• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
Just bought Trine 2, Hotline Miami and Dark Souls, prices are just ridiculous and it's been a while since I bought anything on Steam. :p

Bring them next deals!

dream

getgamesgo has an okayish deal where you can get any of the following 2 for $15:

Bioshock Infinite
The Bureau
Borderlands 2
Shadow Warrior

and a bunch of crappier stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why don't more people hire the Polish company, QLOC. They do AMAZING PC ports. I would say they are the best in the business. Every game they touch runs like melted butter.

There are companies out there who do wonderful jobs porting games.

I mean Durante is awesome for what one man can do, but QLOC is a team of people and put out ports on another level than everyone else does.

These companies have professional resources out there that they can use. I don't know why they don't utilize them.

Capcom (as much as we shit on them) does great PC ports (at least these days)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can 1 modbod code contain 2 different keys? Example: the giveaway is for a game and its dlc, and i want the same person to win both

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Finally sat down to play some Dark Souls: PtD on PC but found that my standard, wired 360 controller's left analog stick doesn't work. It works for EVERY other game I have, but not Dark Souls.

Anyone else have that problem? How did you fix it?
No idea if this helps in any way, but the menus only work with the D-pad.
GOTG for me, it's not even that hard. We're just too careless.
Yup. This is a game that's to be played slowly and with caution. I love that.
2332564-2330412_1348325462202_super.png
Played about two hours today. Liking it so far, better then what i've played from it a year ago.

But it's got to wait, since Zelda finally arrived in the mail, after two months of waiting.
Weird thing. Thirty euro's for a 3DS game sounds like a bargain, ten for a PC game on the other hand... Heh.

Jawmuncher

Finally sat down to play some Dark Souls: PtD on PC but found that my standard, wired 360 controller's left analog stick doesn't work. It works for EVERY other game I have, but not Dark Souls.

Anyone else have that problem? How did you fix it?

You probably have a conflicting controller profile.
Go to Device Manager and find the controller profile.
If you google what im talking about it'll make more sense.

Lyonaz

Capcom (as much as we shit on them) does great PC ports (at least these days)

Didn't they hire QLOC for the DmC port? Their MT Framework engine is best on PC, so those games run silky smooth, now they only need to port over Dragon's Dogma DA.

Protein

Banned
Ah I remember my first time playing Dark Souls. Good times.

Originally Posted by Me

I went into the Catacombs area my first time playing, straight out of the Hollow prison. My character is a knight, fresh to the Souls series. I clawed my way through the caves, dying horribly and miserably, literally a corpse dragging itself along. A cartoon character getting killed and maimed in every way imaginable like Wild E. Coyote. A perpetual state of being kicked in the balls with an iron boot. I had to resort to luring skeletons off cliffs to fucking kill the bastards and even executing a ridiculous play-style I like to call a "naked run", were I un-equip all my heavy armor that encumbers me and make a made dash past enemies to go recover my green effluence, possibly even make it to a bonfire. As I run this naked marathon, I'm flogged by skeletons like a mock-Jesus roaming the streets in some Catholic ritual reenacting the crucifixion. I then start to wonder if I just suck or if this game is just fucking hard as they say it is. I then decide I should do some wiki-research and then stumble across many sources saying this area is a high-level area and to go to the Undead Burg first. God dammit.

vg260

That's how Vsync works? You usually use triple buffering to alleviate that.

I'm pretty sure I've used vsync for no screen tearing with variable frame rates that aren't only 30 or 60 with no in-between for other games. I always turn vsync on, and never have this game's issue of not allowing in-between.. I think there's a quirk with this game's implementation that makes triple-buffering not available unless using some third party app. I think that's the issue.

Force it with Nvidia inspector.

Ah cool. I've also heard to use Radeon Pro. I already have it installed for SweetFx for Injustice. Does RadeonPro work for that with an nvidia card?

Lain

I'm not a fan of Early Access games, but for the right (low) price I'm in.
Which means that while I passed on Dream, I'll grab Steam Marines.

Rhaknar

Speaking of them, they got hit hard by a flood, looks like they lost alot if not all of their equipment.

the devs of Joe Danger and the upcoming No Man's Sky (Hello Games) got hit with the flood, not the Strike Suit Zero devs (Born Ready Games)

Rhaknar

I'm not a fan of Early Access games, but for the right (low) price I'm in.
Which means that while I passed on Dream, I'll grab Steam Marines.

this. cheap early access games I see as those greenlight bundles. You get it much cheaper than when they actually come out.

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Really Big Sky -- MB-27F771F671E5A30E - Taken by VikasNarula

Rhaknar

not knowing if these packs have seperate keys or not is pissing me off >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom