• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannerbot

So did anyone get a free copy of L4D2 to give away by launching the game?

If Valve did that they'd have assholes trying to sell the game on eBay. The way they're doing it, if anybody wants the game all they have to do is sign up for a Steam account, install the client, and get the game themselves. Much smarter and it guarantees new potential customers.

Oh, btw...

Long live the Queen is still $4.98 on the developer's site for those of us who couldn't get it because of community vote craziness and this link will allow you to change your license key into a steam key. I just got mine and they've got a myriad of paying options (even Amazon payments). It was probably the smoothest transaction I've had between gamersgate, GMG, Steam and Amazon so far.

This game is kinda dark. I played the demo and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Splatt

Damn this thread moves fast
KuGsj.gif

Wolfie5

Left 4 Dead 2 message

Holiday Gift Giving Time!
blog_image.jpg
[/IMG]

To celebrate the holidays in a special way this year, Left 4 Dead 2 will be free until 10AM PST 12/26.

It will be free as in, grab it now, pay no money, and it is yours to keep forever – FOR FREE!

To claim your L4D2 gift, all you need to do is install it.

If you don’t install, it goes back to its regular price and you miss out! The zombie apocalypse is more fun with friends so make sure to tell all your mates to install it as well.

To help spread the holiday cheer, all current players can earn the achievement – Ghost of Christmas Present – Spread cheer by helping a free holiday player survive a campaign.

Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with so much content where do you start?

To avoid any grinches, we suggest jumping into campaign mode and get the basics down before moving into the competitive modes.

You can also check out some guides, read the forums and ask questions, check out some art, read the comic, watch some movies, and most importantly have fun!

Some other quick tips:

Before the game: HOOK UP YOUR MICROPHONE! Communication is important in L4D2. Make sure you can keep in contact with your teammates.

In Game: stay with your teammates. L4D2 is all about teamwork and leaving your dentist friend behind to go off on your own will only get you killed. It doesn't matter that you glow!

Post Game: Make friends. If you are having fun with a group, send them friend invites or join a common group.

And there is more!

You can listen to the Midnight Riders. Download and vote on Workshop items. Dive into the modding tools,and create your own items for the workshop including the scripts for the Extended Mutation System.

Welcome to Left 4 Dead and Happy Holidays!

Hakkuei

Hmm, do I want Trials or not?

I sucked at the last game so it was a waste since I was locked out of most of the tracks/bikes since I couldn't progress far enough.

Evo is a bit easier and has a better learning curve, but ultimately if you REALLY sucked at HD you'll probably have a hard time in this one too.

Korranator

Oh, btw...

Long live the Queen is still $4.98 on the developer's site for those of us who couldn't get it because of community vote craziness and this link will allow you to change your license key into a steam key. I just got mine and they've got a myriad of paying options (even Amazon payments). It was probably the smoothest transaction I've had between gamersgate, GMG, Steam and Amazon so far.

OK I'll bite, what's the big deal about Long Live the Queen?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its ironic that I have trouble spending 9euros on State of Decay yet I keep doing these giveaways. As my friend Denzel likes to say:

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

King of Fighters XIII -- MB-7F432CD1F33E885E - Taken by -MD-. 49 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-E8479373C08D0FC9 - Taken by chronomac. 23 entrants total.
The Elder Scrolls III: Marrowind GOTY -- MB-EBC1522E0836B375 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 14 entrants total.
Endless Space: Emperor Edition -- MB-B7973D683F7248BE - Taken by Zeknurn. 15 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-3C952C318C6812C0 - Taken by Kastrioti. 7 entrants total.
Ducktales: Remastered -- MB-7F4EBA271CD09CDB - Taken by liezryou. 44 entrants total.
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-71FFB10F2968D942 - Taken by PBalfredo. 25 entrants total.

t1387997174z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just a friendly reminder - if you have the game Costume Quest, you can launch it today to get the "Tisn't the Season" achievement. :)

Momentary

Banned
I've got every fighting game on Steam... Except Injustice. I'm Holding out for a Gaben deal so I can get the cards with the sale.

You don't get cards buying for that Amazon site people talk about.

Danj

Oh, btw...

I want to play it but my games buying money is tied up in Steam Wallet funds :(

EDIT: also it is £3.95 from the developer's site if you are in the UK, which is more than $4.98 :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've got every fighting game on Steam... Except Injustice. I'm Holding out for a Gaben deal so I can get the cards with the sale.

You don't get cards buying for that Amazon site people talk about.

you get cards from games bought as keys.

its ironic that I have trouble spending 9euros on State of Decay yet I keep doing these giveaways. As my friend Denzel likes to say:

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

I'm contemplating State of Decay too, but just spent another $85 on steam and amazon for friends and family members. I hate myself.

OK I'll bite, what's the big deal about Long Live the Queen?
It's a strategy game with a grim interior under a cute mask. I had a lot of fun with the demo last night and this is the cheapest way to get it. It's definitely not the best deal of the holiday, but it's worth the $5 and Kentucky Route 0/LLTQ just got screwed hard by Super Hexagon.

Also, Super Hexagon is hard, but addictive. Half an hour went by in a flash. That game is dangerous lol.
I want to play it but my games buying money is tied up in Steam Wallet funds :(
Same for me, but I just bit the bullet and went in anyway. I was planning on holding an extra $5 for my gamersgate blue coins since I have some left over for RE6, but whatevs.

Kabouter

I just read the Skyrim reviews on Steam. Apparently someone spent 2,875.1 hours with the game.

What. The. Fuck.

Surely can't be actual played time, probably lots of alt+tabbing and what not, I have that with a lot of games. I have like 80 hours of Mafia 2 as a result lol.

Pretty nice of them to give away L4D2 for Free today. It's been on my wishlist for a while, but I never felt like $4.99 was the right sale price for it.

Rhaknar

reposting on new page since its a fast raffle thing

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

King of Fighters XIII -- MB-7F432CD1F33E885E
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-E8479373C08D0FC9
The Elder Scrolls III: Marrowind GOTY -- MB-EBC1522E0836B375
Endless Space: Emperor Edition -- MB-B7973D683F7248BE
System Shock 2 -- MB-3C952C318C6812C0
Ducktales: Remastered -- MB-7F4EBA271CD09CDB
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-71FFB10F2968D942

t1387997174z1.png

no denzel gif repost :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Based Rhaknar is based.

Awesome news to wake up to L4D2 for free. I'm installing it right now anyone down to play?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
ib0oZ9HMliC2Mm.png

I didn't expect all that. I guess there are a ton of videos.

MK9 came out on PC and was 10GB but the videos were 720p and low bitrate - looked TURRIBLE.

If the larger file size means a smaller discrepancy between gameplay and cutscenes, it's a worthwhile trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom