• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

A lot of these are repeats. That's disappointing.

I own Terraria on the 360, but I guess I'll double dip. Who turns on the 360 anymore, anyways.

Saiyan-Rox

is steam getting hammered atm? my download speed has shot through the floor....been waiting over an hour for 700MB to download and it's still an hour left >< checked my speed even tried downloading something on my consoles and it's fine :S

Cth

Its probably not the last chance and its already been a featured deal. Gone Home will probably win.

It'll be amusing to see the flood of "Best game ever" "Worst game ever" posts if it does win.

/voted for Wolf Among Us
//owned everything else

Xyber

is steam getting hammered atm? my download speed has shot through the floor....been waiting over an hour for 700MB to download and it's still an hour left >< checked my speed even tried downloading something on my consoles and it's fine :S

Try changing download server in the settings.

When I finally get the urge to play Civ5, it doesn't go on sale.

It was on sale like 2 days ago. Upgraded mine to gold edition just for the heck of it, even though I'm not sure I'll ever get back to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just noticed the discount on gone home will be lower than it was in the autumm sale. Fuckers :(

Tellaerin

I've only been gone for a day and the new thread already has so many pages I almost didn't notice it's new. Did anything crazy happen? Price mistakes? Mindboggling deals?

I find a -66% KOF XIII flash sale pretty crazy and am debating whether or not to pull the trigger, but your mileage may vary.

Zeliard

No Spelunky, no Volgarr, no Dark Souls. :( I mean, good thing I have them all already but as many people as possible should get to enjoy them.

I own the latter two and they're amazing.

Volgarr especially would be very neat to see in this sale as it's a relatively new game that hasn't seen as many sales so far nor gotten nearly as much exposure as a lot of other games. Anecdotally, looking at my friends list, 168 people own Dark Souls but only 31 know the glory of Volgarr.

Necrovex

For some reason, I decided it was finally time to play DOTA II. Anything I should know prior to playing it? I only had a brief time with LoL.

Miker

Here's another giveaway for Christmas festivities:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fable: The Lost Chapters -- MB-27BE95AB1D43C4BB - Taken by Hawkie. 26 entrants total.

t1387998611z1.png

I wasn't a big fan of the original on Xbox, but hopefully somebody else will enjoy it.

I've only been gone for a day and the new thread already has so many pages I almost didn't notice it's new. Did anything crazy happen? Price mistakes? Mindboggling deals?

Ultimately another weird day. Luckily it goes for over one more week, so there's at least a chance something good or crazy happens.

Nabs

Volgarr especially would be very neat to see in this sale as it's a relatively new game that hasn't seen as many sales so far nor gotten nearly as much exposure as a lot of other games. Anecdotally, looking at my friends list, 168 people own Dark Souls but only 31 know the glory of Volgarr.

6 friends on my list own Volgarr. 10 have it on their wishlist. :(

I just noticed the discount on gone home will be lower than it was in the autumm sale. Fuckers :(

Yes it will and it's a giant shame, that game is great even if it's only a few hours long. I also feel like that $5 pricepoint is where it shines. I really enjoyed the story and how it was presented to a ridiculous degree after going in knowing nothing.

For some reason, I decided it was finally time to play DOTA II. Anything I should know prior to playing it? I only had a brief time with LoL.

Id actually recommend that you just jump straight in (there are a few good tutorials also) and mess about with suggested builds in game.

Initially I tried reading up loads of stuff and it ruined the game for me - second attempt felt much better :)

Tizoc

Oh yeah I made a giveaway of Volgarr some days ago.

OK question regarding modbot:
In due time I may want to make a 'giveaway thread' using ModBot, is it OK if I make the thread instead of it being anonymous?

mannerbot

yup. Like i said, fuckers! :(

Ah yeah, I thought you mean that this community vote would be a BETTER discount and you were salty about buying it in the Autumn sale. The "lower" discount part confused me. :p

Accept my friend request and that'll be 32
and +1 100% complete
whoo!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I see Deus Ex: Invisible War is on another Daily Deal.

Is there a list somewhere that shows all the Daily Deals that aren't part of the Winter Sale daily showcase?

hohoXD123

It'll be amusing to see the flood of "Best game ever" "Worst game ever" posts if it does win.

/voted for Wolf Among Us
//owned everything else

More accurately it'll be: "Best game ever! Writing was awesome!" vs "You call that a game? Go watch a movie."

-MD-

Oh yeah I made a giveaway of Volgarr some days ago.

OK question regarding modbot:
In due time I may want to make a 'giveaway thread' using ModBot, is it OK if I make the thread instead of it being anonymous?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking cause I've only used modbot a couple times but making yourself anonymous is optional when doing a giveaway, I'm pretty sure it credits the person giving stuff away by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom