• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started categorizing my games yesterday and used a genre based approach in the beginning, too. But I completely revised the classification and decided to use other criteria: Games I've finished/ likely never play (again)/ I'm playing currently and those I've yet to install.
Seems to work better for me.

My categories are set up based on franchise. That's a lot of categories but it looks nice in the end and everything can be found relatively easily. For example:

Half-Life
  • Half-Life
  • Half-Life 2
  • etc.
Team Fortress
  • Team Fortress Classic
  • Team Fortress 2

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Am I crazy, or does Cook Serve Delicious use the Bad Rats font for the text that flashes at the start and end?

Coreda

Curious when the next Steam sale will be on, as I'm on the fence about Dark Souls. Not particularly taken by the difficulty aspect or fantasy setting, but it has me curious.

Really hoping CD Projekt's cyberpunk game ends up being my kind of thing, but it's a ways off.

InertiaXr

How is Sanctum 2? I heard from pre-release info it was much more FPS-y than tower defense-y compared to Sanctum 1, so that kind of turned me off from looking more into it around release, but I sure did like Sanctum 1 a lot...Is 2 and the season pass maps stuff worth just under $7?

Oh, it does, which is why I haven't bought the game and will never play it.
I feel sorry for BlueByte, but fuck giving Ubi any of my money for this bullshit that only hurts people that actually buy the game.
Fair enough. I ran out of patience, and at this price it's easier to justify a purchase.

How is Sanctum 2? I heard from pre-release info it was much more FPS-y than tower defense-y compared to Sanctum 1, so that kind of turned me off from looking more into it around release, but I sure did like Sanctum 1 a lot...Is 2 and the season pass maps stuff worth just under $7?

I personally love Sanctum 2. I just picked up the season pack and skin pack today. My friends and I have been playing it with all the feats of strength on for the past few weeks and it can get pretty intense and is really fun. There definitely still is a big tower defense aspect to it.

People say the FPS aspect is in play more in this game because it has been improved and your weapons have a bigger effect on the outcome of the wave than in Sanctum 1. In the first game there were times were you never had to fire your weapon which rendered the whole idea of a FPS tower defense almost useless. The idea in the second game was to balance things out and I think they did a great job. I recommend it, especially if you have some buddies to play with (up to 4 player coop).

redfirm

Banned
does anybody have a list of all these gamesites with deals. i only know of steam humblebundle, greenmangaming, thats it.

Shepard

does anybody have a list of all these gamesites with deals. i only know of steam humblebundle, greenmangaming, thats it.

The sites I use: Steam, greenmangaming, gamersgate, nuuvem, getgamesgo, amazon, gog and the humble store. If you want to check them all there's the isthereanydeal site and cheapshark.

Is There Any Deal

If you import your wishlist and add the option for Steam redeemable you will get updates on every game from all those sites as well as historical price lows and other information. I just found this a week ago and it's pretty awesome.

Hawkie

Just bought the DLC for Van Helsing on Steam and received a thank you email from Neocore with a Bonus Kit DLC, which contains a Unique Item and a Special Aura!

Activated it on Steam (no name just stub). Really nice gesture from the developer.

Coldsnap

Hows Rise of Flight's controller support? I see it has full controller support but hows the experience with a controller only? Thanks!

Prophane33

gamersgate is alright. I mean, you can get Battlefield 3 for 3.99. They used to be better about deals in the past (or at least it felt that way to me) these days their deals are hit or miss; unfortunately, 98% are miss these days but you can find some great deals and a lot of titles that aren't sold elsewhere (not everything redeems on Steam)

If you don't know about GOG then I feel sorry for you.

Cth

What's so good about cook serve delicious?

For me, it was a couple of things..

- It's challenging without being overwhelming.
- The simulation aspect keeps you immersed in the game world (READ: Controls feel organic as opposed to arbitrary. Washing a dish, for example, has you scrubbing back and forth with two opposing keys, etc.)
- You don't have to be perfect, but bonuses are there for those who can do it.
- Customization. Making your own menu, etc. Unlocking new menu items through purchasing new kitchen equipment.
- Non-cooking related gameplay (email, police sketches/robberies/etc)
- Captures the feeling of the setting well. Rewarding gameplay makes you feel like you could actually cook this stuff. Being able to keep up with rush hour orders adds to that feeling of accomplishment.
- Fun characters.
- Nice price, replayability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom