• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Skullgirls is one of those "quarter circles/half circles/ zig zag" fighters, right? Shame that I suck balls at those.

The entry level is actually pretty low for Skullgirls.
Easy to play hard to master is what I would say. The game is very forgiving with it's inputs and at this point for fighting game basic's I would almost say it's a good point to start with. Mind you this is from a mid-level player, which is the best I can strive for in any fighting game.

lasagna not ready nooooooooooooooooo

also GMG FUCKED UP the order of the bundle keys in the email, and now i have no idea what is what. great. Steam doesnt eat the keys if I try them until I find the one I didnt have correct, just says product already owned?

It doesn't eat your key if you own it already.

You have to go out of the top 60 in the Steam top sellers to find Ghosts, Black Ops II isn't even in the top 100.

Y'know, if it was under $15, I'd bite. But not even the resellers go below $19 when it's on flash special/daily -- and it's not even the current entry in the franchise! Activision'd.

Where's the price errors for the games I don't have?

Wtf is up with this kind of stuff Valve? Leave the mascots alone..

What game are the killers from, out of curiosity.
Also, the price errors were on day 1 or 2 for the Bioshock Infinite pass error. :p
I think that might have been all the pricing errors so far?

To be fair the game is like 30+ hours long. $11 is a great value but only if you play in coop. Is this a great Resident Evil game? No. Is it fun? Yes. I highly recommend it for this price.

Great RE game? I dunno, but I liked it more than RE5. Considering it's basically RE4 + RE5 + RE4: Separate Ways + RE6 plus the tweaked mercenaries mode... it's worth the $11 or so that's being asked. And if you enjoy co-op, yeah, maybe that makes it better. But the AI is better than the RE5 Sheeva business (even though I never really had a problem with her other than the Jill/Wesker fight on Professional).

But yes, definitely highly recommended... I still need to play the PC copy I picked up as I want to see the L4D2 special infected in Mercs mode.

Still waitin' on a Volgarr sale. I owe a buddy a Christmas present and he loves the other Adult Swim-published games.

I don't know that they have a bad game on Steam.
Volgarr, SHoDN, Fist Puncher, and Super Puzzle Platfomer Deluxe, I think... all recommended.

ra832gjutu.gif

Can't Stop. Steam Sales...
A:CM.gif.

I'm selling a civilization 5 steam key for $5.99. Does anyone want it or is there a better thread to list this?

Try the B/S/T thread?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
come on fucking lasagna cook already

oh Ass Creed 3 got the 75% I needed? yay bought

freakk5

Banned
I wanted it, bought it, played it and.... I couldn't remember being that bad at any other fighting game, not that I'm good at them, but Skullgirls are really special somehow (><)

Oy, I'm terrible at just about any fighting game I play.
But that's because I generally don't take the time to learn moves.

Skullgirls is one of those "quarter circles/half circles/ zig zag" fighters, right? Shame that I suck balls at those.
I've been playing KOF like crazy since yesterday and you have no idea how much Skullgirls spoils you. The most complex moves are a single 360 and some dragon punch (zig zag) motions. Some characters don't even have to deal with Zig Zags and mostly rely on quarter cirlce motions which are the easiest motions in the FG genre besides command normals (which SG has in spades).

If SG isn't simple enough then I don't know what is... unless there is a new fighter out there with a cast comprised solely of MvC3 Wesker lol.

Grief.exe

I wanted it, bought it, played it and.... I couldn't remember being that bad at any other fighting game, not that I'm good at them, but Skullgirls are really special somehow (><)

Skullgirls is supposed to have an amazing tutorial system. Apparently you can learn every aspect of the game, and general fighting game strategies through the list.

Benedict

Here is my second ModBot. Some mixed games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warlock -- MB-49993644B0A9F130 - Taken by Peachblossom. 4 entrants total.
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-45C539DBBAACD841 - Taken by C4rter. 1 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-1A9C60C40BC435F4 - Taken by belucheez. 2 entrants total.
Gratious Space Battles -- MB-1AF93A9392D77E32 - Taken by Waku. 1 entrants total.
Mount and Blade -- MB-BFD71F4C3F5A1713 - Taken by flaxknuckles. 7 entrants total.
Hearts of Iron 3 -- MB-8230ECA4E8FC0036 - Taken by LeadProtagonist. 2 entrants total.
Europa Universalis 3 -- MB-F28DFE2BC36C4FE5 - Taken by PhoenixDawn. 3 entrants total.
Necrovision Lost Company -- MB-759CA18BF4CE351D - Taken by Dipper145. 1 entrants total.

t1388171103z1.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just finished Dear Esther and yeah, that was a thing. It looks and sounds pretty good though. I knew what I was getting into but I wish I read about how to change the walking speed before I started.

Miguel81

As Kirosa said, this really should be the other way around.

The lead developer is adamant that they wouldn't be conducive to the gameplay.

I thought that by the time I got to play the DC it would be fixed. Anyway, thanks for the help on getting Trine 2 removed.

vg260

The lead developer is adamant that they wouldn't be conducive to the gameplay.

I wish more developers felt this way. I hate achievements because they are a huge contributor to the death of game save sharing.

Also, cards don't affect gameplay at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does the AC3 season pass come with all the single player dlc? store description is shit

Arthea

Skullgirls is supposed to have an amazing tutorial system. Apparently you can learn every aspect of the game, and general fighting game strategies through the list.

That's the problem, I struggled even with tutorial, something seems just don't work with me, I couldn't play it with controller at all, switched to the keyboard, it got loads better, I finally could play it, but or my timing is very off or I can't fully grasp how this game works (I mean special moves mostly, of course, I make them properly at something like 1 of 3 rate, it's too frustrating)

Tagyhag

Yes.

Each character is free for everyone with the game for 3 months, then those who haven't downloaded them yet have to pay after the time is up.

If you download them within the first 3 months, they are yours to keep.
Nice! Thanks, I'll purchase Squigly then since I wasn't sure how the DLC worked.

73V3N

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-DBDAF645D4CB1409 - Taken by Purkake4. 6 entrants total.

t1388171463z1.png

I wish I had more to give.

joe2187

Banned

Oy, I'm terrible at just about any fighting game I play.
But that's because I generally don't take the time to learn moves.

You're in luck! Skullgirls has a very new player friendly in depth tutorial! You can try the whole tutorial for free on the PS3 and 360 versions if you want.

Also....MORE GIF's

tumblr_m2fc1z11FL1qbkprxo1_500.gif

ibkdjtyj96jfy9.gif

1387099952176.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom