• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So you can win the best game ever made, Bad Rats?

That must be it. Has to be a roulette though, that's my rule.

Anyone can get Bad Rats. Real men finish it.

Which I promise I shall do if I ever "win". Even if I have to cease all other games until I do, I will complete it.

I think I have a sickness.

Thanks to Dust Golem for Outlast, been wanting to play that for a while. Time to give away some stuff myself, enjoy:

Whoever wins Two Worlds 2, PM me and I'll give you the key for the expansion DLC. Blackwell Deception should work, but I can't guarantee it.

A big thank you for Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel. Three games I've definitely had an eye on for a long time and I look forward to playing them once I get a chance after the holidays end.

Oh and someone really should grab that Greed Corp key. Fun game.

Dark Souls has great combat, but you have to be patient. Try to battle only one guy at a time. You can't really do any sort of crowd management with a bunch of enemies.

There's also stuff like this...

dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

lol
Ah...good times

Runs like shit on my PC, but I guess that and The Witcher 2 are just more incentive to finally get a better computer

Unicorn

Unicorn won KoF XIII if you are wondering. Thanks for playing, I'll do another Bad Rats roulette soon.

You can now join the ratted club :3

So you can win the best game ever made, Bad Rats?

Tabs - perfect for when you just want to take a peek at a few games and multitask.

What?! I just got a PM saying I got Bad Rats. lol.

jmizzal

Thanks @Terra_Ex for Spelunky

I missed the early giveaways for the game while I was play COD lol and randomly came back and tried yours

edit
Wow 76 entrants, first time winning over that many people lol

Caerith

Dark Souls has great combat, but you have to be patient. Try to battle only one guy at a time. You can't really do any sort of crowd management with a bunch of enemies.

There's also stuff like this...

dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

lol
I love that gif. That skeleton just matter-of-factly kicking the guy off the ledge.

I never realized people actually used the website. What's the advantage of using it over the client?

(1) The glory of enhanced Steam. Thank you based jshackles.
(2) The ease of not having to be on my main gaming PC -- I can just be on my laptop or phone or whatever and not really have to worry about going over to my gaming PC and bringing it up on my TV and such.

Damn! Gunslinger is so Satisfying. I don't see how some "professional" reviewers saw this as a mediocre game.

"Professional" reviewers are a joke.
Sometimes they get it right, but more often than not, they're way off from sharing perspectives with most gamers I know.

Grief.exe

I never realized people actually used the website. What's the advantage of using it over the client?

Enhanced Steam
Tabbed Browsing
More responsive

Never played Dark Souls and wow that's just dickish.

You can see him waiting around the corner if you approach slow enough. Dark Souls teaches you to check your surroundings instead of going barreling into a situation.

I personally fell for that trap the first time I went through there. Was laughing the whole way down because I knew I deserved that.

Unicorn

OMGGGGGG IT IS KING OF FIGHTERS!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH HOLY CRAP!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I got that PM and it said Bad Rats and I was like, "Damn I won, but I also lost haha." Then I realized it was a link. Best midnight surprise! Thank you soooo much thecharrr

kurahador

Thanks, Terra for Dear, Esther. It's only a couple of hours long right??

Took me 82 minutes for one playthrough. Do mind though that the game requires multiple playthrough if you want to figure out the story yourself.

I don't have that kind of patience.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You can see him waiting around the corner if you approach slow enough. Dark Souls teaches you to check your surroundings instead of going barreling into a situation.

I personally fell for that trap the first time I went through there. Was laughing the whole way down because I knew I deserved that.

From my time with with the PS3 version Dark Souls before losing it, and my many hours with Demon's Souls, I bet you can hear him as well. Which is something that is greatly overlooked and often ignored in From Software games (well, Souls and King's Field and Tenchu and the like), the sound quality and how many clues the audio gives in a lot of situations exactly like that.

Grief.exe

From my time with Dark Souls, and my many hours with Demon's Souls, I bet you can hear him as well. Something that is greatly overlooked and often ignored in From Software games (well, Souls and King's Field and Tenchu and the like), the sound quality and how many clues the audio gives in a lot of situations exactly like that.

I can almost guarantee you are correct. From's sound design is amazing, especially with a good pair of headphones.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's a good question. I can tell you what isn't... for me at least. That damn soda machine. Waste so much time on that damn thing! =/
Yeah, the soda machine needs some time getting used to.

Soda machine is useful as a filler dish though, since it's not a "rot meal" but a "staple" meaning it can be placed in the menu without worries of it going down.

Man this is surprisingly deep. Holy shit, GAF go buy this game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Groupees Xmas bundle is never going to reach 100k at this rate, guess we'll never know what was in the big box :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Why not? Giving away another copy of DMC4:

ib2d0p4VDinfuX.gif
dmc4-combo15fps-2-350i3s1y.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-29A7533B7B06B2A9 - Taken by eyeless. 47 entrants total.

t1388139691z1.png

Caerith

Always check the damn corners
Always keep your shield up
Never rush into battle

Rules that all Dark Souls players should live by
Good rules. The real fun of Dark Souls though is once you know what to expect around each corner and can strap your shield to your back and just run straight in. The "you guys want to kill me, but I can reach the fog gate before you can reach me" sprint.

From my time with with the PS3 version Dark Souls before losing it, and my many hours with Demon's Souls, I bet you can hear him as well. Which is something that is greatly overlooked and often ignored in From Software games (well, Souls and King's Field and Tenchu and the like), the sound quality and how many clues the audio gives in a lot of situations exactly like that.
Seriously. I basically stopped dying in Demon's Souls (outside of stuff like boss fights or that damn dragon in 1-4) because the game gave you so many warnings if you were listening.

Groupees Xmas bundle is never going to reach 100k at this rate, guess we'll never know what was in the big box :(

my-dick-in-a-box.png

no, I'm saying Steam wasn't open or running in the background. I just turned on my PC. And it was just showing old stuff for some reason.

I've actually had that happen a few times during the sale: I'll refresh the store page and get the page from a day or two prior, with the deals from that time and everything. Really weird, I didn't realize that stuff was cached anywhere - almost as though every time the front page refreshes, it stores a temp of that refresh which randomly gets pulled later.

unrelated: Brothers is sooooooooooo good~~~

rrs

OMGGGGGG IT IS KING OF FIGHTERS!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH HOLY CRAP!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I got that PM and it said Bad Rats and I was like, "Damn I won, but I also lost haha." Then I realized it was a link. Best midnight surprise! Thank you soooo much thecharrr

No problem!

Dec

I think most people would agree: Install Enhanced Steam and start doing all your Steam shopping / browsing on Chrome and you'll never want to use the client again (besides launching games, although Enhanced Steam can do that too)

Unfortunately I'll never use Chrome. :(

Peachpies

Hotline miami
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-572FEECB7DFB115F - Taken by GraveHorizon. 4 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-1FB4278984FEEB65 - Taken by Clawww. 9 entrants total.

t1388140275z1.png

bkw

If I enter a steam code for a game I already have, does steam tell me and let me back-out? Or does it just eat the code? I know I have multiple codes for the same game from different bundles, but I don't know which one I used. Can I check by just entering into steam and see if it says "already redeemed" versus "you already own"?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Oublieux

If I enter a steam code for a game I already have, does steam tell me and let me back-out? Or does it just eat the code? I know I have multiple codes for the same game from different bundles, but I don't know which one I used. Can I check by just entering into steam and see if it says "already redeemed" versus "you already own"?

If you enter a valid, unused key for a game that's already in your library, Steam will just pop a message saying you already own said game; it's vague, but it does NOT eat your key. You can just hand it off to someone else no problem.

Dec

Anti-Googles?

Nope, just is lacking compared to Waterfox. I also have a text rendering issue I've tried for years to fix that only happens in Chrome. Text is thin and light grey, hard to read.

It also works with Chromium and any number of open source Chromium-based browsers.

Most common ones are Chrome and Opera next right? Not willing to sacrifice the performance and customizing of waterfox for enhanced steam, no offense. I'd be lowering my overall browser experience to improve one site.

Eusis

Dammit, got Unepic but it's not playing nice with the Xinput wrapper for the DS4, simply doesn't see it. Thought maybe I'd try kb/m, but I don't like the default for that at all so I'll just have to see if there's some solution or if I'll need to use the DS3 instead.

Thanks Terra_Ex for Cave Story Plus! First Modbot victory.

I don't think it's worth it full price, but for $3.75 it's worth it for the improvements it has over the free version.

I think it's easily worth full price or more, but waiting this long would have saved you money, which is good. Having said that, the longer you wait, the longer you aren't playing Spelunky, which is bad.

Nope, just is lacking compared to Waterfox. I also have a text rendering issue I've tried for years to fix that only happens in Chrome. Text is thin and light grey, hard to read.

Most common ones are Chrome and Opera next right? Not willing to sacrifice the performance and customizing of waterfox for enhanced steam, no offense. I'd be lowering my overall browser experience to improve one site.

I agree, firefox is the better browser.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

None taken, it's all about personal preference. I have had some Waterfox users report that the Firefox version of Enhanced Steam works for them, so you may want to give that a try. Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom