• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Do us all favour, don't buy it, I hated it, you are going to explode! (><)
or do you like it?

Morrowind's an all time classic RPG. I just don't have it on Steam yet and it's been a few years since I played it. I also kind of groan knowing I have to search for mods before playing it so I get lazy and not play it that often lol.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The characters are free for a month or so (I think) after they release. Then once that period has ended they cost money.

Cool, I thought it was "buy before XX to get all future characters free" not just "Buy now or you have to pay for Squigly"

Weird, the other Assassin's Creed didn't get a further discount this time around. They always do.

They're all still 50% off.

This sale has been different, in general when a daily/flash deal happens the DLC and other games in the franchise haven't been included at the same discount, or sometimes at any discount.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
For the people that missed the pricing error!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kandrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-37C4E8823F404D70 - Taken by nexen. 23 entrants total.

t1388169257z1.png

CaLe

Anyone has a Don't Starve key to sell ? I was about to checkout when the wife came to talk to me... Didn't have time to finish the purchase.

Kinyou

Ok, lots of Don't Starve raffles going on. What happens if I win multiple? Is modbot smart enough to not let the same person win a game twice?

Nabs

Is that still true? I thought the free DLC characters ended months ago. It started up again on consoles because of the publisher nonsense, but the DLC character is still showing full price in the Steam store. I wouldn't think that would be the case if it was still free.

People who waited missed out on Squiggly, but they'll have a chance to snatch up Big Band, Eliza and Beowulf for free. I don't know how Robo-Fortune is being handled.

Arthea

What's the difference between Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes?

You wan Legendary Heroes, no less, believe me, because you get to play as a Legendary Hero and you even can choose which one!
there are many gameplay improvements, story mode is actually good, and LH is definitive version of the game.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-22567BF2530F9756 - Taken by PhoenixDawn. 35 entrants total.

t1388169393z1.png

Don't starve Gaf! :)

Grief.exe

Morrowind's an all time classic RPG. I just don't have it on Steam yet and it's been a few years since I played it. I also kind of groan knowing I have to search for mods before playing it so I get lazy and not play it that often lol.

There are a couple of great compilations available now that take care of everything you need.

Bread

Banned
can someone explain to me how this whole trading card thing can be exploited for personal gain

i'm asking for a friend

Prophane33

I swear I have the best luck with foils. thanks to card money I don't think I've spent more than 5 dollars on a sale since last winter.

Grief.exe

Never played Morrowind.

Graphics should be acceptable with mods, right?

Oh ya

Ok, lots of Don't Starve raffles going on. What happens if I win multiple? Is modbot smart enough to not let the same person win a game twice?

Unlikely right now for you to even win one, but if you happen to win 2 there are methods to nuke the key.
Check the modbot thread linked in the OP for the method.

Does anyone know what period the top sellers chart covers? 24 hours? 48 hours?

Don't Starve must have sold like crazy to reach 4th in 10 minutes

Yeah, it's $10 on GamersGate right now, and it's been the same on GreenManGaming with the 20% discount to take it down to $8. Odd pricing there on Steam.

Was that for just the standard game then?
I might go for the Complete Edition... though, are the DLCs even anything to have?

The_Monk

Man I want RE6, but $11 is kinda steep.

I really agree. Budgeting is getting harder but I can't complain to be honest. Having great fun and playing great game from the Backlog! But when I see how the game looks on PC it's very temping, RE6 is a good Co-op game even if many say it's not a Resident Evil and I respect that.

Jawmuncher

Was that for just the standard game then?
I might go for the Complete Edition... though, are the DLCs even anything to have?

Unless you plan to play MP RE6 then no.
Honestly you get everything you need with the base game which is the Campaign and all the Merc maps. The only MP mode worth a damn is Onslaught.

Can someone help me out with getting Skullgirls?
I am around 2&#8364; short with my steam wallet and can only put more money in tomorrow.
Will buy and gift you a game for around the same price tomorrow because I don't have paypal etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom