available in a bundle from bundlestars now (with an hour remaining).

It's been $3.74 a few times already, I'm sure it will pop up again at some point before the end of the sale.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

It was cheaper I think and more likely it will show up again on the sale. Wait for it.

Chris R

How long is Skyrim Dragonborn? Played the shit out of the game on the 360 (well, like 50 hours or so, compared to the 400+ I dumped in Morrowind :( ) but didn't play any of the DLC. Have zero interest in the vampire stuff and kids so if I buy the legendary edition of the game it would only be for Dragonborn.

Anyone? Wanna see if I'm going to be forced to buy this before I hit the hay for the night.

rrs

Unicorn won KoF XIII if you are wondering. Thanks for playing, I'll do another Bad Rats roulette soon.

SDXgqoG.png

This is the second bad rats roulette I entered this sale and this time I lost.

I was supposed to be immune.

pdmoKfo.png
thanks

You can now join the ratted club :3

Safe from Bad Rats yet again. I have no idea why I keep entering such roulettes.

So you can win the best game ever made, Bad Rats?

I never realized people actually used the website. What's the advantage of using it over the client?

Tabs - perfect for when you just want to take a peek at a few games and multitask.

Santini

Should I get Sword of the Stars: The Pit from Amazon? This is yet another game that I have missed from previous bundles because I didn't know anything about it. Now I keep seeing that name pop up. Looks kinda neat. It's a true roguelike yeah? The only roguelike-like game I've played in Spelunky.

Looks like Sword of the Stars 2 and available in a bundle from bundlestars now (with an hour remaining).

Been playing for the past hour and have been enjoying it. It's a traditional, turn-based rogue-like with perma-death, and does not play out in real-time action like Spelunky does. There's a demo on the Steam page if you want to try it out.

An unexpected bonus for me is that it supports the 360 controller for comfy couch gaming.

jshackles

is that site official? how do they know how many play?

The image Grief posted is from Enhanced Steam, which pulls the data from SteamCharts.

They regularly scrape this page to get their stats, then store them in their database for historical reference.

Noogy

Much more fast, at last for me

edit: and enhanced steam, a lot of enhanced steam

Awesome, thanks. I kept reading about enhanced steam and couldn't figure out exactly what it was. Apparently I need to start using the website.

I finally bought Spelunky ! yay !

Now I have a few hours left to decide if I buy Dark Souls...

If you're STILL undecided about Dark Souls although it's only 6 bucks then just don't buy it. If it didn't click with you on console then it wont now.

Usually a good sign that you won't be happy with the game.

jshackles

Awesome, thanks. I kept reading about enhanced steam and couldn't figure out exactly what it was. Apparently I need to start using the website.

I think most people would agree: Install Enhanced Steam and start doing all your Steam shopping / browsing on Chrome and you'll never want to use the client again (besides launching games, although Enhanced Steam can do that too)

Reg

Banned
I finally bought Spelunky ! yay !

Now I have a few hours left to decide if I buy Dark Souls...

Dark Souls has great combat, but you have to be patient. Try to battle only one guy at a time. You can't really do any sort of crowd management with a bunch of enemies.

There's also stuff like this...

dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

lol

wildfire

Banned
Well I voted for Master Reboot. Usually I dislike discounts being so low like 33% but I'm impressed enough with the gameplay they actually show in their trailers and the general concept of the world is neat.

Dark Souls has great combat, but you have to be patient. Try to battle only one guy at a time. You can't really do any sort of crowd management with a bunch of enemies.

There's also stuff like this...

dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

lol

I look forward to many funny deaths like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom