• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently toying with the idea of buying Morrowind but I'm very unsure.

How hard is it for someone, who has trouble getting warm with dated games, to get into Morrowind?
Can mods help? If yes, which mods? And what should I expect from Morrowind?

People praise the game to be the best Elder Scrolls but I fear it might be too dated to get into for me.

Grief.exe

God damnit

Tried to purchase Don't Starve as a gift, but it changed price last second when I was confirming. I was just trying to click through since this was my second purchase, now I have to go through the refund process.

jmizzal

Looking at the system requirements for Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon, it might run on my lap top fine, I thought it would be higher, I really want that game now

mrgone

Anyone else think the flash sales have been better than the dailies this year? Granted, I already have like Dark Souls and some of the other big games, but the only things I've bought this year have been flash sales (when the community actually picks the right game of course)

Don't Starve is temping, but it's free on PS plus if you have a PS4 next month.

Don't you have to continue your subscription in order to keep the game with PS Plus? Probably not an issue for most folks with PS4s who want to play multiplayer, but for $1.19 it seems worth it for posterity. And cards.

edit: Well, so much for that. :)

Goli

Help.
I haven´t finished Demon's Souls yet because I get frustrated too easily with it but I feel like I MUST BUY DARK SOULS BEFORE IT ISN´T DISCOUNTED ANYMORE.
I've been like this since yesterday. I also want to buy Deadly Premonition.
I have $24.28 on my Steam Wallet, and I could buy those two, but I'm hesitant because:
1) I think Dark Souls could be a PS+ game in the future.
2) Deadly Premonition *might* show up on a flash sale.
I also want to buy Ys Origin and Ys Oath in Felghana, which is also why I want to wait and see if me waiting lets me save up a little, but the urge to purchase is very big.
I feel like such a consumerist whore right now ):. Is this what Steam sales do to people?

Slightly bummed that I accidently used my card funds on Don't Starve, when I was saving them up for something special, but at least I got in on the price glitch!

Giard

Had it in my cart, was just about to press buy... :(

On another note, I've been playing Cook Serve Delicious a bit more, and it's pretty amazing. I'll be recommending it to friends.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
oh really? I apologize then

Yeah I was a bit annoyed because Gunslinger was an overnight sale for me, I bought the pack before going to sleep so I wouldn't regret it if FC:BD didn't go on sale alone. I was only really interested in Blood Dragon, but at an extra 3 bucks for Gunslinger I won't complain without trying it.

Got in at $1.19. Swipe!

Who should I be voting for, folks? I own Civ V, not interested in Rome II, not interested in Stanley at 33% off (maybe next sale.) So if anyone wants me to vote a certain way, say so please.

I brought a 2 pack Don't Starve, so I have an extra in my inventory. But then I went to buy another 2 pack using that buying method to buy another 2 pack.

I kinda though it would give me 2 separate gifts for me to give away, but it is just one gift labeled 2 pack. How can I give away easily?

traveler

Not Wario
What particularly do you want to know of RE6.
I'll just cover the bases.

-The game is an action game throughout so drop the idea that it's a horror game.
-The gamplay elements added to the combat are worth learning and make the game more fun. Sadly the tutorial fails at this but anyone on GAF can quickly get you up to speed
-Mercenaries is absolutely brilliant especially if you like fast gameplay.
-The base game is fine unless you really see yourself playing the MP modes. Which are all pretty eh. Onslaught is the only mode worth a damn.
-For 11.99 you are getting a ton of content. While the campaign has it's hits or misses, more than enough there that you'll find stuff to enjoy. Especially if you bring a friend along.

*Bolded is the most important. Playing RE5 like it's RE6 ruins the game.

I enjoyed RE5 for what it was but found it a little weak, even as an action game. As an action game, where do you think RE6 rates in comparison to it?

Saw Don't Starve at 92%, logged into steam to buy it (I'm not on my usual PC) and when I returned to the store it was at 66%...

I enjoyed RE5 for what it was but found it a little weak, even as an action game. As an action game, where do you think RE6 rates in comparison to it?

Not even in the same league, RE6's core gameplay is seriously good, some of the best you can find in a TPS. Campaign is weak but go into mercenaries with a friend and have the time of your life.

Nabs

Ugh, only -50% on Skullgirls :(

If you buy Skullgirls now you get 3.5 future characters for free. Wait until a cheaper sale and you may have to buy them. Or you could wait and see if GMG will put it on sale again so you can pile on that coupon.

Momentary

Banned
Amazon spanks steam on assassins creed sale. Oh well. I was hoping to use wallet funds on it but not for 10 bucks more. Dammit steam.

On a side note, unepic is potentially my game of the sale so far. Loving that game. Fun RPG metroidvania sort of game.

Well, the Steam Gold edition is 20 bucks cheaper than what's on Amazon... sooo bought.

Tizoc

So GAF should I jump on Ironclad Tactics for $7 over at Humble Store or wait for Steam to have it as a daily or flash?

Man, can't believe the other Assassin's Creed games aren't getting the Daily Discount bonus. I'm sure they used to share it across a franchise, same with Resident Evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom