• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Woke up to see that Deadly Premonition had lost, unsurprisingly... I'm not sure what to vote for today.

There's also still a few keys from my earlier giveaway still left here, congrats to all the winners.

Coen

Oh ffs, bought Blood Dragon, need to login to uplay for it to start. Can't remember my password, password retrieval leads to a 404 page. Tried going to the regular uplay page, which supposedly send me a mail to retrieve my password, but two hours later and I still haven't received that mail or been able to play Blood Dragon. Thanks Ubi.

edit: tried again and gotten the mail instantly

TGMIII

really, i didnt know dark souls had a story, saw it more as a hardcore challenge game>?

The souls series delivers the story to you by showing not telling. You'll be able to piece together everything by talking to NPCs, reading item descriptions and some digging. It's one of the more under-appreciated aspects of the series.

redfirm

Banned
DAMMNITTT you guys are soo close on making me buy dark souls, IF I SEE 1 MORE GOOD ARGUMENT WHY ITS FUN I AM SOO BUYING THIS GAME

Raxus

really, i didnt know dark souls had a story, saw it more as a hardcore challenge game>?

Watching
and even playing
Dark Souls will only give you a small taste of the story woven into the world and NPC's. There are whole series dedicated to the Dark Souls mythos on youtube if you are ever curious when you get deeply involved in the game.

Thanks for batman AC.

Haven't been able to redeem it yet As steam is having issues again.
Yeah, I can't finish my badges steam is running so sloooooow.

Thorgal

Watching
and even playing
Dark Souls will only give you a small taste of the story woven into the world and NPC's. There are whole series dedicated to the Dark Souls mythos on youtube if you are ever curious when you get deeply involved in the game.

Yeah, I can't finish my badges steam is running so sloooooow.

I just get "Webpage not available "

You finaly win a game you always wanted and then this happens .

WHY HAS MY GOD GABEN FORSAKEN ME ?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone else can't add friends? It keeps sending me to the Steam front page...

The_Monk

DAMMNITTT you guys are soo close on making me buy dark souls, IF I SEE 1 MORE GOOD ARGUMENT WHY ITS FUN I AM SOO BUYING THIS GAME

I'm a bad player at games that are hard. I took my time with Dark Souls and I managed to finish it this month. It was simply the most rewarding experience on a videogame. Seeing the final credits made me feel so satisfied with the game that I even tried a little bit of New Game +

The Community online is amazing and very helpful, it was with them that I managed to kill some harder bosses (harder for me) and they are amazing. Some even sent me some messages with tips on how to go for the boss next time I want to go alone. The Soundtrack is incredible, one of the best I've heard. For the price you will be getting an enjoyable experience that will last long both in your hands and in your memory. It's the best price I've seen for a game like this and don't be afraid of being too hard, it's not. It's just that modern games hold your hand so much that when they don't it's like how you forgot to play a game that do not have a constant "beep" on your radar or an arrow indicating the way you should go for your next mission.

Get it, play it, engage with the amazing online Community with the Online signs and the Summons, it's great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lain where are you, I need more GMG hidden deals, this money wont spend itself :(

Jusoni

Thought I'd quickly see what Cook, Serve, Delicious! was all about...
Three hours later I'm a proud owner of a 1-star restaurant and over thousand customers served. This game is so damn awesome, I fear I'm gonna be cooking all night long.

AHA-Lambda

Dream looks pretty gorgeous. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

It's an episodic early access game with only the first episode available.

Looks nice, played it at Eurogamer last year, seems really thin gameplay wise and didn't show much if a story from that vertical slice. Wasn't too impressed, and I was intrigued by it before.

Slyjss

Short raffle (I'm not even sure there's going to be more than 1 entry)!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Slyjss:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The 39 Steps -- MB-E53488F9078BB950 - Taken by Evo X. 5 entrants total.

t1388146352z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How many days left? It feels like the sale could go on forever

ends on the 3rd, which means the 2nd is the last day of deals. Assuming the last day is repeats like with every sale, there are 6 days left of new deals (including today)

Knurek

I'm a bad player at games that are hard. I took my time with Dark Souls and I managed to finish it this month. It was simply the most rewarding experience on a videogame. Seeing the final credits made me feel so satisfied with the game that I even tried a little bit of New Game +

The_Monk (or anyone else), can you give me some hints/primers for Sen's Fortress? I've conquered Blighttown ages ago, traveled there thinking 'Phew, it's gonna be easy from now on, no more constant poison' and got promptly murdered by those lizardmen.
I still want to play the game, just need some... uh... prodding to do so. :)

Rhaknar

Dark Souls is easily my GOTG, and im not hardcore at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom