• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

I've made a HUGE mistake.

I told my gf of this cool game that she would appreciate for sure, Cook Serve Delicious, and that she totally had to check it out via family sharing.

Well.
Apparently I'm not the owner of my own account anymore.

Chubigans, you better be in the repeats allowing me to buy it to her! :D

Lain

Just bought the DLC for Van Helsing on Steam and received a thank you email from Neocore with a Bonus Kit DLC, which contains a Unique Item and a Special Aura!

Activated it on Steam (no name just stub). Really nice gesture from the developer.

I received nothing of the sort for purchasing the DLC, how comes?!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a chance the M&MX early access will get a little cheaper?

That Warhammer: Dawn of War II Master Collection at 75% off for $15 is rather tempting. I've heard really good things about it... sort of "it's an RTS for people who don't like RTSs" or "It's an RTS minus the base building and production management stuff", which kind of sounds up my alley.

Anyone have any experience?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That Warhammer: Dawn of War II Master Collection at 75% off for $15 is rather tempting. I've heard really good things about it... sort of "it's an RTS for people who don't like RTSs" or "It's an RTS minus the base building and production management stuff", which kind of sounds up my alley.

It pretty much is what you said. It almost rides the line between an action/RPG like Diablo and an RTS in the way it plays. Something to consider is that it is a GFWL game and I would imagine there's next to no plans on removing it.

Quick question; is getloadedgo reliable? Never heard of it before and want to use the deal to buy some games.

edit: also any vouchers by any chance?

It's reliable, they're run by getgamesgo.com which is a legitimate retailer. Get Loaded is an occasional sale they run, usually create your own sale bundle like this.

I'm interested in Ironclad Tactics but I get the feeling that I should wait for the iOS version.

And anyone on the fence for Payday 2... It's a fun little L4D-type that is good at its sale price point. Simply letting the game migrate hosts when the host leaves would be enough to have me enthusiastically recommend it. The only other issue I have is how it sort of dumps you into it. I ended up clicking into random heists with the hope that I could get a solid host with a decent connection that would stay.

Also, don't worry about buying the DLC unless you plan on hosting some. Otherwise, you get access to that content if you join the game of a host that bought it.

I told my gf of this cool game that she would appreciate for sure, Cook Serve Delicious, and that she totally had to check it out via family sharing.

Well.

You'll never be able to.play ETS2 again :(

Well.

Man that sucks. I missed the sale on thins and really want to get the game :(. Maybe it will come on sale again... Maybe

Honey Bunny

That's exactly what it is, which makes a DoW fanboy sad. Get Dark Crusade for a pittance instead!

Li Kao

This is an amazing post. Expected from Li Kao himself. :)

I think I'm blushing so hard you could see me in the dark.

ive got some bad news for you..

I don't want to spoil anything, so I will keep it vague but anyone who played Demon's Soul will understand I think. Are you saying some boss in Dark Soul share THIS specific power ? I mean King Allant is no threat in himself, there is just this insanely thing he likes to do pretty often that...

Cth

Well.

I had a similar experience with the iPad version.

A week later I got it back :D

Loving Bastion, nice pick up.
Even with my basic laptop I get to enjoy this sales with older games and indie games.

Will build my new rig next year, will see how everything pans out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm kind of glad Deadly Premonition didn't get the $10 sale, I don't think those guys should be rewarded for making one of the worst ports imaginable. Once it hits sub-$5 I'd say go for it, though.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm kind of glad Deadly Premonition didn't get the $10 sale, I don't think those guys should be rewarded for making one of the worst ports imaginable. Once it hits sub-$5 I'd say go for it, though.

I agree with this post, the port was god awful and they don't really deserve ten bucks for it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I agree with this post, the port was god awful and they don't really deserve ten bucks for it

PC gamers have battered wife syndrome with japanese developers, no matter how much they beat us, we always tell the cops we fell down the stairs because deep down we are desperate for them to stick around :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feel like I'm the only person who only thought the Deadly Premonition PC port was okay... It's not a good port, but I've played far, far worse. But then in the 23 hours I've played it the only issue I've run into it is the game crashing twice, and one was pre-patch. With fixed controller support, and Durante's resolution fix, it does run at a steady 60 FPS and the only issue it has to my knowledge is it crashing once in a while.

Cheddahz

Banned
I feel like I'm the only person who only thought the Deadly Premonition PC port was okay... It's not a good port, but I've played far, far worse. But then in the 23 hours I've played it the only issue I've run into it is the game crashing twice, and one was pre-patch. With fixed controller support, and Durante's resolution fix, it does run at a steady 60 FPS and the only issue it has to my knowledge is it crashing once in a while.
It's not the fact that it's an alright port, but they advertised a lot of things on the store page they didn't live up to, which is a huge blow to the people that pre-ordered the game. What Durante did to the game was excellent and I respect him a whole lot, but every Japanese developer shouldn't depend on him

yep

rising star or whoever deserve as little money as possible for their pathetic handling of the director's cut both on ps3 and pc

in fact, swery mentioned on his twitter that they didn't have the funding to fix the ps3 version. now i dunno how much the patch fees are on ps3 but surely they could've fixed some of the game's most basic problems on the pc release, lawl nope. then durante does it for free.

redfirm

Banned

gamersgate is alright. I mean, you can get Battlefield 3 for 3.99. They used to be better about deals in the past (or at least it felt that way to me) these days their deals are hit or miss; unfortunately, 98% are miss these days but you can find some great deals and a lot of titles that aren't sold elsewhere (not everything redeems on Steam)

If you don't know about GOG then I feel sorry for you.

Is There Any Deal

If you import your wishlist and add the option for Steam redeemable you will get updates on every game from all those sites as well as historical price lows and other information. I just found this a week ago and it's pretty awesome.

The sites I use: Steam, greenmangaming, gamersgate, nuuvem, getgamesgo, amazon, gog and the humble store. If you want to check them all there's the isthereanydeal site and cheapshark.

Amazon has some pretty good stuff going on right now, I think their January deals will be revealed today.

Thanks guys, this is pretty awesome, gonne check them out

Grief.exe

It's not the fact that it's an alright port, but they advertised a lot of things on the store page they didn't live up to, which is a huge blow to the people that pre-ordered the game. What Durante did to the game was excellent and I respect him a whole lot, but every Japanese developer shouldn't depend on him

The Platinum games rep directly asked him to fix the Rising port already.

Cheddahz

Banned
The Platinum games rep directly asked him to fix the Rising port already.

This may seem cool, but my god, they need to actually hire people that can handle their ports with care

I'm not trying to come off as an asshole here, but we can't just cry to Durante every time a port we want doesn't fulfill our exceptions. Developers that are porting their games should know what they are doing and not expect some dude to fix their games for them

Zia

How does Assassin's Creed IV on PC compare to the next-gen console versions? I can't seem to find a reliable comparison online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom