• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, just is lacking compared to Waterfox. I also have a text rendering issue I've tried for years to fix that only happens in Chrome. Text is thin and light grey, hard to read.

Most common ones are Chrome and Opera next right? Not willing to sacrifice the performance and customizing of waterfox for enhanced steam, no offense. I'd be lowering my overall browser experience to improve one site.

That's the first I've heard of Waterfox. Looking it up.

Benedict

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death is $3.75 at Amazon.com

A new breed of WARRIOR returns, committed to destroying the enemies of FREEDOM

When ONE angry man, has a world to protect - There is only ONE future – HIS OWN

No-nonsense hero Marlow never shied away from danger or trouble. But now he faces his ULTIMATE challenge. After crash-landing in Central America, he has an industrial evil to defeat whilst bound to an ancient Mayan Death Mask who’s had no-one to talk to for 2000 years. Another day at the office only this time Marlow is PUSHED TO THE LIMIT, his sweetheart has been abducted, the bad guys are making up their own rules and only one man can judge them – and EXECUTE THE SENTENCE .

Fearlessly fighting through Mayan temples and towering valleys, monstrous machinery, nothing, but nothing, will stand in the way of this bad ass warrior, his girl and the crushing of all opposition.

They told him to go to HELL, he was DEAD ready.

Polygon review of 360 version.

DsUCbjIwDcs

http://youtu.be/DsUCbjIwDcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUCbjIwDcs

bkw

If you enter a valid, unused key for a game that's already in your library, Steam will just pop a message saying you already own said game; it's vague, but it does NOT eat your key. You can just hand it off to someone else no problem.
Thanks for the help!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh god, did anyone see the latest Daily Royale deal? That's... well, something. And it's such a steal at €10.

That's actually kind of embarrassing for them... And that's saying something considering what else has been on Daily Royale.

Really digging Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. I couldn't wait for a better deal than 50% after watching my sister play it on the PS3; it looked so good. It also looks stunning in 3D on the PC. Not every game is suited to it, but Brothers, in particular, really pops in 3D.

Hah, for the past few weeks I haven't sent the full line, only the key to ModBot, hmm.

Well more great games for everyone else, and that is my gift to you, slightly better chance at winning in raffles

SlickVic

I feel bad I never bought a gift copy of Portal 2 the hundred times it was $5. Now that I actually need one for a friend to play co-op, the game is $10. Oh well, maybe it'll go on sale tomorrow.

Erekiddo

That's actually kind of embarrassing for them... And that's saying something considering what else has been on Daily Royale.

I'm sure you've heard it a bunch of times over, from various places, but thanks for Enhanced Steam. It makes this whole experience so much better.

On a side note, I own Brothers for the 360 - why the hell do I want it on Steam so bad? Double dipping, crap.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
gosh darn it I am so enthralled by Cook Serve Delicious that I made a thread about it.

Maybe I should've mentioned that a gaffer made it in the title for it to get traffic. Who made it, anyway?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm sure you've heard it a bunch of times over, from various places, but thanks for Enhanced Steam. It makes this whole experience so much better.

On a side note, I own Brothers for the 360 - why the hell do I want it on Steam so bad? Double dipping, crap.

No problem! If there is anything you think it should do but doesn't, let me know. Or feel free to message me if you encounter any bugs.

Also, Brothers is a game worth double dipping on, very good! :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Between all 21 games for the Happy Horror Holiday, there were a total 1961 entries, which means 1961 PMs sent to modbot. The game most entered for was Resident Evil Revelations with 254 entries, but second place was RIGHT behind it with 253 entries (Deadly Premonition). Least entries was Shattered Haven, with 14 entries. Biggest surprise for me was Alone in the Dark 5. Had a lot more entries for the game than I expected. Surprising also with how few New Nightmare got.

bonesquad

Grrr. Spelunky crashed on me twice already. It's hard enough I don't need to die via crash too! Still, despite not generally liking permadeath/roguelikes I've quite enjoyed my time with Spelunky so far. Maybe I was just playing the wrong games, I kind of wish I picked up Rogue Legacy now.

Kanokare

Between all 21 games for the Happy Horror Holiday, there were a total 1961 entries, which means 1961 PMs sent to modbot. The game most entered for was Resident Evil Revelations with 254 entries, but second place was RIGHT behind it with 253 entries (Deadly Premonition). Least entries was Shattered Haven, with 14 entries. Biggest surprise for me was Alone in the Dark 5. Had a lot more entries for the game than I expected. Surprising also with how few New Nightmare got.

Wow those 2 were really close. Stood little chance of winning RE:R! Great giveaway all together :)

Interesting. I had put in a vote for both of the top entries. They're still on my wishlist to buy for next year.

Great giveaway, sir.

The other old game I just remembered is Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Still hold up? Cult classic, underrated, or just bad and dated?

Knurek

Well, it's no Indie Royale which, for $1.99, includes One Way Heroics (which, itself, costs $1.99). No idea about any of the others, but One Way Heroics is awesome.

Yeah, the Debut Bundles are all kinds of amazing.

BTW, OWH publishers confirmed people will be getting Steam keys when the game is greenlit (and it's in top-10 ATM).

yuraya

Dark Souls has great combat, but you have to be patient. Try to battle only one guy at a time. You can't really do any sort of crowd management with a bunch of enemies.

There's also stuff like this...

dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

lol

Played Dark Souls a couple of hours today. I am really liking how overpowered the AI is. One enemy in this game can stab you a lot over and over draining so much of your life. You have to be very careful. It can be very frustrating when you die in this game but so far I really like the game. Definitely worth the $5.99

Edit: This game and La-Mulana have been by far the 2 best games I picked up and played since winter sale started. 2 damn great games.

Scrabble

No problem! If there is anything you think it should do but doesn't, let me know. Or feel free to message me if you encounter any bugs.

Also, Brothers is a game worth double dipping on, very good! :)

Is it silly that I don't want to play brothers because I hate my real life brother? I'm sure it's great, but personal reasons keep me from wanting to play it.

dxhc99

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-50C89F9C23024EB9 - Taken by belucheez

It may be 2 days after Christmas but, Happy holidays nonetheless.

AxeMan

Cook Serve Delicious is very addictive. My daughter loves it as well.
Glad I picked it up.

If the Gaffer who made it reads this 'congrats!'

I liked the email I received about Neogaf registration as well

What's the deal with Gunslinger and Blood Dragon? Why are those two games bundled together?

Both are developed by Ubisoft and are also shooters. That's the only things I can think of unless Gunslingers sales are low so they bundled it with BD

edit: beaten

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally the week is over, I think I might do something unprecedented this weekend guys...

...I think...I think I'm going to PLAY some games o_O

jshackles

I think after a few hours of editing overlay images, I'm just about done with this new feature:

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
finally the week is over, I think I might do something unprecedented this weekend guys...

...I think...I think I'm going to PLAY some games o_O
....but what? :D

Also, goodmorning SteamGAF! Or evening, wherever you are.

Played Dark Souls a couple of hours today. I am really liking how overpowered the AI is. One enemy in this game can stab you a lot over and over draining so much of your life. You have to be very careful. It can be very frustrating when you die in this game but so far I really like the game. Definitely worth the $5.99

Best part of Dark Souls comes when you have played for X amount of hours and you humiliate the strongest enemies even on a low level character.

Dat feel of humiliating Black Knights with just your fist (and subsequently getting killed when you get too cocky)

aScaris

Woke up to find out that none of the games from the community vote interest me... any recommendations on what to vote on? deadly premonition looks like it might be a cool game, but it could also be pretty lame

Oreoleo

Woke up to find out that none of the games from the community vote interest me... any recommendations on what to vote on? deadly premonition looks like it might be a cool game, but it could also be pretty lame

Deadly Premonition is definitely the crowd favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom