• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, Galactic Civilizations 2 was on sale? How much? -75%? Fuck.

time to get endless space instead o/

Do+It.gif

Thanks for clearing that up. It's a pity, I was under impression that crashes got fixed. Oh well...

Not sure we can call it a shitty port, seeing as it doesn't run that good on PS3 too :)
OTOH the director's cut is a port of sorts, so it is a shitty port.

But does it have random crashes on the PS3?

I could live with a fixed resolution, but random crashes are a No-Go.

Coreda

Quick reminder:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-11971838C4A0889E
Bionic Commando Rearmed -- MB-07524A1A82FAED51
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A45DBE62A0F8CC22

t1388152153z1.png

See original post for edited updates when completed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thank you for the generosity Coreda

fun fact: Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the only game I gave away that I dont actually own. Im a bad person arent I? :(

Oublieux

Well, looks like gifting has slowed down a tad. Time to fix that!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oublieux:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-F732364758132188 - Taken by Thorgal. 6 entrants total.
Eufloria -- MB-F1FC23B5442703B5 - Taken by Jables Swan. 5 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-3D0004746EC25150 - Taken by _hekk05. 2 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-5B001CF058534592 - Taken by Rummy Bunnz. 9 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-C766A148BA1F897E - Taken by Lonewolf_92. 4 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-3B097BC7674FE43A - Taken by Nzyme32. 3 entrants total.

t1388143471z1.png

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Any impressions on Insurgency? I remember enjoying the original mod back in the day, but that seems like such a competitive genre to try and stand out in these days. A multiplayer FPS has to have some compelling hook other than "it's good" to grab my attention.

And yeah. It really works rebooting the PC. I had crashes like every 20-30 minutes before Durante told me to reboot the PC. Now I can play 2-3 hours without any crash.

And people wanted this to win? What the hell?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
some gaffer earlier pointed out that the cool looking strategy game Silent Storm is 2 bucks/euros at GMG with the voucher...

...my question is, if you are reading, how the hell did you find that out? Its not highlighted in any of the publisher tabs on the main page o_O Detective work at its finest I guess
Maybe they had it on their wait list at isthereanydeal.com? That tracks prices at several sites and emails when they drop.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Too much early access in the community votes. :/ I already own Strike Suit Zero but I'll vote for it since it's the only finished game of the three.

Darkroronoa

some gaffer earlier pointed out that the cool looking strategy game Silent Storm is 2 bucks/euros at GMG with the voucher...

...my question is, if you are reading, how the hell did you find that out? Its not highlighted in any of the publisher tabs on the main page o_O Detective work at its finest I guess

http://steamdb.info/sales/
http://isthereanydeal.com/
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/hot/

edit:gah its greenman,my bad,just woke up with the flu ;p

anyway these are all useful links

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys,

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
LEGO Batman
Dead Space

Are currently 50%... any chance of these going higher? Or have they already been higher once?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys,

LEGO Batman
Dead Space

Are currently 50%... any chance of these going higher? Or have they already been higher once?

Even if they have been featured already, the answer is the same: yes, there's a chance, but it can't be quantified to any meaningful degree. Just wait.

Lain

Maybe he had it on his isthereanydeal waitlist. I had Desperados and Expeditions: Conquistador on there, and that's how I was notified about the 1.24€ and 4.99€ deals from GMG.

MarionCB

I was interested in Deadly Premonition, despite its obvious flaws, and the Twin Peaks comparison entices me, but I simply won't buy a game that regularly crashes. No way. I'll re-consider if it ever gets properly fixed. (Ha).

Nzyme32

I was looking up Mafia 2 after remembering how much fun I had with Mafia 1, but then discovered Mafia 1 is no longer for sale on steam. I wonder what happened? At least it's still in my library

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I think I know the response to this question but I'll ask anyway.

Just got a new laptop for Crimbo, W8 and has a touch screen so I was wondering, are there any games on Steam that make good use of a touch screen? Not that I'm only interested in touch screen games but I thought, hey, if you've got it, why not see what makes the best use of it.

Also a newbie to Steam, downloaded a few demos and got L4D2 free the other day, what is the one game every Steam users should have?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
To be fair about Deadly Premonition, the only reason I'm interested is because of GAF (the reception the game got here + Durante's fix). Otherwise I would just think it looks like a bad game. I'm guessing the metascore turns people off too.

I don't think it being a bad port has much of an influence on it losing the vote. Dream won and it's currently incomplete and filled with bugs and glitches. Yeah, the game is in alpha and it will all be fixed, but still, this kind of thing doesn't seem to affect most people's purchases/votes.

Lingitiz

Just finished Gunpoint after getting it in the summer sale. Great game with some interesting mechanics and a cool story, although a bit too short (3+ hours). Everyone should pick it up if it gets a daily.

Rhaknar

Guys,

LEGO Batman
Dead Space

Burnout is on sale 75% almost every sale
Lego Batman sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt
Dead Space was on sale when Dead Space 2 was during the flash deal

Rhaknar

Maybe he had it on his isthereanydeal waitlist. I had Desperados and Expeditions: Conquistador on there, and that's how I was notified about the 1.24€ and 4.99€ deals from GMG.

EXPEDITION 75% why dont people tell me these things! Insta bought

Rhaknar

Don't forget the 20% coupon, so it goes down to 4€.

yup. anything else "hidden" on GMG?

PS: I still hate that you cant use vouchers for multiple items, having to buy game by game is shit for cards that get nervous for multiple small movements

Ok thanks. I just checked their fb page and some other spaniards are having problems too so I guess there is a problem here. Anyway thanks!!

Hope everything gets sorted out for you soon :)

Uplay... :p

I bought FarCry 3 from GMG a few days ago: partly because it was cheaper than Steam, but also because I thought it might reduce any potential complications arising from having to use both Steam AND Uplay for the game. While actually nothing went wrong during installation, boy did it make me appreciate just how smooth the process of downloading and playing a game through Steam generally is!

EDIT:

Alien8 said:
Heh... I bougth Anno 2070 yesterday and played for about an hour but steam still says I'm playing it :p

Haha! It was actually you I was referring to on my list! (And btw I love your username and avatar!)

redfirm

Banned
GUYS GUYS i need some good games with a great story. can you guys recommend a few which are currently on sale. thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom