• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Full Spectrum Warrior PC port any good? always wanted to play them on xbox, and GMG has a pack with both quite cheap

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Imagine if Platinum hired Durante.
If Platinum came up to him directly and asked for fixes? They better damn well have hired him as a contractor. Even it was just for 6-8 man-hours or something.

If they really did approach him like that without the intent to pay, that is flat out fucked up.

vg260

How does Assassin's Creed IV on PC compare to the next-gen console versions? I can't seem to find a reliable comparison online.

It's real wonky because it apparently has some messed up vsync option where if it dropd below 60 it drops straight to 30. You need to use some other program to let it vary smoothly. I started, but stopped messing with it.

Grief.exe

Imagine if Platinum hired Durante.

Durante's doctorate has nothing to do with those type of applications. He prefers to stick to the research realm, these fixes are just a hobby.

This may seem cool, but my god, they need to actually hire people that can handle their ports with care

I'm not trying to come off as an asshole here, but we can just cry to Durante every time a port we want doesn't fulfill our exceptions. Developers that are porting their games should know what they are doing and not expect some dude to fix their games for them

The ironic thing is listening to the people with knowledge of this process, like Durante, talk about these issues. They actually can't fathom how these developers keep running into the same roadblocks.

Apparently the DX implementation of resolution is one of the simplest things you can do, their best guess is they keep setting the HUD for certain set ups and not allowing it to scale linearly.

what
when
how

Twitter.

Copons

Yeah but this way we won't be able to say "lololo let's see in how many seconds Durante's gonna fix MGR:R" and then "hey he fixed it in 6 minutes, he totally broke his last record, he's the best".

Thank you Platinum for stealing most of our fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I grabbed them but haven't played them yet.
But when I asked everyone said they worked great.

cheers grabbing them. now I need to find out if the pixeljunk bundle is seperate keys (i tweeted them but no reply) so I can gift monsters here, I only need shooter

Grief.exe

Will Smith from the website Tested has some really good taste. Here is his GOTY list from Giant Bomb

images

The Stanley Parable
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
The Last of Us
Rogue Legacy
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Rymdkapsel
Antichamber
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Grand Theft Auto V

Clawww

played some Volgarr yesterday

I like it. took me way too long to clear Stage 1, though, haha. I hear Stage 2 is the worst so I'm bracing myself...

Leatherface

How does Assassin's Creed IV on PC compare to the next-gen console versions? I can't seem to find a reliable comparison online.

From what I hear there are framerate issues on the PC version. I have not tried it out myself so I can not confirm or deny, however the person who told me does have a fairly high end system.

It's real wonky because it apparently has some messed up vsync option where if it dropd below 60 it drops straight to 30. You need to use some other program to let it vary smoothly. I started, but stopped messing with it.

That's how Vsync works? You usually use triple buffering to alleviate that.

Grief.exe

Force it with Nvidia inspector.

liezryou

From what I hear there are framerate issues on the PC version. I have not tried it out myself so I can not confirm or deny, however the person who told me does have a fairly high end system.

So basically same bullshit as with ACIII. And this is why i will never buy an ubisoft game ever again. There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of posts complaining of this issue on the ubi forums since the release of ACIII. Yet they choose to ignore it and patch 48 core issues with FC3. Priorities ubi, priorities.

Leatherface

So basically same bullshit as with ACIII. And this is why i will never buy an ubisoft game ever again. There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of posts complaining of this issue on the ubi forums since the release of ACIII. Yet they choose to ignore it and patch 48 core issues with FC3. Priorities ubi, priorities.

What pisses me off even more is having to sign up for the stupid uplay service just to play the game. If it wasn't so damn good I wouldn't have even bothered.

I ended up just locking the game to 30, because it was getting too annoying.

kaskade

I've never played Demon Souls or Dark Souls, 6 dollars is pretty tempting though. Not sure if I want to subject myself to that torture though.

I've never played Demon Souls or Dark Souls, 6 dollars is pretty tempting though. Not sure if I want to subject myself to that torture though.

I played through Dark Souls about two months ago, and I've come to the conclusion people like to exaggerate the games difficulty. Admittedly the first fourth of the game can be pretty tough, but after that the game levels out and depending on your build I'd argue is almost easy.

Momentary

Banned
Why don't more people hire the Polish company, QLOC. They do AMAZING PC ports. I would say they are the best in the business. Every game they touch runs like melted butter.

There are companies out there who do wonderful jobs porting games.

I mean Durante is awesome for what one man can do, but QLOC is a team of people and put out ports on another level than everyone else does.

These companies have professional resources out there that they can use. I don't know why they don't utilize them.

KuroNeeko

Finally sat down to play some Dark Souls: PtD on PC but found that my standard, wired 360 controller's left analog stick doesn't work. It works for EVERY other game I have, but not Dark Souls.

Anyone else have that problem? How did you fix it?

Jawmuncher

The difficulty aspect of it I want to say is a bit overblown.
It's more about patience and learning from your mistakes over being hugely difficult.
Granted there are a few cases where that might not be the case but like everything else there's always a way to over come it. Which is why the game is so loved on gaf. the satisfaction of overcoming a situation you were stumped on is second to none in gaming.

styl3s

Has anyone played Ghost Recon Future Soldier? Just finished Blacklist and really enjoyed it, looking to continue my Tom Clancy fix and it's only $9.99.

Nabs

Why don't more people hire the Polish company, QLOC. They do AMAZING PC ports. I would say they are the best in the business. Every game they touch runs like melted butter.

There are companies out there who do wonderful jobs porting games.

I mean Durante is awesome for what one man can do, but QLOC is a team of people and put out ports on another level than everyone else does.

QLOC is a great porting/QA studio. I'm glad Capcom has them on speed dial. They are also handling the Dustforce console port.

I just finished Remember Me (QLOC port), and it was really good. It was a joy playing at 1440p/60fps.

I've sold so many cards that I have a lot of money in my Steam wallet, but I haven't been buying anything on Steam. I've been buying on Amazon, GMG and Humble Store. Steam needs to step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom