• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Giveaway ends in a few hours time gang~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve Delicious -- MB-AEDD9EDB7963C992

header_292x136.jpg

Castle of Illusion HD -- MB-FDC0B3F9404FA51B

t1388164664z1.png

Zeliard

I can write for miles on end about Dark Souls but I figured I have said all I needed to in the many Dark Souls LTTP threads and Dark Souls bitching threads.

Quick tips:

Endurance blows, only stat you should avoid.

I'm terrified that people are going to read this and follow it.

Just a note to anyone who read that post and hasn't seen the follow-ups correcting the grave error: Endurance is one of the most critically important stats in the game. Resistance is the one you want to ignore.

Me this morning:

Ok even-though I've already beat Dark Souls on 360 and put 120+ hours into it I think I'll go ahead and finally grab Dark Souls for PC.

"You already own Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition"

Steam.

>.<

Happens to the best (or is it worst?) of us. It's a sign that you should play that particular game ;)

I know this came up ~10 pages ago. But Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death is $3.75 over at Amazon. If you enjoy "character action" games like God of War, Dante's Inferno, etc, you *need* this game. It's... hilariously competent. Like, given what was surely a small budget game that seemed to start life as an XBLA game, it has no right to be as fantastic as it is. The graphics are actually pretty good! The environments are nuts and consistently over the top! The gameplay is actually aping God of War really well, something a lot of games have failed to do! And it doesn't take itself seriously AT ALL.

Seriously, go buy this game. It's cheaper than one damn beer!

I just got home, its 1:40 am here in Sydney. I'm drunk as fuck, when I left the office at 5:30pm I had voted for Deadly Premonition but there was a few hours left and Spelunky was the previous winner.

Did Deadly Premonition win? Goddamn it, was the one game I really wanted this sale.

Did anyone else in Australia buy an Xbox 360 4GB with $100 cash back?

I bought it on the Microsoft website for $169 (delivery included) with Gears 3 and Gears Judgment included and after cashback, it will be $69. Not bad even if I don't want anything to do with an Xbox but will use it as a media player and will now search the used bins at EB games for Banjo, Halo and Crackdown.

redfirm

Banned
Ooof, maybe a mod can help out? I mean come on we forget games we actually bought on Steam when we see them go for like 90% off >_>

its oke, thanks. i will live with my mistake and let another guy enjoy one of these games. thank you so much tought

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did anyone else in Australia buy an Xbox 360 4GB with $100 cash back?.

I've been meaning to sell mine (20GB Pro + ~18 retail games). I haven't touched the thing since Gears 3 released... which I didn't even finish, plus many if not most of the games I own for it I now have on the PC. I'm super hesitant when it comes to selling a system that lacks decent emulation on the PC, though, since there's nagging voice at the back my head whispering, "You never know when you'll want to play an exclusive!"

DasFool

Any recommendations for Valdis Story? I like action RPG oriented games like Ys and Dust. Should I wait for a larger discount or buy it now? Granted, I do have a lot of wallet credit from TF2 items...

redfirm

Banned
Any recommendations for Valdis Story? I like action RPG oriented games like Ys and Dust. Should I wait for a larger discount or buy it now? Granted, I do have a lot of wallet credit from TF2 items...

DONT YOU DARE TOUCH THAT GAME...DONT YOU DARE, SON!

The_Monk

Just a note to anyone who read that post and hasn't seen the follow-ups correcting the grave error: Endurance is one of the most critically important stats in the game. Resistance is the one you want to ignore.

I agree with this fine fellow GAFfer. I never put any points towards Resistance but Endurance? That's mandatory. It's one of those skills that. when fighting, a bit more of Endurance/Stamina can make a difference between getting that one final hit to my enemy and kill him or be killed.

Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive is $1 at GMG. Also Silent Storm is $2.49 with the voucher: GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49. Ended up about $3.24 for both. they both come with Steam codes.

Garcia

I'm new to Steam's holiday sales. I suppose the best deals tend to show up quite late if not at the very last day of the season? Are they unpredictable? For now I'm gonna focus on the flash sales, daily choices and some temporal discounts.

Jawmuncher

I'm new to Steam's holiday sales. I suppose the best deals tend to show up quite late if not at the very last day of the season? Are they unpredictable? For now I'm gonna focus on the flash sales, daily choices and some temporal discounts.

Don't bother with those unless it's a game you are fairly certain won't get a daily or flash.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
How much off was Cook Serve Delicious in the flash deal? It's 50% off now as a regular.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
$3.00 with GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

I wonder if it's any good.

The Adam Sessler review made it look decent and it was one of his favourite games of the year. If I had more time to diversify the games I played, I'd be picking it up. For $3.00 it'd be hard to pass up if you like the indie puzzle/platform genre

Edit: Wrong game...thanks to honorless for pointing that out (next page)

Mihos

Gold Member

I would have posted this myself, if I wasn't to busy cleaning all the coffee I spit out on my monitor when I read the original post.

Shepard

Have Steam, GMG, Amazon or Gamersgate had any good prices on the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim yet?
I bought Dragonborn on Amazon when it was 75% off a few weeks ago. The house DLC is usually 75% when it goes on sale. Dawnguard was 50% off tops, I think.

I've been meaning to sell mine (20GB Pro + ~18 retail games). I haven't touched the thing since Gears 3 released... which I didn't even finish, plus many if not most of the games I own for it I now have on the PC. I'm super hesitant when it comes to selling a system that lacks decent emulation on the PC, though, since there's nagging voice at the back my head whispering, "You never know when you'll want to play an exclusive!"

Just how many exclusives is the Xbox360 gonna have in future? Just googled the current exclusives and the list is less than stellar.......

Gears, Fable, Forza, Halo..........

hercules-disappointed-o.gif

kAmui-

Do Amazon downloads still work outside the US if you've got a fake US address?
Thinking of Anno 2070. It's the same as on Steam, only in dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00657AVMO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BZCX3MO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've bought Far Cry 3 using US address and it works. Bought Fable too and was able to redeem it so I assume it works too. All I changed was city, state, zip code and country. Didn't even have to change the street address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom