• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Hahaha got Don't Starve for almost nothing!

EDIT: I'm starting to wonder if these errors are really errors...
It's at the age you'd normally expect a steeper discount admittedly, but the game has never even reached $5 as far as I know. So suddenly plummeting to like a buck is odd.

But then it's literally going to be free next month on a very popular next-gen console, so maybe in light of that they really did decide that a $1.19 sale was a good idea.

garath

Amazon spanks steam on assassins creed sale. Oh well. I was hoping to use wallet funds on it but not for 10 bucks more. Dammit steam.

On a side note, unepic is potentially my game of the sale so far. Loving that game. Fun RPG metroidvania sort of game.

traveler

Not Wario
For the PS+ people, it's also worth noting that - in addition to its workshop support on steam- the game greatly benefits from mouse control. I'm almost worried about how the console implementation is going to handle that side of the game.

inm8num2

Got a 2-pack of Don't Starve and two extra gift copies.

Keep going?

edit - price fixed, damn it. I wanted to get 1-2 more gifts. Oh well.

satori

Lol picked up don't starve and I have no idea what it is. One thing is for sure though. This steam phone app is evil genius, my poor wallet buying shit while at work.

Tizoc

Does anyone else get an error when they try to vote for Stanley Parable?

Also what's the cheapst Ironclad tactics has been?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I am so tempted to buy Assassins creed black flag but got damn £30...in a sale

Thats ludicrous

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is there any chance Borderlands 2 GOTY will get a steeper price drop?

Nabs

Black Ops 2 - 50% off. Yesss. Build that community up so I can tear it down.

They need to do something about that DLC pricing. I'd actually pick 'em up, but not at full price.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Blood Dragon already was 66% when Gunslinger was 66%, I really hate that they pull this shit off instead of giving the slot to another game

Blood Dragon itself wasn't, the package with Blood Dragon and Gunslinger was (and that discount didn't repeat for Blood Dragon)

mileS

From my experience pricing errors are usually fixed almost immediately.

Edit:
That -50% on Black Ops 2. Wow...

Thats my experience as well. Except this year sometimes its a bit slow. The Bioshock Season Pass for instance, took about 10-15min to fix.

Eanan

V9caUrj.png

Go home steam, your drunk.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wow, is the flash deal discount for Stanley Parable really only 33%? Guess we better toss out the "FLASH DEALS AND DAILY DEALS ARE THE SAME" gif since the daily was 40%.

Wow, the prices for Kinectic Vpoid NEVER changed. 20% of the community still voted for it too, so we have at least 20% that don't think, are out to troll, or have hand/eye coordination right out of Surgeon Simulator 2013.
To be fair, the devs did say this was an error on their community forum and they were planning to do whatever was possible to get the price lower for the flash sale.

...Thing is, I really doubt they would have been able to change the discount percentage at such a late point in time. So it's a good thing it didn't win.

Ho ho ho

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-91CDCF93215D61AB - Taken by Eanan. 23 entrants total.

t1388168627z1.png

Nzyme32

The Platinum games rep directly asked him to fix the Rising port already.

Whether it's durante's passionate hobby or not, if they are asking him point blank to do it, he should dam well be given compensation for his time and highlighted for his work. This can not become a habit. If it does, they should only have him do it before the product is released

Looks like they fixed the regular Don't Starve, but the 2-Pack is still 92% off

EDIT: They fixed that too. Good thing I managed to get a single copy in. :)

Jawmuncher

Would like opinions on Hitman, RE6, Orcs Must Die 2, and Fallen Enchantress before deciding. Already grabbed Blood Dragon with the Gunslinger pack.

What particularly do you want to know of RE6.
I'll just cover the bases.

-The game is an action game throughout so drop the idea that it's a horror game.
-The gamplay elements added to the combat are worth learning and make the game more fun. Sadly the tutorial fails at this but anyone on GAF can quickly get you up to speed
-Mercenaries is absolutely brilliant especially if you like fast gameplay.
-The base game is fine unless you really see yourself playing the MP modes. Which are all pretty eh. Onslaught is the only mode worth a damn.
-For 11.99 you are getting a ton of content. While the campaign has it's hits or misses, more than enough there that you'll find stuff to enjoy. Especially if you bring a friend along.

*Bolded is the most important. Playing RE5 like it's RE6 ruins the game.

bonesquad

Damn. Just as I was about to buy Don't Starve on the very last confirmation screen the price went up:( Oh well. I planned on playing this via PSN+ anyway.

Arthea

There should be a rule that if you're a relatively new $60 game and you're only willing to go to a 25% discount you're told to fuck off and a different game is chosen for the daily deal.

As for what I'm buying I guess I'll buy Morrowind goty at that price. I doubt I'll take the time to properly mod it though.

Do us all favour, don't buy it, I hated it, you are going to explode! (><)
or do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom