• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakkidis

How are your game categories set up? I'm still trying to figure out the best categories for my games. Right now its 2d sidescroller, first person shooter, third person shooter, action/adventure, point and click adventure, rpg, puzzle, strategy, racing , and fighting.

Is their anyway to have categories in Grid view as well? As far as I can see all it does is put it alphabetically.

Lain

Any recommendations for Valdis Story? I like action RPG oriented games like Ys and Dust. Should I wait for a larger discount or buy it now? Granted, I do have a lot of wallet credit from TF2 items...

Valdis is great. You'll very much like it given you like Ys and Dust. You can wait to see if it ends up as a flash or daily or something, to get a better discount than the actual 40%. After all you got until the last day of sales.

nl57x.jpg

SOOOONNNN

gDyNeGk.gif

kAmui-

Finally got home from visiting relatives for christmas. Just fired up my pc and started downloading over 30 gigs of games (thanks Max Payne 3). I'll probably start with Guacamelee or Shadowrun Returns. Or Trials Evolution... All these choices!

denx

I wish Steam would allow moving games around in your library. Having the Doom games spread out all over your library is terrible. :/

Nzyme32

I can't sell cards until the 16th of January, but can I trade them?

I have a few duplicates to trade.

I missed the conversation. Why not?

Also you're kind of fucked (assuming you mean winter sale cards), the cards will literally disappear at the end of the sale, so I imagine prices will inflate towards the last day and thats that

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Anyone have a spare snow globe #2? I have a #7 I could trade for it. My account is still locked out of the marketplace because I used Paypal for wallet funding.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Thanks for this, might grab this if there's nothing special on Dailies today.

Decided to start playing Fallout 2 for the first time woot

Well, there's only an hour window between the new dailies starting and the Humble Store updating. So you know.

legacyzero

Banned
How is Insurgency and Steam Marines??

Insurgency looks kinda fun for another military shooter. And Steam Marines' concept sounds awesome! Jasec, I see you have it. Good??

Turfster

Good, one less DRM layer.
Amazon also has a better customer service reputation than Steam. If it doesn't work I'll request a refund until I get one.

There's a 30% chance TAGES rapes your system and uPlay is down half the time.
Just saying. Of the possible DRMs, Steam was the most innocuous.

dosh

You should try the resolution trick I mentioned.

The game is a total blast, super fun. I had friends over on Thanksgiving and we played 4 player Trials and when I got the framerate right things were running smoothly and we all had a hell of a time.

Ho I will. I would love to play this with friends. Thanks for the tip :)

There's a 30% chance TAGES rapes your system and uPlay is down half the time.
Just saying. Of the possible DRMs, Steam was the most innocuous.

The Steam version still has all those, so says Enhanced Steam.
Amazon's the lesser of two evils. Or well, the third evil is to never play the game I guess.

Steam is probably quicker though. Geez. Download, extract, install, patch. Looks like the patching' might take an hour or something at 70-400kB/s.
And now it's patching the Deep Ocean DLC separately. This is all so fascinatingly stupid.
I betcha after all this is finally done; crash to desktop.

Ensirius

I missed the conversation. Why not?

Also you're kind of fucked (assuming you mean winter sale cards), the cards will literally disappear at the end of the sale, so I imagine prices will inflate towards the last day and thats that

This whole Steam policy where if you haven't bought games in the last "x" time you will not be able to sell or buy anything from the Steam Tradeable market until a month has past from your firsdt game bought on the store. Which for me would be the date I mentioned...

I can receive trades, I just don't know if I can exchange my duplicate cards for others?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I haven't heard any serious complaints about Valdis Story. PixyJunket and Boss Doggie are pretty big fans. Seems like a good bet if you're into Ys.

The Adam Sessler review made it look decent and it was one of his favourite games of the year. If I had more time to diversify the games I played, I'd be picking it up. For $3.00 it'd be hard to pass up if you like the indie puzzle/platform genre
I was like "What the fuck, has Sessler gone absolutely mad?" then a quick Googling revealed that you also got Two Brothers mixed up with Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

The GB quicklook didn't do Two Brothers any favors. Sloppy sprite art and while I don't remember many typographical or spelling errors, the awkward dialogue and poor storytelling gave me the initial impression that the writer(s?) weren't native English speakers. (And sadly, I was wrong about that.) There also appear to be some pretty serious bugs if you check the forum.

I'm waiting for the Groupees bundle or $1 on IndieGameStand, personally. I can't believe they didn't discount their game AT ALL for the winter sale—that's some brass balls. I seriously wonder if Ackk Studios is half-banking on people continuing to get their game mixed up with Starbreeze's.

I've come to accept early access... but so many early access games being sold this sale it is quite nuts. The current vote is between 2 early access games and one that reminds me of gundam... I kinda hope the non-early access game wins.

BorntoPlay

I won thinking it was the first RED FACTION, oh well... thanks to wok!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Red Faction Armageddon -- MB-AC9A6C2E44C1040D - Taken by Kirosia

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
never gonna sell this rise of the triad foil :(

deroli

How are your game categories set up? I'm still trying to figure out the best categories for my games. Right now its 2d sidescroller, first person shooter, third person shooter, action/adventure, point and click adventure, rpg, puzzle, strategy, racing , and fighting.

I started categorizing my games yesterday and used a genre based approach in the beginning, too. But I completely revised the classification and decided to use other criteria: Games I've finished/ likely never play (again)/ I'm playing currently and those I've yet to install.
Seems to work better for me.

Turfster

The Steam version still has all those, so says Enhanced Steam.
Amazon's the lesser of two evils. Or well, the third evil is to never play the game I guess.
Oh, it does, which is why I haven't bought the game and will never play it.
I feel sorry for BlueByte, but fuck giving Ubi any of my money for this bullshit that only hurts people that actually buy the game.

I categorize as adventure clickers, beta (for the random betas I seem to get), competitive MP, indie, puzzle, RPG, RTS, Singleplayer, new games (default category til I categorize). Then I add favorites to games I am currently playing. This seems to cover just about everything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Categories?

Playing, Not Played, Done With / Finished

I keep it simple

Nabs

Remember people: if you have any Dark Souls issues (dsfix and other mods), now is a pretty good time to ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom