• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then you got Eliza to look forward too
Don't forget the Skullgirls classics.

Parasoul-gif-skullgirls-31534349-450-450.gif

Double-gif-skullgirls-31452864-578-638.gif

Painwheel-gif-skullgirls-31453142-454-437.gif

SG is all MarvelousAQL and Lab Zero Games now for the curious.

Kanokare

GAF, does someone know if the Assassin's Creed Gold Edition contains the season pass? The description on Steam is a little vague.

Yup

Extra Content included in Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Gold Edition:

Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ Season Pass: Gives you all-in-one access to a new 3+ hour single-player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, plus multiplayer characters and much more!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Early Access games are fucking expensive.

Morrowind's an all time classic RPG. I just don't have it on Steam yet and it's been a few years since I played it. I also kind of groan knowing I have to search for mods before playing it so I get lazy and not play it that often lol.

There's already an all-in-one mod for Morrowind (Morrowind Overhaul I think?)

Enco

I have a goty version of Dishonored.

Anyone want to trade it for a copy of brothers?

Full disclosure: I got it during the pricing error if that affects your opinion. It was pretty cheap.

In for Steam Marines, unsure about Hitman Absolution and Fallen Enchantress. I've never played a Hitman before (though I do own Blood Money) so I'm not sure if Absolution would actually be fine to play if you're new to the series, since many of the complaints I've heard seem to be "it's not like old Hitman." As for Fallen Enchantress, so we're sure now that Stardock hasn't shit the bed on this one like they did Elemental (and apparently the original Fallen Enchantress)?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Ok, lots of Don't Starve raffles going on. What happens if I win multiple? Is modbot smart enough to not let the same person win a game twice?
Modbot does not care what the game is called, but there are rules that could prevent you from winning twice (or at all). You can't win Kandrick's raffle unless you've given a game away yourself. You can only win something from ModBot every 15 minutes (unless Stump has changed the throttle) so you can't possibly win both Gintoki and Metalic Sand's raffles. Et cetera.

But when you win something, your name is made public. The thread will know if you win multiple copies of the same game, and if you don't give one back...you run a pretty high risk of being blacklisted from ModBot giveaways.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got a small giveaway coming guys (fair warning to avoid AWWW I MISSED A GIVEAWAY WHILE I WAS HAVING A WANK?), but I need some food first cause im starving.

smaller giveaway this time cause im literally running on fumes now sales money wise, but still some good stuff in there I think. will be up in a bit

HoosTrax

I really wish we could have environmental and lore design like Morrowind in a more modern TES or other RPG game. Oblivion was the worst. Skyrim was a step up, but I wouldn't call Norse mythology a particularly rarely used theme either.

The only other games that did as much for me in the design department were Planescape Torment (although I think that game was based on an established D&D IP), and Dark Souls. DS, while based on a Western medieval theme, did enough by venturing off into the surreal and gothic horror to differentiate itself.

Kinyou

Modbot does not care what the game is called, but there are rules that could prevent you from winning twice (or at all). You can't win Kandrick's raffle unless you've given a game away yourself. You can only win something from ModBot every 15 minutes (unless Stump has changed the throttle) so you can't possibly win both Gintoki and Metalic Sand's raffles. Et cetera.

But when you win something, your name is made public. The thread will know if you win multiple copies of the same game, and if you don't give one back...you run a pretty high risk of being blacklisted from ModBot giveaways.
Alright, thx. Missed the bit about the 15 minute limit. That should definitely lower any risks.

Grief.exe

I really wish we could have environmental and lore design like Morrowind in a more modern TES or other RPG game. Oblivion was the worst. Skyrim was a step up, but I wouldn't call Norse mythology a particularly rarely used theme either.

The only other games that did as much for me in the design department were Planescape Torment (although I think that game was based on an established D&D IP), and Dark Souls. DS, while based on a Western medieval theme, did enough by venturing off into the surreal and gothic horror to differentiate itself.

The lore behind Morrowind, the racial tension, and how it is all interconnected is incredibly deep.

Don't Starve? Pricing error? I missed it? WHAT HAPPENED

How much did it go for?

$1.19

Unless you plan to play MP RE6 then no.
Honestly you get everything you need with the base game which is the Campaign and all the Merc maps. The only MP mode worth a damn is Onslaught.

Ah I see, okay.
Though, you who buy games from russian should be able to get the RE6: Complete Pack for about $8 anyway.

In for Steam Marines, unsure about Hitman Absolution and Fallen Enchantress. I've never played a Hitman before (though I do own Blood Money) so I'm not sure if Absolution would actually be fine to play if you're new to the series, since many of the complaints I've heard seem to be "it's not like old Hitman." As for Fallen Enchantress, so we're sure now that Stardock hasn't shit the bed on this one like they did Elemental (and apparently the original Fallen Enchantress)?

Buy Hitman: Blood Money instead x50000

People should get RE6. It's definitely a mixed bag, but the campaign is hilarious if you play with someone and enjoy goofy, over-the-top scenes that have no reasonable explanation to them. As in, explosions everywhere.

Once you finish the campaign, the real meat of the game is the Mercenaries mode (though it's unlocked right from the start). There are actually two variants on PC: The Mercenaries (regular) and The Mercenaries No Mercy (PC-exclusive). The differences are huge for sure. In the regular mode, enemies spawn at specific locations on any given map once you kill a certain number of enemies, and you need to navigate/learn where this happens so you can keep up your combo for as long as you can. The total number of enemies on a map is 150, and getting a full 150-combo requires finesse. The No Mercy variant does away with most of the strategy and goes balls-to-the-wall fuck-awesome with the number of enemies on screen at once, making the regular variant seem anemic in comparison. The combo is doubled to 300, but the number of enemies isn't capped at 300 at all. Oh, no. There are tons and tons and tons of enemies and it's awesome. It's definitely a fun mode to play in short bursts or for hours, and it's the part of the game where the mechanics really shine bright, if you give it a chance. The finesse required in the regular variant is mostly gone, but the threat of death is much higher when you have all kinds of enemy types being thrown at you.

You can pretty much skip all the DLC, but I will say that the Onslaught DLC is my favorite. It's extremely unique and satisfying, but it's 1v1 and finding people playing it when the mood strikes is hard (and that's true for any of the modes, frankly). It's basically a mix of Puzzle League/Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon and RE6 gameplay. You kill enemies and build up your combo (up to 30), and when you get the max combo or drop it, you send that many number of enemies to your opponent's side. the higher the combo, the deadlier the enemies you send over. it's a very exhilarating mode and I highly recommend it, but, again, virtually no one plays it. BUT I DO ;) You definitely need to have some people on your friends list for it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
got a small giveaway coming guys (fair warning to avoid AWWW I MISSED A GIVEAWAY WHILE I WAS HAVING A WANK?), but I need some food first cause im starving.

smaller giveaway this time cause im literally running on fumes now sales money wise, but still some good stuff in there I think. will be up in a bit

It is insane how much you have spent already to be honest lol.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was gonna get Dark Souls, but I grabbed a bunch of gift copies of Don't Starve on impulse.

Back to the card mines I go

Grief.exe

You have to go out of the top 60 in the Steam top sellers to find Ghosts, Black Ops II isn't even in the top 100.

Wait! You mean games in early Alpha aren't 100% stable, fully featured, with all gameplay elements refined??? Surely you jest!

Go read the Steam forums, it literally disgusts me.

Jawmuncher

People should get RE6. It's definitely a mixed bag, but the campaign is hilarious if you play with someone and enjoy goofy, over-the-top scenes that have no reasonable explanation to them. As in, explosions everywhere.

Once you finish the campaign, the real meat of the game is the Mercenaries mode (though it's unlocked right from the start). There are actually two variants on PC: The Mercenaries (regular) and The Mercenaries No Mercy (PC-exclusive). The differences are huge for sure. In the regular mode, enemies spawn at specific locations on any given map once you kill a certain number of enemies, and you need to navigate/learn where this happens so you can keep up your combo for as long as you can. The total number of enemies on a map is 150, and getting a full 150-combo requires finesse. The No Mercy variant does away with most of the strategy and goes balls-to-the-wall fuck-awesome with the number of enemies on screen at once, making the regular variant seem anemic in comparison. The combo is doubled to 300, but the number of enemies isn't capped at 300 at all. Oh, no. There are tons and tons and tons of enemies and it's awesome. It's definitely a fun mode to play in short bursts or for hours, and it's the part of the game where the mechanics really shine bright, if you give it a chance. The finesse required in the regular variant is mostly gone, but the threat of death is much higher when you have all kinds of enemy types being thrown at you.

You can pretty much skip all the DLC, but I will say that the Onslaught DLC is my favorite. It's extremely unique and satisfying, but it's 1v1 and finding people playing it when the mood strikes is hard (and that's true for any of the modes, frankly). It's basically a mix of Puzzle League/Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon and RE6 gameplay. You kill enemies and build up your combo (up to 30), and when you get the max combo or drop it, you send that many number of enemies to your opponent's side. the higher the combo, the deadlier the enemies you send over. it's a very exhilarating mode and I highly recommend it, but, again, virtually no one plays it. BUT I DO ;) You definitely need to have some people on your friends list for it.

You forgot to pimp the RE6 Neogaf group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom