• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marlow Briggs is good.
First off it looks great. More importantly it plays very well.

How long is Skyrim Dragonborn? Played the shit out of the game on the 360 (well, like 50 hours or so, compared to the 400+ I dumped in Morrowind :( ) but didn't play any of the DLC. Have zero interest in the vampire stuff and kids so if I buy the legendary edition of the game it would only be for Dragonborn.

Hmm...Dragonborn is probably 5 or so hours if you rush through it...10-15+ if you do all the sidequests(I haven't).

Main reason to get Dawnguard is for the overhaul mods like Requiem*. Replacing the vanilla skill system will improve your Skyrim experience 3,000 fold.

*I so wish gamersgate or gmg would step in and sell the Dawnguard DLC for 4.99 or something.

munchie64

I told myself that I wasn't gonna buy anything this year, but dem Star Wars Battlefront II memories are getting to me. Do mods work with the Steam version?

Edit might get Deadly Premonition if it win the vote as well.

Tiny & Big - good? At least does it build on the mechanics in the demo and get more challenging?

For some reason, couldn't run it before, but tried the demo and it runs great now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tiny & Big - good? At least does it build on the mechanics in the demo and get more challenging?

For some reason, couldn't run it before, but tried the demo and it runs great now

doesnt really build on the laser cutting mechanic, and its quite short. I liked it tho

but it could also be pretty lame

Nope!.jpg

OK, vote placed! thx

You have done well!

Okay, last few bucks in my Steam wallet. Debating between

- Bionic Commando (has a bad rep, but I've read enough good reviews and user reviews to know it's a game I'd like)
- Tiny & Big
- Call of Cthulu
- Kane & Lynch 2 (yes I like the hand-held footage style and gritty aesthetic)
- Gateways

Evo X

For those that own Deadly Premonition here, do you recommend watching Twin Peaks before starting the game?

I see it on Netflix, but have a bunch of other shows on my backlog unless it's really good or something.

I just found two of my older Dark Souls GIFs and thought I should share them.

Dark Souls allows great things such as this!

four_knights_dance_by_alo81-d6euom2.gif

How was this possible? 4 player coop in 4 kings doing the trident dance? or same player doing it at different times just stiched together?

thats a fantastic GIF lol

For those that own Deadly Premonition here, do you recommend watching Twin Peaks before starting the game?

I see it on Netflix, but have a bunch of other shows on my backlog unless it's really good or something.

I watched Twin Peaks after playing through DP. It's not really necessary.

Great show though...at least the first season.

Eusis

Before or after doesn't really matter, you'll probably want to tackle the other immediately afterwards anyway.

ZenaxPure

- Kane & Lynch 2 (yes I like the hand-held footage style and gritty aesthetic)

Game is only like 2 and a half hours long (not exaggerating, play time on my steam profile is exactly 3 hours and you have to take into account that I died numerous times and I spent some time fiddling with the video settings to get it to run at a suitable level). It's worth it for the price if the length doesn't bother you. The shooting feels fine even though mechanically it's just your average cover based shooter.

I like the style too and it was that reason I actually ended up enjoying the game (minus the length). Stuff like heads being mosaic blurred during headshots and the loading screens being "buffering" bars was all really cool, among all the other video effects.

Eusis

I'll take everything good I said about uPlay back :(
It's the single biggest reason I hate how many of these companies are insistent on running their own services. The big ones have enough trouble as is, but by consolidating they tend to work through things faster and prevent issues like that cropping up. Never mind that was planned as a more heavy DRM at first.

Bought Ricochet for 2,49€, and finally I own every Valve game on steam, yay. Also bought Test Drive Unlimited 2, a game that really didn't interest me. Buying that did though, 10/10 would buy again.

Bought something from amazon too, dunno my game count has risen yet again a bit. Haven't really played the games I bought on this sale, too hooked up on Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, that game is almost too good.

A week left this sale, hoping at least Sonic daily that affects the Sonic Hits Collection (9,99€ would be a sweet price), but probably will pick it up nonetheless. Can't think of any else that I'm aiming to pick up. Thinking of Kane and Lynch pack and Brothers in Arms games from GMG. Bummed that I missed Cook, Serve, Delicious daily, need to pick up that next time it goes on sale.

Oh god, did anyone see the latest Daily Royale deal? That's... well, something. And it's such a steal at €10.

Christ. Even for anime style drawing, that artwork is fucking horrendous.

GTA IV Complete pack will be in the next flash sale in 53 minutes. I know it will because I need to spend more before the holiday is over.

Well, you can watch Twin Peaks first (and play Silent Hill 1-3 and Majoras Mask) and then start DP or other way around, but all are absolutely mandatory experiences!

Umi88

Thanks to Dust Golem for Outlast, been wanting to play that for a while. Time to give away some stuff myself, enjoy:

Whoever wins Two Worlds 2, PM me and I'll give you the key for the expansion DLC. Blackwell Deception should work, but I can't guarantee it.

just waked up, and found that I won garry's mod, thanks Terra_Ex ! ^^

Caerith

Well, you can watch Twin Peaks first (and play Silent Hill 1-4 and Majoras Mask) and then start DP or other way around, but all are absolutely mandatory experiences!
FTFY. The first four are all tied together in their own ways, with The Room particularly being a trip through the past of an occult serial killer.

Divius

Good morning. Voted DeadPrem.

So. Yeah. Spelunky is on sale. I've waiting for this moment because it seems right up my alley, however I recently got Rogue Legacy and still play Binding of Isaac regularly. Is there still space for another rogue-like-ish in my giant backlog, or should I save my money for something else..

Sarcasm

Good morning. Voted DeadPrem.

So. Yeah. Spelunky is on sale. I've waiting for this moment because it seems right up my alley, however I recently got Rogue Legacy and still play Binding of Isaac regularly. Is there still space for another rogue-like-ish in my giant backlog, or should I save my money for something else..

Grab it.

Less than 6 minutes left until this raffle is over. Get in if you haven't.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-58FDAA34890269EC - Taken by Prophane33. 74 entrants total.

t1388136135z1.png

Tellaerin

Christ. Even for anime style drawing, that artwork is fucking horrendous.

Hey, anime-style art isn't inherently worse than other types. I have to admit that the art in that pic could definitely use some work, though. >.> When attractive female
(?)
characters are meant to be a big draw for your game, getting a good artist on the project should be a priority. :p (Regardless of how you feel about the concept of something like HuniePop, at least the developers of that game seem intent on giving the art the requisite level of polish.)

Ceebs

gosh darn it I am so enthralled by Cook Serve Delicious that I made a thread about it.

Maybe I should've mentioned that a gaffer made it in the title for it to get traffic. Who made it, anyway?

I need to find the email for my download link to this game. I bought it way back when Giant Bomb did the quicklook. I had a blast with it.

redfirm

Banned
Less than 6 minutes left until this raffle is over. Get in if you haven't.

I really hope i can win this game, i missed the sale and I luv me some cooking games. in my avatar i am cooking myself....LOVE IT!

I just noticed that i did not win...well sheeiittt

Caerith

Hey, anime-style art isn't inherently worse than other types. I have to admit that the art in that pic could definitely use some work, though. >.> When attractive female
(?)
characters are meant to be a big draw for your game, getting a good artist on the project should be a priority. :p (Regardless of how you feel about the concept of something like HuniePop, at least the developers of that game seem intent on giving the art the requisite level of polish.)
Agreed. I don't particularly care for the art of HuniePop, but it at least looks professional. I mean, the artwork for Higurashi also looks terrible...
... but it's driven by a compelling story about some really fucked up stuff.

Gender Bender Whatever Extreme looks like some amateur KeenSpot webcomic... and so does its artwork. /statler

bonesquad

Dream looks interesting, but as a general rule unless something really, really interests me I stay away from early access games. I still think it's odd early access games are even a part of these Steam sales, but that's a separate discussion.

Eusis

It's what I was hoping for but figured Deadly Premonition would win. What a nice surprise.
Well, if the game's really good then I won't care much, it's when we have bee lines to games already dirt cheap or everyone owns that I get really agitated, but this is a mild case of the former at worst and absolutely not the latter at all.
Dream looks interesting, but as a general rule unless something really, really interests me I stay away from early access games. I still think it's odd early access games are even a part of these Steam sales, but that's a separate discussion.
Well, some may be complete in one way like SP or MP and are adding the other Unepic is an example of that for example, SP is done and the price will even go up with MP's completion so I guess it's more that early buyers are rewarded with an extra mode for free.

Aaron

Is the voting wired for the least amount of votes to win? Because every winner has been the one least likely so far. It's just bizarre.

GAF needs to stop voting for stuff we like.

Indeed. Watching the results closely over the years I have concluded there is a big community out there reading Gaf and similar websites and then trolling the shit out of the votes to make sure the wrong one wins.

Lets all play it smart for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom