• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you buy Skullgirls now you get 3.5 future characters for free. Wait until a cheaper sale and you may have to buy them. Or you could wait and see if GMG will put it on sale again so you can pile on that coupon.

Hmm, you have a point there... I see Squigly isn't free anymore and isn't even discounted. Maybe I'll grab it now after all.

Gintoki

Yeah..

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Don't Starve -- MB-2A56B91B689E94EE - Taken by Frank the Great. 26 entrants total.

t1388168942z1.png

That was quick, usually it takes about 30 mins before they fix a price error.
Seems like they stepped up the adjusting game.

Wasnt Resident Evil 6 75% off like last month by the way?

bought Don't Starve two pack, it fixed the price on the last screen and now I paid 7 euros :(

Paypal screen said 1,67e :( so I just clicked away

Dynamic3

Has Gone Home already gone on sale at the Humble Store? It's odd that it was on sale earlier in the year for $4.99 and only got as low as $6.79 during the daily.

Anyone have an extra copy and want Sleeping Dogs!?

Volotaire

Huh, is it "illegal" or worthy of a ban if I want to exchange the extra copy I got of Don't Starve for another game with a user or something?

No. Buy Sell Trade Thread would be best for this . But of course you're going to have to be realistic since the people in that thread are also price conscious, meaning they will probably know of the price error.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone hosting a Skullgirls 4 pack? Bonus points if you are in Russia where the 4 pack is about $11.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If you buy Skullgirls now you get 3.5 future characters for free. Wait until a cheaper sale and you may have to buy them. Or you could wait and see if GMG will put it on sale again so you can pile on that coupon.

Is that still true? I thought the free DLC characters ended months ago. It started up again on consoles because of the publisher nonsense, but the DLC character is still showing full price in the Steam store. I wouldn't think that would be the case if it was still free.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Vote Civilization V. While I liked Stanley Parable, realize it's a very short interactive thingy. Civ V is a hell of a lot more game than Stanley Parable, and a fantastic value.

Arthea

So GAF should I jump on Ironclad Tactics for $7 over at Humble Store or wait for Steam to have it as a daily or flash?

I'm contemplating it all day, not sure it'll be on this sale on steam, but then again I'm no in a hurry, but still want, it's even in my wishlist.
so hard to decide, if it was $5, it would make it so easy to decide!

Clawww

Help.
I haven´t finished Demon's Souls yet because I get frustrated too easily with it but I feel like I MUST BUY DARK SOULS BEFORE IT ISN´T DISCOUNTED ANYMORE.
I've been like this since yesterday. I also want to buy Deadly Premonition.
I have $24.28 on my Steam Wallet, and I could buy those two, but I'm hesitant because:
1) I think Dark Souls could be a PS+ game in the future.
2) Deadly Premonition *might* show up on a flash sale.
I also want to buy Ys Origin and Ys Oath in Felghana, which is also why I want to wait and see if me waiting lets me save up a little, but the urge to purchase is very big.
I feel like such a consumerist whore right now ):. Is this what Steam sales do to people?

Dark Souls is a different beast on PC. Higher resolution (game is gorgeous) and unlocked framerate make it very pleasant to play. The online, however, is a lot more barren, so it depends on how much you think that would factor into your experience. Personally, on my first run, I didn't much care. I was able to summon help here and there and had some occasional invasions, but I wasn't too concerned with the online aspect. After beating the game thoroughly, however, I kinda miss the replay-value of having an active online scene.

Nonetheless, I still recommend it on PC because DSfix is an amazing experience. You will be thankful during Blighttown and pretty much all throughout the game for its beautiful art.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Weird, the other Assassin's Creed didn't get a further discount this time around. They always do.

They're all still 50% off.

Is that still true? I thought the free DLC characters ended months ago. It started up again on consoles because of the publisher nonsense, but the DLC character is still showing full price in the Steam store. I wouldn't think that would be the case if it was still free.
The characters are free for a month or so (I think) after they release. Then once that period has ended they cost money.

DedValve

Banned
Was so close to getting Don't Starve for $1 :(

Didn't even realize it was a price error (when I saw it in my cart for $5 I thought THAT was the price error lol)

I saw Don't starve for like a dollar, I fucked around and looked at the games videos and screeshots since I have no fucking clue of what the game is and I never thought it was a price mistake, then the price got up to $5 which at that point I decided not to get the game anymore since its going to ps+ anyway.
/salt

Arthea

Has Gone Home already gone on sale at the Humble Store? It's odd that it was on sale earlier in the year for $4.99 and only got as low as $6.79 during the daily.

Anyone have an extra copy and want Sleeping Dogs!?

Deals at Humble store change daily.

satori

Hey guys if lets say Civ 5 wins, does that means the DLC will get discounted as well? Or is it just the standalone game? How does that generally work?

mrgone

That was quick, usually it takes about 30 mins before they fix a price error.
Seems like they stepped up the adjusting game.

Wasnt Resident Evil 6 75% off like last month by the way?

Yeah, it's $10 on GamersGate right now, and it's been the same on GreenManGaming with the 20% discount to take it down to $8. Odd pricing there on Steam.

Kanokare

For those that wake up later today.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kanokare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-530177EB1F530D85

t1388178977z1.png

Ludovico

Huh, is it "illegal" or worthy of a ban if I want to exchange the extra copy I got of Don't Starve for another game with a user or something?

To trade a game you paid for? Not at all.

I'd love a copy of Don't Starve, and can offer any of the following:
Universe Sandbox
Super Hexagon
Deus Ex: GOTY
Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom