• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam was acting weird about 30 minutes ago. Couldn't check my inventory or times played on any of my games. Store page said I wasn't connected to the internet. Not sure why it was happening.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steam was acting weird about 30 minutes ago. Couldn't check my inventory or times played on any of my games. Store page said I wasn't connected to the internet. Not sure why it was happening.

Half Life 3

Nabs

So how do you get 60fps and no screen tearing in Dark Souls?

First set the game to windowed mode, then set dsfix to borderless windowed. For 60 you have to unlock the fps and set 60 as the cap.

edit: oh. I'm assuming you already have dsfix. grab it from the link below if you don't.

Evo X

So Dream let's you select an internal rendering resolution of 4K which I downsample to 1080P

SWEET BABY JESUS that IQ!

sweet-baby-jesus-65481463267.jpeg

Wish every game would let you do that. My 120hz monitor can only downsample from a max of 2880x1620 through the Nvidia Control Panel.

leng jai

First set the game to windowed mode, then set dsfix to borderless windowed. For 60 you have to unlock the fps and set 60 as the cap.

edit: oh. I'm assuming you already have dsfix. grab it from the link below if you don't.

I've done all this but my game still tears like a mofo :/

So Dream let's you select an internal rendering resolution of 4K which I downsample to 1080P

SWEET BABY JESUS that IQ!

sweet-baby-jesus-65481463267.jpeg

Wish every game would let you do that. My 120hz monitor can only downsample from a max of 2880x1620 through the Nvidia Control Panel.
Internal resolution needs to be the standard.

kAmui-

How are the Kane and Lynch games in co-op? I've been looking for a good co-op game to play with my friend and those seem like they could be kinda fun. At least for the price they are going for now.

masterkajo

I've done all this but my game still tears like a mofo :/

I found that for no screen tearing in windowed mode, you have to have Windows Aero on. You could also try to use D3DOverride which never failed me so far to prevent screen tearing in fullscreen mode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there an option so steam doesnt email you every time you sell an item?

Miletius

Both Steam Marines and Kinetic Void look interesting enough to select for the next flash sale. I might end up buying both regardless.

Since Dark Souls keeps getting brought up, thought I'd ask real quick - Did GFWL ever get patched out like Batman and Bioshock? If not, may plans for it?

I've owned Dark Souls for about a year, but have never played it mainly due to GFWL.

Knurek

My 5850 handled that like a pro, so it's probably not that. You guys can also use triple buffering with d3doverrider.

Any link for that? Googling d3doverrider gives mostly forum posts with people asking where you can download it. ;)

Won Dark Souls yesterday thanks to Creamium and played about 2 hours of it last night for the first time....

Imagine+playing+Starfox+in+it+_eab1e912eff69260e4b431ec6a6e21bc.png

Edit: PS: First time using GFWL too. AND FUCK IT TO PIECES. Xbox live environment on a PC? Never remembering it's me and signing in every time? Made two new accounts just to use it? Such bs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How are the Kane and Lynch games in co-op? I've been looking for a good co-op game to play with my friend and those seem like they could be kinda fun. At least for the price they are going for now.
This is my opinion of the first game, from almost three months ago: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85041569&postcount=11734

It isn't a bad game, but it surely feels like one at times. It's mediocre and deeply flawed, but if you have a friend at home and have a couple of hours to spare (or waste, if you want to look at it that waste), it's not a terribly bad choice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Somebody asked earlier what happened to The Movies (I can't find the post otherwise I would have quoted it). Basically, soon after MS purchased Lionhead in 2006, Acti's publishing contract expired and MS never got around to putting it back up.

Wolf09 is a similar story (the rights defaulted back to Bethesda last May since Zenimax owns id and Bethesda, also a Zenimax subsidiary, handles the publishing side of things), with the difference being that despite Zenimax owning the Wolf IP, the game was developed by Raven, an Acti-owned studio, meaning two competing publishers have to agree on a revenue split. The two did come to agreement vis-a-vis Quake 4 so, considering the impending release of Wolf: The New Order, I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't taken the initiative to get 09 back on Steam. Oh, and "blah blah where the hell is Quake Wars blah blah".

Somebody asked earlier what happened to The Movies (I can't find the post otherwise I would have quoted it). Basically, soon after MS purchased Lionhead in 2006, Acti's publishing contract expired and MS never got around to putting it back up.

Wolf09 is a similar story (the rights defaulted back to Bethesda last May since Zenimax owns id and Bethesda, also a Zenimax subsidiary, handles the publishing side of things), with the difference being that despite Zenimax owning the Wolf IP, the game was developed by Raven, an Acti-owned studio, meaning two competing publishers have to agree on a revenue split. The two did come to agreement vis-a-vis Quake 4 so, considering the impending release of Wolf: The New Order, I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't taken the initiative to get 09 back on Steam. Oh, and "blah blah where the hell is Quake Wars blah blah".

I want Prey back on steam :(

Any link for that? Googling d3doverrider gives mostly forum posts with people asking where you can download it. ;)

I use RadeonPro as well since it has some other useful features, but you can get d3doverrider from guru3d. It comes bundled with Riva Tuner. You will find d3doverrider under the Tools directory.

yamo

It's apparently one of, if not the, most polarizing games out there. It certainly looks unique.

If you liked Twin Peaks, you might like Deadly Premonition.

Story is genuinely enjoyable for those who like off kilter surreal stuff, and the gameplay is surprisingly solid.

As a game is pretty bad, but the characters, the story, the quirkiness and the atmosphere make it an amazing experience.

From what I understood, it's good if you can stand the game crashing a lot and having to reboot your PC every 8 hours.
That would drive me insane personally.

It's pretty much the game version of Twin Peaks minus some mediocre horror survivor segments. The game shines in its roster of unique, bizarre and interesting characters including a huge rural town waiting to be explored. It got a detective/serial killer plot which is really interesting!

Overall it's an extremely unique game, I don't think I have ever played something quite like it.

Hmm sounds interesting. I did like Twin Peaks after all... however I liked it better before it became all crazy with dreams and stuff. Will probably bite if it's a daily deal or flash sale at some point!

Colin.

Didn't know there was still retail copies around.

I ordered a bunch of copies for people previously. And I also still have the physical copies lying around. I wonder if the key would still work for regular non-steam installs, does anyone know if they would? I also may order another batch, if there is enough demand, I prefer just dealing with a bunch at the one time.

Garcia

Guys, gonna buy the Trine Complete set but I was wondering if it's already been featured as a flash sale. If that's not the case then maybe I'll wait until it shows up. Hopefully they'll put several other games on that list again.

I ordered a bunch for people previously. And I also still have the physical copies lying around, I wonder if the key would still work for regular non-steam installs. Does anyone know if they would? I also may order another batch, if there is enough demand, I prefer just dealing with a bunch at the one time.

If you do I'd definitely want one copy.

styl3s

I feel that multiple games binded to one key should be outlawed ny steam.
It's such bullshit and the main reason why my steam account became everything including the kitchen sink.
Or steam should implement a thing where if you redeem a multi game key and you already own X it will send X to your inventory to trade/sell/gift. Like they did with HL2 on the orange box.

That's the only solution i can think of that would work because they wont outright ban them and places won't stop doing them.

Rhaknar

Guys, gonna buy the Trine Complete set but I was wondering if it's already been featured as a flash sale. If that's not the case then maybe I'll wait until it shows up. Hopefully they'll put several other games on that list again.

it was a flash deal at least, that i know

Interfectum

Me this morning:

Ok even-though I've already beat Dark Souls on 360 and put 120+ hours into it I think I'll go ahead and finally grab Dark Souls for PC.

"You already own Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition"

Steam.

>.<

Rhaknar

Or steam should implement a thing where if you redeem a multi game key and you already own X it will send X to your inventory to trade/sell/gift. Like they did with HL2 on the orange box.

That's the only solution i can think of that would work because they wont outright ban them and places won't stop doing them.

"Steam" (as in Valve) can't do anything about that, that is solely on the publishers

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Me this morning:

Ok even-though I've already beat Dark Souls on 360 and put 120+ hours into it I think I'll go ahead and finally grab Dark Souls for PC.

"You already own Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition"

Steam.

>.<

Hahah I've done this. I don't even know what games I have anymore

*Wakes up early to buy Deadly Premonition since it clearly should win the community vote"

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, This is worse than when Kentucky Route Zero lost to Dragon's Lair during this years summer sale.

I'm so upset right now, was so looking forward to getting Deadly Premonition for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom